Same Stateroom, same booking, husband and I are on different airlines!

ericapearl

So frustrated. I've been on hold for 2.5 hours so far with the air reservations for NCL and am just getting more and more worked up. 

My husband and I are in the same stateroom, same reservation number, same airport, etc and NCL booked us on different airlines for both legs of our Alaskan Cruise in July.

I read the terms and conditions for NCL promotional air offer, and it clearly states:

• All guests booked within a singular reservation will be booked on the same flight.

Has anyone here had any experience with this?

44 minutes ago, ericapearl said:

So frustrated. I've been on hold for 2.5 hours so far with the air reservations for NCL and am just getting more and more worked up. 

My husband and I are in the same stateroom, same reservation number, same airport, etc and NCL booked us on different airlines for both legs of our Alaskan Cruise in July.

I read the terms and conditions for NCL promotional air offer, and it clearly states:

• All guests booked within a singular reservation will be booked on the same flight.

Oh, my.   I have no experience with NCL air, but I do feel your aggravation.   Hope you get a speedy resolution.

• Like 1

Did you book with a TA or directly on NCL site?  If a TA, have them call for you.  Also check to see if you can e-mail them.  Three hours tells me something else is going on with the system.  Did they give a call back option...like they will call you when it's your turn?

My guess is when you do speak to someone they will tell you to call the airline.  The airline will tell you to call NCL...so frustrating!!

Please provide updates...

Update #2* So I used my husband's phone to call and got through almost immediately. I was told by the NCL rep that they are "aware of the phone issue". *Sigh*

I was also told that they would be issuing new air itineraries in the next thirty days for us. That;s 18 days from the sail date so I sure hope that they come through with a correction!

I will update when or if something changes.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, ericapearl said:

I was also told that they would be issuing new air itineraries in the next thirty days for us.

I don't know if I'd be happy with that "next 30 days".  I'd call back in a few days (or now) to see if you can get a different answer.  Why 30 days?

2 hours ago, ericapearl said:

Horrible!  I sure hope you are able to get the flights changed.

When I booked our upcoming Panama trip they were offering free airfare and I asked NCL about it during booking.  They said “just be sure you understand that we can’t guarantee that you will be on the same flights.  You probably will, but we can’t guarantee it “.  So I declined.  It is very important to me to travel with my husband.  I find it bizarre that they state right in their terms that you WILL be on the same flights.

2 hours ago, bomabound said:

It is very important to me to travel with my husband.

When our kids were young my husband and I never traveled on the same plane together unless we were flying with the kids as well.  I was too afraid of leaving them orphans should something terrible happen.  Now they are grown and flying separately is a thing of the past.

• Like 2

On 5/23/2023 at 5:23 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

When our kids were young my husband and I never traveled on the same plane together unless we were flying with the kids as well. 

That seems quite unique to me. The thought never crossed our minds when our kids were young.  But then, I feel far safer flying than I do driving down a curving two-lane highway. So, to each their own.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RB9643 said:

That seems quite unique to me. The thought never crossed our minds when our kids were young.  But then, I feel far safer flying than I do driving down a curving two-lane highway. So, to each their own.

You’re not alone. DH thought I was nuts. Still does, I’m sure. Now I’m just nuts about different things. 😊  seriously though, I believe flying is the safest way to travel… my fear (perhaps irrational) of leaving my kids as orphans got the better of me.

On 5/23/2023 at 5:23 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

When our kids were young my husband and I never traveled on the same plane together unless we were flying with the kids as well.  I was too afraid of leaving them orphans should something terrible happen.  Now they are grown and flying separately is a thing of the past.

And here I thought my sister was the only one that did that.  I would call her a nut case every time she booked different flights.  Apparently she didn't think her brother and sisters could care for her kids properly.  That ended when her kids became adults.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2023 at 10:11 AM, ericapearl said:

besides calling, start sending off emails to the NCL Air department.  Be a pain in the a##, and send of emails every 2-3 days.  Best to have as much documentation as possible. ( emails are a great way). Good luck

More and more it seems, customer service departments in all industries are doing everything they can to avoid communication with customers.  My medical clinic says "don't call us, use MyChart messaging", then a few months later they say "don't message us, we're too busy".  My investment company does their best to hide phone numbers and customer service email addresses.  When do we stop using covid as an excuse and start getting people back to work?  Not a fan of remote (non) working. 

This concludes my rant of the day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, quack2 said:

When do we stop using covid as an excuse and start getting people back to work?  Not a fan of remote (non) working. 

This concludes my rant of the day.

I hate that telephone message: "We apologize for any delay caused by  the pandemic."

You are correct in stating that too many companies are delibertely making phone numbers hard to find.  

Edited by RocketMan275

Newest update: 

So NCL Air has still not rectified their "phone issue". Hint to all callers: If you call and get music for the hold, HANG UP. You are in a non-monitored queue! The Air queue that works has NCL advertisements throughout the hold time. After wasting 2.5 hours today I called again on my husband's phone and got in the correct queue finally and was told that they are still working on getting the phone issue fixed!

As far as our flights go...no luck so far. I was told to wait 2 more weeks and call back for the status.

*SIGH*

• Thanks 1

On 5/23/2023 at 6:23 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Were my wife and I traveling when our kids were young, this is what I would have done as well.

Here is how I reason it: 

1) Yes, the deaths per passenger mile are much higher for autos than commercial airliners.

2) But - should  there be some type of accident, the odds of at least one of us surviving an auto accident is much higher than the odds of one of us surviving an airliner crash.

So yes, airliners are safer than autos - until you actually have some kind of crash. At that point, the survivability of an auto crash (high likelihood of survival) is many times higher than the survivability of an airliner crash (very low likelihood of survival).

Edited by tscoffey
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, ericapearl said:

Newest update: 

So NCL Air has still not rectified their "phone issue". Hint to all callers: If you call and get music for the hold, HANG UP. You are in a non-monitored queue! The Air queue that works has NCL advertisements throughout the hold time. After wasting 2.5 hours today I called again on my husband's phone and got in the correct queue finally and was told that they are still working on getting the phone issue fixed!

As far as our flights go...no luck so far. I was told to wait 2 more weeks and call back for the status.

*SIGH*

Yeah, I also waited on hold for 90 minutes and gave up...

When these situations happen - and they do - the proper customer service response is to post information about the outage on their website and social media channels. These fools can't even take those steps.

• Like 1