Has Anyone Cruised With a Group Called Abraham Hicks?

marshacruises

Thank you for offering your experiences and opinions.  Since we used the nonrefundable deposit (saving over $1200) and this is the cruise we really want to take, we decided that the groups should not be a big problem for us.  I really appreciate that each of you were willing to share your thoughts.

• Like 2

I agree with others who say it's not about the topic of this particular group, but merely the fact that a large group will be on a particular cruise. It changes the makeup of passengers and the flow of things. I would pass.

2 hours ago, marshacruises said:

Thank you for offering your experiences and opinions.  Since we used the nonrefundable deposit (saving over $1200) and this is the cruise we really want to take, we decided that the groups should not be a big problem for us.  I really appreciate that each of you were willing to share your thoughts.

We are also on this cruise and are not making any changes to our plans. 

We have done a couple of Christmas cruises and I don't think this group will be any more difficult to sail with than 1,100 children!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, marshacruises said:

Thank you for taking us on your journey through the world of partial charters.  It's been interesting so far.  I hope you continue to share.  Have a great cruise!  🙏

• Like 1

I will be on the same cruise. I might have reconsidered had I known, but it is what it is now. This explains why the cruise appears to be sold out also. This will be part of a 2 cruise anniversary trip, so I am not too worried. 

We were on Solstice when cruising first started up again.   Their was an Abraham Hicks group on the ship.   I would have predicted that the group would have been about 300.   The cruise was affected by the Southwest Meltdown and at least 1/2 the group didn't show and they didn't allow downline embarkation.

They had various venues blocked off for their activities including the theater at certain times and various lounges. 

I don't know much about them but the group seemed like a bunch that were trying to find happiness and connectivity in a world with conflict and no direction.  hmm..

They seem to stay to themselves and were not really disruptive to the cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I don't know much about them but the group seemed like a bunch that were trying to find happiness and connectivity in a world with conflict and no direction.  hmm..

Aren't we all?  Besides those who derive happiness and connectivity from conflict and a lack of direction? 🙃

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Aren't we all?  Besides those who derive happiness and connectivity from conflict and a lack of direction? 🙃

I think some of those people are the trolls on CC!

• Haha 3

Not a cult. Generally, kind, loving people who seek to spread positivity. Keeping “religion” out of the topic, but everyone is entitled to call their personal spiritual guide by whatever name/title/description of their choosing.

My only concern would be the impact of any large group on venues etc…

Edited by wisteria1019
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2023 at 6:50 AM, Mark_T said:

Looks like you are safe, it is Solstice on Sept. 22.

I'm not that bothered what the nature of the group is, but I'd never knowingly cruise with any large group onboard as they inevitably impact on the enjoyment of the facilities by others, due to their tendency to cluster.

Like letting them take over the MDR early seating.

We were on a cruise once with a big religious group (I considered it a Cult) that would do their best to recruit you every time you got in an elevator with any of them.

Another time with a Big group of Bikers called Hogs on the High Seas! 

On 5/27/2023 at 8:42 AM, wisteria1019 said:

Not a cult. Generally, kind, loving people who seek to spread positivity. Keeping “religion” out of the topic, but everyone is entitled to call their personal spiritual guide by whatever name/title/description of their choosing.

My only concern would be the impact of any large group on venues etc…

See post #9

ETA: wrong post number...

Edited by dlh015

On 5/24/2023 at 9:50 AM, Mark_T said:

Looks like you are safe, it is Solstice on Sept. 22.

I'm not that bothered what the nature of the group is, but I'd never knowingly cruise with any large group onboard as they inevitably impact on the enjoyment of the facilities by others, due to their tendency to cluster.

Yes, groups can have a negative impact.   There is a group that has routinely commandeered the Martin bar from about 6:00 p.m. to about 8:30 p.m. since cruising resumed when we have cruised with X.  I have made numerous suggestions, all the way up the food chain to X's senior folks about moving that meeting time earlier  in the evening for this group so that the rest of us can enjoy the martini bar during that time frame but I have been ignored.  Oh well.  Life's about options, right? 🙂 

3 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

Yes, groups can have a negative impact.   There is a group that has routinely commandeered the Martin bar from about 6:00 p.m. to about 8:30 p.m. since cruising resumed when we have cruised with X.  I have made numerous suggestions, all the way up the food chain to X's senior folks about moving that meeting time earlier  in the evening for this group so that the rest of us can enjoy the martini bar during that time frame but I have been ignored.  Oh well.  Life's about options, right? 🙂 

Which group is that ?🤔
we are usually at Sunset Bar than dinner during those time 

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

17 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Which group is that ?🤔

I

17 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Which group is that ?🤔

I need to find one of my onboard "newsletters" with the schedules to use X's phraseology.  🙂  Then I will respond.