Sports in Mason Jar?

Does anyone know if they have TVs playing sports in Mason Jar?  I’ve been there many times enjoying my whisky, but don’t recall TVs. We are sailing in November and want to catch the Bills, then have dinner after the game. 

9 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Don’t recall tv’s but there is live music in the evenings. This was on Wonder

m

Yep. They have an excellent band and great drinks. We were on the inaugural last March. Hopefully someone knows about TVs!0

10 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

No TVs that I recall. It’s not a sports bar. Playmakers is your friend.

That’s where we’re starting but wanted to move upstairs to Mason Jar for 4th quarter and then dinner there after game. 

20 minutes ago, robntawn said:

That’s where we’re starting but wanted to move upstairs to Mason Jar for 4th quarter and then dinner there after game. 

There are no TVs in Mason Jar. For what it’s worth, Mason Jar is the only speciality restaurant on an RCI ship I will never go to again. As others have stated, Playmakers is the place to watch NFL games on Wonder. Make sure you get there early. I did a back to back on Wonder in December. By 12 PM both Sundays every table in Playmakers was occupied. A few tables opened up during the afternoon, but most people were like us and stayed there all day until the late afternoon games were finished. 

Here's a tip.

If the Mason Jar has a whisky or beer that isn't at Playmakers, like Whistle Pig Rye or Albita Purple Haze, just go and order in Mason Jar and then head for Playmakers.  That said, for Craft Beer Playmakers Rules!!

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

There are no TVs in Mason Jar. For what it’s worth, Mason Jar is the only speciality restaurant on an RCI ship I will never go to again. As others have stated, Playmakers is the place to watch NFL games on Wonder. Make sure you get there early. I did a back to back on Wonder in December. By 12 PM both Sundays every table in Playmakers was occupied. A few tables opened up during the afternoon, but most people were like us and stayed there all day until the late afternoon games were finished. 

Yes. We love it for NFL games. Hoping they play the late game on Aquatheater screen. 

3 hours ago, robntawn said:

Yep. They have an excellent band and great drinks. We were on the inaugural last March. Hopefully someone knows about TVs!0

Was recently on Wonder.   I didn't see TVs at Mason Jar.  Not to burst your bubble, but there is no way to predict which game(s) will be shown.   

M

13 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Was recently on Wonder.   I didn't see TVs at Mason Jar.  Not to burst your bubble, but there is no way to predict which game(s) will be shown.   

M

Every RCI ship I was on last year during football season (Mariner, Freedom, Independence, Odyssey and Wonder) showed every Sunday game at Playmakers. 

45 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Since Sunday Ticket is moving from DirecTV to YouTube, what happened last year is probably no longer relevant. 

I'm sorry, I have no idea what that means, but I hope it means you can watch your preferred game. 

enjoy.   

M

(PS - grew up in West Phila. Still a Philly fan.  Wish I was watching the 76ers instead of Celtics/Heat) 

M

5 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

(PS - grew up in West Phila. Still a Philly fan.  Wish I was watching the 76ers instead of Celtics/Heat) 

M

[ Insert Fresh Prince reference here ]

I went to Penn in a former life. Grew up in the Philly ‘burbs. Very weak ending to the Sixers/Celtics series.

Been here since 2000 but still root for all Philly teams except in MLS. At least we have Wawa & a pretty good water ice chain.

5 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

[ Insert Fresh Prince reference here ]

I went to Penn in a former life. Grew up in the Philly ‘burbs. Very weak ending to the Sixers/Celtics series.

Been here since 2000 but still root for all Philly teams except in MLS. At least we have Wawa & a pretty good water ice chain.

I went to HS with Billy Cunningham. I knew the parents of Ed Pinckney and met Ed.I have a niece who went to Temple .

Can I get Honorable Philly status ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I went to HS with Billy Cunningham. I knew the parents of Ed Pinckney and met Ed.I have a niece who went to Temple .

Can I get Honorable Philly status ?

Well before my time but I obviously know who they are. Very cool. You only get the status if you order a cheesesteak properly. 😁

I have some loose Temple connections myself.