On board Emerald princess now second post

lion1956

The last time we ported in Ensenada we walked to Hussong's Cantina. It's a small bar where the Margarita was purportedly invented. We had zero issues walking through town to the cantina. There weren't a lot of people there when we visited and most were locals. The exchange rate was clearly posted on the wall and the drinks were good. We each had 2 Margaritas (the Margaritas were very good) and then I asked for a "shot" of Cazadores. It looked more like a double shot when the bartender poured it. Total cost: $15 US. I'm guessing it would have been quite a bit more at Senior Frog's or other similar "tourist bars".

image.png.f3b9ab5ecbf968655cc130bcbf119cab.png

Chris in Hussong's Cantina.jpg

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

The last time we ported in Ensenada we walked to Hussong's Cantina. It's a small bar where the Margarita was purportedly invented. We had zero issues walking through town to the cantina. There weren't a lot of people there when we visited and most were locals. The exchange rate was clearly posted on the wall and the drinks were good. We each had 2 Margaritas (the Margaritas were very good) and then I asked for a "shot" of Cazadores. It looked more like a double shot when the bartender poured it. Total cost: $15 US. I'm guessing it would have been quite a bit more at Senior Frog's or other similar "tourist bars".

We’ll be there in a few weeks, love a good margarita! 

21 hours ago, memoak said:

Even better is to hire a local private wine tour guide. We have done this several times and gone to small local wineries meeting with the. Winemakers 

We did the same. It was an outstanding day! Wines are not bad.

8 hours ago, marden1970 said:

When visiting SF, my friend and I take the first ferry over to Sausalito.  We wander thru the shops and have lunch at Scomas and maybe an ice cream later.  Love the ferry ride, you can sit inside or out.

Scomas is one of the best restaurants in San Francisco. Highly recommend! Tadich Grill is pretty good as well!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

Senor Frogs and Papas and Beer are rip-offs. Papas and Beer short pours. Love Hussong's! Bartenders there are the best. We have been there enough that they remember us.

On 5/25/2023 at 6:47 PM, lion1956 said:

The big disappointment was Sausalito a lot of the shops we're not open and only open on certain days of the week. The taxi ride to Sausalito was $45 each way so a waste of $90

I always research where we are going and what we are planning ahead of time so no surprises.  Yes, I spend a lot of time at it, but it pays off.  Better luck next time.

• Like 4

On 5/25/2023 at 9:00 PM, Ombud said:

Yeah .... that did not have a good crust the times I had it. I'll have it night before boarding 

Don't you make your own? Once you know how to get the results you like, you'll never pay pizzaria prices again. Crispy crust is a thinner rollout and a bit extra olive oil, baked on a pre-heated sheet or stone. (To compensate for lower home oven temperatures.)

Edited by mtnesterz

On 5/25/2023 at 8:07 PM, TYCruise said:

I saw that too. Should be renamed the Rust Bucket Princess. 

Anyone know what the crane ship that was pulled up to the Emerald was for?

I was on this voyage and agree that the hull is pretty rusty. However, they were touching it up in Los Angeles, and were painting balconies and overhangs throughout the cruise. The interiors are in excellent shape. 

Edited by Dunk
Typo

21 minutes ago, Vacrus said:

Hi what would be the best way to do Muir Woods. I’ll be there this summer 

This was pre-Covid but when we were there Princess had a tour that went to Muir Woods and then made a stop in Sausalito before returning. We were able to be dropped off at Fishermans Wharf after the tour and walk around.