Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Well pistachio is on the menu here. I don’t know if all ships would have that one. The others you should be able to get at all alchemy bars.

I'm a sorta newbie drinker, I still order off the menu at Alchemy lol. They always look busy and I'm kinda shy so haven't tried asking for anything custom made.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah that little bell being blue means I’ll get alerts on that game. I have the mlb app alerts as well so I get double alerts on some of it. But mlb sends me the lineup card which I like.

I get those score notifications too... even if I don't have any internet package. But it's great of course being able to follow my Orioles when I'm out at sea.

Edited by CarnivalShips480
  • Like 3

I wanted to start my dinner table clock while I was in there so halfway through then show I pull out my phone it slips and falls to the ground. I pick it up and everyone is looking at me. I look around. “Who did that?” A baby starts crying. Perfect.

IMG_6644.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 20

6 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I wanted to start my dinner table clock while I was in there so halfway through then show I pull out my phone it slips and falls to the ground. I pick it up and everyone is looking at me. I look around. “Who did that?” A baby starts crying. Perfect.

You brought a baby to the bar?

• Haha 10

6 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Are they happening now? If they are I’m sure I’m always asleep during them because we’re still far off time wise. There are only two channels I’ve seen on in that bar. Sport 24 and sport 24 extra. All I have ever seen on them is tennis, rugby and soccer. Mostly tennis. The primary bartender down there seems to be a big tennis fan so I don’t know if that’s always on because it’s what he likes or because that’s all he has. He has a bit of an attitude and he’s not very friendly.

Game #2 of Stanley Cup - Vegas Golden Knights vs. Florida Panthers - 7pm EST tonight! (Monday, June 5)

• Like 3

On 6/4/2023 at 3:20 PM, Saint Greg said:

Next stop was a place that makes cheese and candy. The couple bought a block of cheese. I wasn’t in the market for cheese. The cheese is made with the hot spring Water we’re about to get to.

IMG_5966.jpeg

Cheese Bon Bons...I would be in heaven 🙂

• Like 3

Are Peroni & Moretti the only draft beers? 

And risking a hijack (or piracy in this case) accusation, what makes a good bartender in your opinion? I know what I think, but probably won't find one in only a week on ship.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

IMG_6644.jpeg

I've found a baby before! 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, AFS1970 said:

And risking a hijack (or piracy in this case) accusation, what makes a good bartender in your opinion? I know what I think, but probably won't find one in only a week on ship.

thirsty frog red for sure. I would say every bar I can think of has TFR and one of the Italians. And Frizzante has all of them.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, AFS1970 said:

I can give you examples of good vs. bad. What I described was good. The other bartender there half of the time isn’t behind the bar. He’s watching the tennis. And if I asked about something else he would probably just ignore me. Or be very short. 

At Rococo there is one bartender who isn’t paying attention. Goes off talking to the other bartenders. Then when the other bartender comes and helps me she’ll scream “ I forgot about you again!”

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Funny, I was talking about good vs bad bartenders with a friend who is a bartender. To me it is not just the customer service but product knowledge and attitude. I also like a bartender I can trust to make me an interesting drink, but that takes time (more than a week) to develop.

• Like 4