Price for a can of soda

NJEMT29

6 hours ago, NJEMT29 said:

Can anyone tell me what they charge you for a price of a can of  soda plus gratuity at the bars

Just looked at my latest account summary from Valor and they were $3.25.  That includes the 18% mandatory tip.

Edited by Lee Cruiser

4 hours ago, Kermarkim said:

You can still order a six pack of soda in advance of the cruise to have delivered to your room for only $10.

1 hour ago, latebloomer56 said:

I didn't see this on our booking?

1 hour ago, Itried4498 said:

Didn't they hike the price significantly?

Click on link for information below:

https://www.carnival.com/in-room-food-beverages?q=:featured:category:soda&sort=featured&page=0

20230530-135430.jpg

20230530-135412.jpg

• Like 1

Was just coming here to ask the same question!!  We don't drink enough liquor to warrant the alcohol package, but my wife likes to have soda with her dinner or maybe one during the day.  I can drink the tea and lemonade and be fine with it (yeah, I know it's not the best, but it's fine).  The bubbles package is $10pp/pd.  So based on the prices mentioned here, she'd have to want 3 sodas a day to make it worth it, and that includes shore days.I'll have to see if she thinks she'll drink that much.  We usually cruise NCL, and they forced everyone who's in the cabin to get the package if one person is getting it.  Is it the same with Carnival?

27 minutes ago, steveknj said:

Was just coming here to ask the same question!!  We don't drink enough liquor to warrant the alcohol package, but my wife likes to have soda with her dinner or maybe one during the day.  I can drink the tea and lemonade and be fine with it (yeah, I know it's not the best, but it's fine).  The bubbles package is $10pp/pd.  So based on the prices mentioned here, she'd have to want 3 sodas a day to make it worth it, and that includes shore days.I'll have to see if she thinks she'll drink that much.  We usually cruise NCL, and they forced everyone who's in the cabin to get the package if one person is getting it.  Is it the same with Carnival?

Us as well this is perfect because now we don't have to lug cans of soda. He likes the lemonade they use to have a fruit punch he also liked years ago. Me I do like a drink maybe a glass of wine package just not worth it for us. We don't do it on NCL either.

5 hours ago, serene56 said:

you can carry on a 12 pack of soda too 

Why dont more do this? One year we brought 6 12 packs (grocer was doing a deal with 6 for like $25). So we literally had sodas as often as we wanted for about 30 cents each. 

8 minutes ago, imapilotaz said:

Why dont more do this? One year we brought 6 12 packs (grocer was doing a deal with 6 for like $25). So we literally had sodas as often as we wanted for about 30 cents each. 

If you're not driving to the port, it may not be practical.  If you're flying into a port, it's going to require you to make a stop and that can be costly.  Also, if you carry it over a distance, a case of soda is bulky / heavy.  Again, not practical for some (elderly, handicap, etc.)

Just now, Itried4498 said:

If you're not driving to the port, it may not be practical.  If you're flying into a port, it's going to require you to make a stop and that can be costly.  Also, if you carry it over a distance, a case of soda is bulky / heavy.  Again, not practical for some (elderly, handicap, etc.)

I get it. We fly into the port. Typically rent a car and hit a grocery store for a bottle of wine per adult plus sodas. I just use the beach bag that we bring along for towels to transport the soda packs as carryon (sitting on top of rolling carryon). 

Assumption is we save $40+ per bottle of wine and $3 per soda. That more than pays for a 1 day car rental. Plus ability to do other stuff in port beforr cruise.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NJEMT29 said:

Can anyone tell me what they charge you for a price of a can of  soda plus gratuity at the bars

Sounds like depending on when you sail, it might be $5 a can by July 4th.

But Carnival needs to make money to catch back up from the shutdown, so it OK...

Its our duty as customers to overpay for some things, accept taking away other things and just like it.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, bguppies said:

Sounds like depending on when you sail, it might be $5 a can by July 4th.

But Carnival needs to make money to catch back up from the shutdown, so it OK...

Its our duty as customers to overpay for some things, accept taking away other things and just like it.

It's an easy cost to control -- you can purchase a 20 oz. bottle for $1-$2 at nearly every port in Mexico, the Caribbean & Central America.  

1 hour ago, Itried4498 said:

It's an easy cost to control -- you can purchase a 20 oz. bottle for $1-$2 at nearly every port in Mexico, the Caribbean & Central America.  

According to their policy, you can only bring cans onboard.  We've done this several times while in port.

While in port, a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12-ounces/354-ml each or less per person.

1 hour ago, imapilotaz said:

A few reasons for us:

One, it's not always practical when we are flying in.

Second, we don't like the same kinds of soft drinks, so it would involve buying different kinds.

Third, we don't drink enough to even bother with it.  We rarely drink sodas at home, but we will occasionally get sodas on the ship when we are having pizza in the evening because we prefer that over the other options available and Carnival's tea is horrible to us.

1 hour ago, Lee Cruiser said:

According to their policy, you can only bring cans onboard.  We've done this several times while in port.

While in port, a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12-ounces/354-ml each or less per person.

Fair point, but has anybody ever been denied brining on a few bottles of soda at a port?

13 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Yes, we've seen them confiscate bottles

At a port stop?  If you attempting to bring on a large quantity, they may attempt to store them for you until your disembarkation day, but if you have a modest quantity, they likely won't.  I've yet to encounter a single testimonial from somebody who has... I'm sure it DOES happen, but very rare. 

4 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Yes, we've seen them confiscate bottles

So have we. They didn’t take my bottle of Coke that I had forgotten that I’d shoved into my beach bag while doing some shopping. The people they did take it from were two ahead of us in the security scanner. 

17 hours ago, imapilotaz said:

I think many think it’s only to be used it the room but we take them for all meals including the MDr for dinner