Azamara included drinks?

lion1956

We are looking at a cruise on Azamara cruise line, they say on their website that drinks are included but they don't say what the daily limit is.  Is it 15 like Princess or 2,  can someone help me out.  Not interested in buying a drink pckg I would like to know what they provide for free.  Thank you

8 minutes ago, lion1956 said:

We are looking at a cruise on Azamara cruise line, they say on their website that drinks are included but they don't say what the daily limit is.  Is it 15 like Princess or 2,  can someone help me out.  Not interested in buying a drink pckg I would like to know what they provide for free.  Thank you

There is no limit, but please drink responsibly! 😉

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, lion1956 said:

There are now 4 reds and 4 white wines available, 1 Rose and 1 Sparkling. The beers sometimes change.

IMG_9076.jpeg

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, lion1956 said:

I will drink responsibly, we just got off Princess and had a 15 drinks a day limit and we never came close, how sure are you of the "no limit"

They don't identify you unless you're selecting something that's not included, so no counting happens.

55 minutes ago, lion1956 said:

I will drink responsibly, we just got off Princess and had a 15 drinks a day limit and we never came close, how sure are you of the "no limit"

There’s no limit but it’s left to the servers discretion if they think someone has over indulged, only ever seen it happen once as normally Azamara cruisers are very responsible. On the one occasion it was the Monaco Grand Prix cruise and a small party of race fans, all non cruisers, found it cheaper to take the cruise than book a hotel in Monaco. They had no interest in the rest of the cruise so just spent the days drinking, it was of course dealt with by the management and there were no further issues.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, norn iron said:

Carlsberg has replaced Newcastle Brown (thankfully)

Newcastle Brown was one of the most bizarre drink selection decisions made by Azamara - didn’t really fit the clientele 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, uktog said:

Newcastle Brown was one of the most bizarre drink selection decisions made by Azamara - didn’t really fit the clientele 

Totally agree.

It’s owned by Heineken as is Royal Club.

From my limited experience (Ulster Rugby) they throw money at distribution to buy market share.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, norn iron said:

Totally agree.

It’s owned by Heineken as is Royal Club.

From my limited experience (Ulster Rugby) they throw money at distribution to buy market share.

That explains a lot, really. Especially the persistence of the unloved Royal Club mixers.

17 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

That explains a lot, really. Especially the persistence of the unloved Royal Club mixers.

I would nearly guess Royal Club is supplied FOC to ensure distribution of all the brands Heineken produce.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I have not cruised with Azamara since early 2019. I have been surprised  while viewing their updated website at the lack of promotion of the inclusion of selected spirits and wine. Unless I am missing something, I had to go all the way to the FAQ to even find this mentioned. In the "Why Azamara" section included basic liquor is not even mentioned. I wonder if there is  a possibility that this inclusion may be eliminated. I'm glad I found this thread as verification that this does indeed still exist for Azamara at this time.

35 minutes ago, seatrial said:

Hi. I have not cruised with Azamara since early 2019. I have been surprised  while viewing their updated website at the lack of promotion of the inclusion of selected spirits and wine. Unless I am missing something, I had to go all the way to the FAQ to even find this mentioned. In the "Why Azamara" section included basic liquor is not even mentioned. I wonder if there is  a possibility that this inclusion may be eliminated. I'm glad I found this thread as verification that this does indeed still exist for Azamara at this time.

My guess is with the problems associated with the website, promotion of drink packages/selection would be way down the list of priorities.

• Like 1