Single Supplement

trbarton

1 minute ago, Coral said:

Each cruise is different.

I heard that there is a new policy apparently removing the single supplement on all Princess cruises, thus my question. I was wondering if anyone had heard about this apparently new policy. 

Tom🤔

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, trbarton said:

I heard that there is a new policy apparently removing the single supplement on all Princess cruises, thus my question. I was wondering if anyone had heard about this apparently new policy. 

Tom🤔

Nope - haven't heard it. A friend tried to book a cruise in December and they were not allowing any singles to book that specific cruise. Capacity was reached. He couldn't book it at 200%.

Edited by Coral

15 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Tom🤔

Wow. I wish. But find it hard to believe. 

43 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Tom🤔

Who is your source? Seems fishy as last week, a friend couldn't book a cruise as a solo even at 200%.

I did a search and Princess has some solo friendly sailings between now and mid- 2024 between 100 - 175%. Best thing to do is contact your TA and ask about them. It definitely is not every ship and every sailing.

Edited by Coral

Just now, Coral said:

I did a search and Princess has some solo friendly sailings between now and mid- 2024 between 110 - 175%. Best thing to do is contact your TA and ask about them. It definitely is not every ship and every sailing.

I will bet my bottom dollar they won't be on cruises that start on the West Coast.  

• Like 1

I couldn't see it happening. Not everyone who books a double is a loved up couple. Many doubles are friends and other relatives and everyone would want their own room if there was no single supplement.

48 minutes ago, Yaya_in_Oz said:

I couldn't see it happening. Not everyone who books a double is a loved up couple. Many doubles are friends and other relatives and everyone would want their own room if there was no single supplement.

I would even "relinquish" my double (2x) cruise credit for sailing solo without a single supplement.

4 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I would even "relinquish" my double (2x) cruise credit for sailing solo without a single supplement.

You need to keep looking.  I have the beloved window suite booked on two Alaska cruises.  One at 110%, the other at 100 .  I'm sure you would be pleased.

• Like 2

Just now, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

You need to keep looking.  I have the beloved window suite booked on two Alaska cruises.  One at 110%, the other at 100 .  I'm sure you would be pleased.

Thank you for thinking of me.  Yes, I would love it.  But not interested in flying up to Alaska this year.  

2 hours ago, Yaya_in_Oz said:

Even some of us that are happily married would do it…especially as we both own shares. Wouldn’t it be great to have two bathrooms, too! 

• Like 2

I use VTG (if that won't be deleted) to sort by  "single supplement". Now that Princess has moved most of the fleet out of Los Angeles you aren't going to see the low single supplements for  the Mexican Riviera this fall. NCL is a lot more single-friendly.

There were a few low single supplement  Alaska cruises in early season, though. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Yaya_in_Oz said:

In the 'old' days, on some cruise lines ... like carnival ... they had a program where they would match you up with another single.

We went on a cruise on carnival, with a couple couples, and one single guy.

He was in the match program, but at the last minute, they didn't pair him with anyone.

(which, after knowing him, I completely get)

And, it was really the last minute.   They were waiting to pair him up, and they didn't give him a cabin until we were at sea.

15 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I will bet my bottom dollar they won't be on cruises that start on the West Coast.  

I think you would lose your money...

I just booked (yesterday) a mini-suite aft on the Majestic Princess, cruising solo, this coming October...for a little over $5700 embarking from Los Angeles and going to Sydney.

I had booked the April cruise next year, Sydney to San Francisco cruising solo...a balcony...for $9700.

Both of these bookings include Princess insurance and both are Princess Plus.

Guess which one I'm keeping!!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

You just have to look.  I have two Alaska sailings solo at 100 and 110%.  Others I have looked at are 200% or more.  Capacity!

I am  seeing many Alaska cruises with low solo supplement, but not the RT Seattle.  Not much else. Overcapacity?

10 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

I am  seeing many Alaska cruises with low solo supplement, but not the RT Seattle.  Not much else. Overcapacity?

Probably.  Originally I had booked r/t Seattle so I wouldn't have to travel, but was able to switch to the Whittier/Vancouver and r/t Vancouver sailings for much less, even when adding in flights.  And the itineraries are better too, imho.