Bringing a fan on cruises

The fan fan club  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you bring an electric or battery operated fan with you on your cruises?

• Yes, always or almost always
    • Sometimes
    • Rarely
    • No, never

This is another question that was inspired by a post on another board.  I'm curious about the size of the fan club for fans on cruises.  Do you bring one when you're cruising?  Don't count the paper/wood handheld ones, only the ones that run off batteries or AC current.  Thanks in advance for the replies!

P.S.  I'm in the "no" department

5 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

This is another question that was inspired by a post on another board.  I'm curious about the size of the fan club for fans on cruises.  Do you bring one when you're cruising?  Don't count the paper/wood handheld ones, only the ones that run off batteries or AC current.  Thanks in advance for the replies!

I'd bring one that plugs in, but don't have the space to pack it, and I assume that the cruise ship wouldn't like it.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I bought a hand held one that works on batteries in 1964 .I bring it on every cruise in the case that it came in and it suffices its need.

I'm impressed that you have something that was made in 1964 that runs on batteries and still works.  I guess it's true that they made them better back in the good old days.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I'm impressed that you have something that was made in 1964 that runs on batteries and still works.  I guess it's true that they made them better back in the good old days.

I still have many things that I bought in 1964 that still function  including Binoculars and an electric shaver.

• Like 1

I am always hot, and anticipate being grumpy hot in my stateroom if I don't have a fan! I purchased this fan from Amazon and have been using it around the house. It's small but mighty and the charge lasts a decent amount of time. Worth sacrificing some suitcase space!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BMQ5D66N?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

• Thanks 1

I always bring a wooden-handled fan (manual), but it's something I carry during the summer at home as well. 

Last cruise, I thought about bringing a small USB powered fan (work-branded), but couldn't fit it into my suitcase, so left it behind. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/5/2023 at 7:44 PM, back to the islands said:

I get hot so I take this and it works very well for such a tiny fan. It has a USB plug.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PZBVLC7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have this fan, I use it at work either on the desk in my office or on my med cart (I am a nurse in a nursing home and OMG it can get hot. (the residents are always cold, LOL

On 6/6/2023 at 7:30 AM, wrightkj said:

I am always hot, and anticipate being grumpy hot in my stateroom if I don't have a fan! I purchased this fan from Amazon and have been using it around the house. It's small but mighty and the charge lasts a decent amount of time. Worth sacrificing some suitcase space!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BMQ5D66N?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Another Nurse I work with has this one, they both work good

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/5/2023 at 6:26 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

We have a small camping fan that folds flat (to about the size of a book).  It runs on batteries, and it's great for keeping air moving in an inside room. 

On 6/7/2023 at 1:36 PM, Ferry_Watcher said:

A fan that sailed to Alaska in 2022.

PXL_20220823_171357559 (1).jpg

I'm guessing menopause.

• Thanks 1