Chocolate Cowboy on NCL Joy

LrgPizza

Since many, like myself, are fans of Clarense Bennett Sauceda, aka The Chocolate Cowboy, I thought I'd share. He boarded the NCJ Joy on 5/28, and will be in the Sugarcane Bar for 6 short weeks before disembarking to go open the Viva.  He said he is working just 3 more years, then retiring to Honduras.

For those who are lucky enough to sail with him, like me, congratulations.  He truly is an NCL legend.

• Like 11

20 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

Since many, like myself, are fans of Clarense Bennett Sauceda, aka The Chocolate Cowboy, I thought I'd share. He boarded the NCJ Joy on 5/28, and will be in the Sugarcane Bar for 6 short weeks before disembarking to go open the Viva.  He said he is working just 3 more years, then retiring to Honduras.

For those who are lucky enough to sail with him, like me, congratulations.  He truly is an NCL legend.

Thanks for posting this. I was just thinking about him the other day and was hoping he would be on my Encore cruise next month. I was lucky enough to sail with him twice before. 

Such a nice and funny man.

• 2 weeks later...

We love the Cowboy. We have two Viva cruises booked already. We can’t wait to see him.  Did you see Nestor on that trip? Did he say if he was going to go to the Viva too or is he staying on the joy? What about Christian? Is he still in the sugarcane bar too?

Edited by curlstravel

On 6/5/2023 at 12:01 PM, LrgPizza said:

We always enjoy him. He was on both of our Prima cruises. 

9 hours ago, psuboater said:

On the Joy here currently and I've seen the Chocolate Cowboy with his hat at sugarcane walking by. Thinking of stopping in- what makes him so beloved?

He has a warm outgoing personality and treats everyone like his friend.  He makes great drinks too!!!

9 hours ago, psuboater said:

On the Joy here currently and I've seen the Chocolate Cowboy 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

He was on both of our Prima cruises. 

Dude has powers we cannot even begin to understand.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, curlstravel said:

He has a warm outgoing personality and treats everyone like his friend.  He makes great drinks too!!!

Nestor is also on the Joy. He is one of our favorites too. Ask him if he is staying on the  Joy or going to the Viva too?

On 6/14/2023 at 1:01 PM, psuboater said:

On the Joy here currently and I've seen the Chocolate Cowboy with his hat at sugarcane walking by. Thinking of stopping in- what makes him so beloved?

How would you feel about doing me a small favor? Could you ask Cowboy when his last day on board is?... I have a friend sailing in a few weeks, and I would love to be able to tell her whether or not he'll still be there... Thanks:)

Chocolate Cowboy was on the Prima cruise I went on last November. I always stopped by the Metropolitan bar regularly just to have a few drinks while he was working. He definitely provides a fun environment when he's working. I'm planning a Viva cruise maybe next year, so I'm hoping I'll see him again.

The Chocolate Cowboy was in the Belvedere Bar on our Prima cruise. He invited us behind the bar to take his picture with him. He told us he would be on the Viva in the near future but didn't mention the Joy. That might have been a recent development.

• 2 months later...
On 6/5/2023 at 12:01 PM, LrgPizza said:

We have booked your last 3 cruises on ships that we know he would be on. Lol that's how we book your vacation. He is a great person and definitely will be missed when he retires 

He was definitely on the joy. I saw many videos of him dancing around in the Mojito bar.  We were on the prima last year, so we booked the Viva for January because we knew he was going to be on the Viva. We are also going on the joy in November to see Nestor our other favorite bartender. Nestor and Clarence were together in the mojito bar  for several weeks and they had a blast. I would have loved to of been on one of those cruises. They are our two favorite bartenders on all of the NCL ships.

• 2 weeks later...

Sailed again on the Prima TA last year, knew that the CC as well as Lovely would be there.  They were, and we took them little goodie bags!  They remembered us from past sailings, including Encore.  So here is cute picture as he was always willing to share that smile and hat!!

Chocolate Cowboy.jpg

• Like 1