Cabin door decoration ideas!!

Hello! Leaving on the Celebration next Saturday for my moms 60th birthday cruise. The whole family (14 of us) are going. Any clever or interactive ideas for how we could decorate her cabin door? We thought of decorating the door and then making it a Photo Booth for people walking by to take pics and then tag her in them - would people actually take pics? Any other ideas? Or interactive ideas with post it notes? She loves meeting and talking to new people! Thanks! 

• A personalized banner is always nice.  Our children had one made for a recent 50th  anniversary cruise.  We received numerous compliments and Happy Anniversary greetings from people that saw the banner.

image.thumb.jpeg.2c67355db3f6e48d222a06b2b2c66019.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WeBeCruisinMon said:

Hello! Leaving on the Celebration next Saturday for my moms 60th birthday cruise. The whole family (14 of us) are going. Any clever or interactive ideas for how we could decorate her cabin door? We thought of decorating the door and then making it a Photo Booth for people walking by to take pics and then tag her in them - would people actually take pics? Any other ideas? Or interactive ideas with post it notes? She loves meeting and talking to new people! Thanks! 

Maybe create a hashtag and encourage people to post selfies with birthday wishes and include the hashtag so you can pull them up? You could put a fun poster on her door with the details. 

• Like 1

We just cruised on the Liberty a few weeks ago and had a dry erase board on our door...  every morning I'd update the board with a new question for folks.  

Usually by the end of the night, the board was full with all sorts of silliness.  It was awesome! 

We also had extra strong hooks that we stuck to the doorframe and hung keychains on them for folks to grab (amazingly, they disappeared slowly...  we didn't have anyone just grab them all !!)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Thad409 said:

Im just curious are the doors on CCL line magnetic or do you need to use tape

They are metal, so you can use magnets. Have found you need them to be fairly strong. Tape is a no-no. They do allow Command strips and hooks. All material is suppose to be fire retardant, but I see many decorations that are not😔

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2023 at 10:07 PM, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

They are metal, so you can use magnets. Have found you need them to be fairly strong. Tape is a no-no. They do allow Command strips and hooks. All material is suppose to be fire retardant, but I see many decorations that are not😔

agree on strong magnets- I found itty. bitty cube ones that work great. Not wanting them to “disappear” I tape over them with blue painters tape and on corners. No residue at all. Strong magnetic hooks also come in handy for walls inside to hang a purse,jacket, fun times etc. Usually find some decor at Dollar tree. I did see a dry erase board once and it got quite graphic type drawings on it 🫢

• Like 1