Huge Price Drop For Beverage Package Today

6 hours ago, latebuyer said:

Just curious how much buying a soda costs on ship? I think i’d only want it a few times.

You got your answer above, but don't forget to add 18% gratuity ... add 18% for a single can of soda, add 18% for a package, add 18% for any purchase.  That really adds up.  

If you think you'll want just a couple sodas, consider bringing a couple in your carry-on.  That's perfectly allowable.  

6 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

image.png.c74c40fb3697298e0d2a52418469db78.png

image.png.df8d11a71a3fcf3004e29069d1a38ebf.png

Yep, ours is the same ... maybe we're on the same cruise?  Hasn't moved a single penny since we booked.  

On 6/9/2023 at 6:43 AM, smokeybandit said:

The cruise planner deals for the Asian market are not going to mirror the US market since they serve very different tastes.

I was wondering about that, because I thought to myself, Dang, the beverage package for our Eastern Caribbean sailing next spring is currently $71/pp/pd; which is pretty steep IMHO.

On 6/9/2023 at 2:00 PM, kirlie said:

Ours dropped from $75.99 to $70.99 for our cruise next year.  I'm still not ready to purchase at that price.  But, it's something at least.

That's what it is for our sailing next spring, but since DW is a teetotaler; it's really $142 for just me. That is if my public school math skills are correct. That's too steep in my book 😕

4 hours ago, ShazM said:

For our transpacific next April it is on sale at the moment for $118 AUD, so roughly $80 USD per person per day.

Do your prices include the 18% gratuity? Our quoted prices then incur an 18% service charge at check out. If your includes it, that a good price. 

I was able to grab the package for about $80 pp/pd (grants included) this weekend for our September Ovation sailing. It’s only about $30 more for the week than I paid for our Symphony sailing this past February. I felt like I got a fair deal in Feb and, given price increases on absolutely everything lately, I’m fine with this price for Sept as well. 

12 hours ago, KroozNut said:

That's what it is for our sailing next spring, but since DW is a teetotaler; it's really $142 for just me. That is if my public school math skills are correct. That's too steep in my book 😕

Your wife can purchase the refreshment package (must be done over the phone) if you tell them she doesn't drink. Still pricey but if she drinks soda, mocktails, specialty coffee, bottled water, perhaps it would be worth it for you.

• Thanks 1

On 6/13/2023 at 11:40 PM, MommaBear55 said:

Do your prices include the 18% gratuity? Our quoted prices then incur an 18% service charge at check out. If your includes it, that a good price. 

Yes, everything we buy here including the cruise itself has gratuities already added into the price

• Like 1

Does anyone have a recent list of prices at the bar? I’ve never cruised RCI, but the price drop for our upcoming cruise is $94. down to $70. How many glasses of wine is that? How many margaritas? Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, techteach said:

Does anyone have a recent list of prices at the bar? I’ve never cruised RCI, but the price drop for our upcoming cruise is $94. down to $70. How many glasses of wine is that? How many margaritas? Thanks in advance.

Wine and margaritas are around $12-$14 (pre-18% service charge). So about 5 drinks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, techteach said:

The drink pkg is drinks up to $14. A lot of wine is over that per glass. You can pay the difference. Sometimes a bigger tip works. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Wine and margaritas are around $12-$14 (pre-18% service charge). So about 5 drinks.

I'm also new to RCI, and am still trying to learn the various nuances of their DBP. When you mention 'pre-18% service charge', and if we have the DBP, that 18% service charge is factored in with the price of the drink, do I have that right?
Because, I recall that I paid the 18% service charge at checkout when I purchased the package.

@KroozNut I just purchased the package and yes the 18% was included in the bill. Now, I don’t remember if it was part of $69. per day, or if added at the end. I really wasn’t paying that much attention because I was shocked to see the total over $550. 🙂

2 minutes ago, techteach said:

@KroozNut I just purchased the package and yes the 18% was included in the bill. Now, I don’t remember if it was part of $69. per day, or if added at the end. I really wasn’t paying that much attention because I was shocked to see the total over $550. 🙂

Thanks, and I have to agree, I also had a bit of sticker shock when I saw the grand total at checkout! 😬 If I recall, I believe the 18% is added at the end, and not part of the advertised price up front.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Thanks, and I have to agree, I also had a bit of sticker shock when I saw the grand total at checkout! 😬 If I recall, I believe the 18% is added at the end, and not part of the advertised price up front.

There was a time when it wasnt added on. I think early last year they started to add the 18% on.

It's still not 100% consistent. For instance I bought izumi hibachi lunch and it did not add on 18%. I bought another dining and it added then18% on. .. izumi hibachi seems to be a glitch not adding it on I guess. Their IT is known for glitches. 

• Thanks 1