Notes from Queen Mary 2 to the Med (& back)

Host Hattie

Back to yesterday-

We've been to Cadiz twice before including last September so I booked the excursion to Jerez. I wasn't particularly bothered about the sherry but I really wanted to see the horse show. We had good seats and the show was lovely. I even enjoyed the sherry tasting!

We got back to the ship about 4 and sailed away from our final port at about 6.

We had neighbours for dinner and enjoyed the company.

We finished the evening after Mick Miller in the theatre, The 4Ds were singing in the Queens Room but the 11.15 start was too late for us.

• Like 5

The 4-Ds were not singing the kind of music that suited us, so with no ballroom dancing after 9pm we had a quiet cocktail in the Commodore Club with Steve playing the piano. But at least it is Roaring Twenties Gala this evening to look forward to.

Edited by ballroom-cruisers
add sentence
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, techteach said:

@ballroom-cruisers I need pictures of what women are wearing for Roaring Twenties. I don’t know what I’ll do if it shows up as a theme on our 19 day cruise.

A flapper headpiece and a long strand of pearls [real, naturally!!😁] will do fine.  Amazon UK do both for £5.99! 🙂

• Like 1

Hattie - in your absence, Wales appears to have moved… I took this photo from the voyage information on QV. It’s  not just Wales either, Italy and the Hebrides have shifted too! 

IMG_3295.jpeg

• Haha 5

Where folk actually wear a dress intended for the theme, they are generally like some of the below knee versions shown on this website:

https://zapaka.com/collections/1920s-dresses

Nora's had some beading but hadn't been intended for that. It came from https://chescadirect.co.uk/ sale.

We did buy something else from Zapaka a few years ago and I think delivery took quite a few weeks from the far east.

We have a couple from SHEIN. Since they're not really gowns she can get plenty of use from them here.

• Like 1

Lots of variation in what people were wearing with quite a few wearing feather headbands and similar, some with tassel dresses, but plenty with normal lovely evening dresses. Men almost all in various suits, some white, some black, some tuxedos. But a lovely atmosphere all evening including in the Carinthia Lounge late evening and in the Conmmodore Club towards midnight

• Like 3

After the excitement of the search Mr HH went to play in the Blackjack tournament  (unsuccessfully). We had lunch in the Carinthia lounge again, enjoyed the pianist and escaped before the quiz started.

We tried the Commodore Club again at about 7.15 and failed again ! We had more success in the Chart Room where the folk musicians were playing. 

We had a full set of neighbours and enjoyed a sociable dinner. The only problem, no lobster ! The prawns in the surf and turf were pretty good but I was disappointed that lobster hadn't appeared on the menu for a 14 night cruise. 

We are so predictable that our Sommelier already had a new bottle of white wine for us ! The last few nights we've had wine poured before water.

We went to see "Broadway Rocks" and then called it a night.

• Like 5

Stephen Payne was on my TA in May.  His lectures were great especially the one on the QM2 and is part in designing the ship.  Don't miss any of his lectures.  Enjoy the rest of your sailing.  Am enjoying your pictures.  They are making me want to get back on a ship real soon.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Where are the tables and what happened to Mr. (Why isn’t he a Lord?) Payne?

I don't think there have ever been tables on Deck 3, he's on today, those were yesterday's programmes.