Equinox vs Silhouette

md80fan

To see what shows are currently on the ship.   Use the app and select a current sailing.   Under Daily Planner they will list the shows with a short description by day.

Another good tool is crusedeckplan.     On the very bottom Right of the deckplan there are two tools.   

Obstructed View -  which sends you to

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Obstructed_Views/02_15_23_FLY_Obstructed_Cabins_SI.pdf 

image.thumb.png.ae5aa29759464ab005254496cae2824c.png

Cabin Check Tool -  Shows what is above and below any room selected

image.png.1e0fb3b2b8dd0eae401fd1d9293076ff.png

21 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Unless you're in love with the idea of the ship having glass blowing or a two deck Retreat, you really make a bad choice with ships so I'd strongly factor in the cost and itineraries.

I think you're missing a very important word here...😀

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2023 at 2:55 PM, Cruisegirl6 said:

How are the mattresses/beds on the Equinox?  I have herniated discs in my lower back and plates and screws in my cervical spine.

Our bed on the Equinox last week was in sad shape. Very hard with large people-shaped depressions on either side. That said, we both slept deeply as this was our first real vacation in a long time!! (Deck 10 aft cabin 1409)

On 6/11/2023 at 4:09 PM, phoenix_dream said:

That is not completely true.  Equinox was indeed upgraded partially.  The full revolutionizing could not be completed due to some kind of issue in the port area which specifics I don't recall.  

I sailed Equinox on a back to back this January.  Full disclosure - I was in a sky suite.  I thought the ship was in great shape.  She is, in fact, my favorite of all the Celebrity ships (I confess some of this is due to knowing several crew members from multiple sailings over the years).  Silhouette does have additional restaurants and their Retreat deck has the bar and hot tub as you mention, whereas Equinox does not (I personally don't care but some might).  

I do not consider bedspread, carpet and drapes as being Upgraded.  Only concierge and up even got those.  Been on Equinox 6 times since restart.  No complaints just pointing out what the extras were on the upgraded Silhouette.  Lounges, balcony furniture, etc.

The only areas on Equinox revolutionized were the concierge class and up staterooms and suite areas. 

No upgrades or refreshing to any public areas outside of that. Not impressed. Silhouette was fully revolutionized and beautiful.