Ovation cancels Eden - March 2024

Just got an email from Royal that my 3 day cruise to Eden in late March 2024 is now 3 days at sea due to berthing conflicts at Eden.

Ā 

Full refund of monies paid available if anyone decides to cancel which I will be. Ā 

Might book a cruise out of Brissie on Quantum instead.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Just got an email from Royal that my 3 day cruise to Eden in late March 2024 is now 3 days at sea due to berthing conflicts at Eden.

Ā 

Full refund of monies paid available if anyone decides to cancel which I will be. Ā 

Might book a cruise out of Brissie on Quantum instead.

I wonder what the conflict is ,itā€™s still booked.

Ā 

Ā 

IMG_0362.thumb.png.ad2836c6ae09724a6f93c6690be3c6d0.png

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

We docked in December in Eden on the Westerdam and it was great getting on and off the ship.

Ā 

In March on the Majestic there was tendering and while it was OK getting off the ship I waited in line for 40 minutes to get back on the tenders from about 11:45am.

We were told to try to avoid 2pm-3:30pm, I did but maybe a lot of other people did as well.

I was going back to the ship for lunch as the small town was extremely busy at the food and drink outlets with such a large ship in town.

I loved the port of Eden but would prefer a smaller ship and docking to go there.

19 minutes ago, sewgood said:

We docked in December in Eden on the Westerdam and it was great getting on and off the ship.

Ā 

In March on the Majestic there was tendering and while it was OK getting off the ship I waited in line for 40 minutes to get back on the tenders from about 11:45am.

We were told to try to avoid 2pm-3:30pm, I did but maybe a lot of other people did as well.

I was going back to the ship for lunch as the small town was extremely busy at the food and drink outlets with such a large ship in town.

I loved the port of Eden but would prefer a smaller ship and docking to go there.

Great day for us while docked on Coral Princess last October. We are there in November on Majestic, and I was hoping that the work would have been completed. It looks like that is a no.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

I suspect he conflict is that Royal wants Ovation to dock and Eden wants them to tender. In other words, telling NSW ports to raise their game or we aint calling there.

Surely it would have to be finish by then ,unless itā€™s being canned like a lot of other things around the state.

Are there any rhinoceros beetles down around there?

Maybe a medical evacuation?

Edited by Chiliburn

Iā€™ve just looked on the port schedule and canā€™t see anything for Eden whatsoever, am I missing something.Ā 
Ā 

it also seems to show Celebrity edge now coming into Sydney a day early and anchoring at Atholl Bay the day before we embark when she is supposed to be in Eden

2 minutes ago, Suzcruz75 said:

Iā€™ve just looked on the port schedule and canā€™t see anything for Eden whatsoever, am I missing something.Ā 
Ā 

it also seems to show Celebrity edge now coming into Sydney a day early and anchoring at Atholl Bay the day before we embark when she is supposed to be in Eden

https://www.portauthoritynsw.com.au/port-of-eden/port-services-facilities/eden-cruise-schedule/

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

No ships at Eden from April to end of October 24.

That would be normal, I would expect as it is the end of the summer cruise season. Ships wouldn't call into Eden during winter/early spring because of the weather and sea conditions.

Edited by possum52

1 minute ago, possum52 said:

That would be normal, I would expect as it is the end of the summer cruise season. Ships wouldn't call into Eden during winter/early spring because of the weather and sea conditions.

Renovation for Councils seems a big expense for 6 months' use.

4 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Renovation for Councils seems a big expense for 6 months' use.

That is the same for all ports south of Sydney. It is a NSW state government project - from this linkĀ  -Ā Port of Eden

'The Port of Eden is an active working port which supports a variety of recreational, commercial, and port vessel operations on the New South Wales far south coast. On occasion, the port is exposed to significant wind and wave conditions which can affect maritime safety in the port and increase the risk of damage to vessels moored in Snug Cove. The aim of the Eden Safe Harbour Project is to provide a safer harbour for local and visiting vessels and improve the protection of existing maritime infrastructure within Snug Cove, Eden. Providing a safer harbour will enhance Edenā€™s reputation as a boating destination which is anticipated to stimulate local investment in the maritime and tourism sectors.'

• Like 1

We are scheduled to stop at Eden on Brilliance of the Seas 23rd Oct 23, no notification yet.

No problem either way, neither is Newcastle, just looking forward to the two days in Hobart......and to cruise on the Radiance class smaller ship.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

We are scheduled to stop at Eden on Brilliance of the Seas 23rd Oct 23, no notification yet.

No problem either way, neither is Newcastle, just looking forward to the two days in Hobart......and to cruise on the Radiance class smaller ship.

Brilliance should be small enough to dock in Eden without issue.

Newcastle?Ā šŸ˜ŖĀ šŸ˜‰. My shout for coffee or a drink if you decide to get off the ship.

Ā 

We were booked on the March one mentioned for Celebrity Edge which originally had a day anchored in Port Arthur. When it changed to a day tendering in Eden, we pulled the pin.

Geoff, Will let you know butĀ  will probably get off, don't think we have had Newy as a port stop before, just embarkation. Weird itinerary though, sail back from Hobart past Sydney to Newcastle, then back down to Sydney, just filling in time.

Edited by cheznandy

14 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Geoff, Will let you know butĀ  will probably get off, don't think we have had Newy as a port stop before, just embarkation. Weird itinerary though, sail back from Hobart past Sydney to Newcastle, then back down to Sydney, just filling in time.

Yes, just a day offset to align them to Sydney on an available day. We have done Newy a few times now, and I enjoy playing tourist for the day.

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

A cruiser who is booked on Ovation for 3 days to Eden in November this year, has also received the same email port cancellation from Royal.

Yes our 10 November 3 day cruise has had Eden cancelled.Ā 

• Thanks 1

We were supposed to stop at Eden on the Quantum from Brisbane late February and Ā they changed the itinerary to sail to Airlie beach doing a 5 nighter with an overnight stay at Airlie

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beatleman said:

Chili could you send BIG GAV to fix up Eden or is he to busy getting LaLeepa ready for Oasis class ships?šŸ˜šŸ™ƒ

Big Gav is fighting a losing battle till you can control your rhino beetles