Does norwegian have real sales and deposit question

latebuyer

Just wondering if Norwegian has real sales or if its like Royal Caribbean and has the same sales over and over again. I'm wondering if its worth waiting until july 4th and seeing what they have, i could maybe wait until black friday even as the cruise isn't until 2025 although as i'm looking at a solo cabin its good to not wait too long.

Also how do deposits work? Is it like Royal Caribbean that you have non refundable and refundable deposits?

Real sales are rare...prices fluctuate but the % off usually remains the same.  It's now 35% off the "real" price, regardless of how they list it.  Other parts might change, mostly affecting additional guests.

Assuming you are in the US, all deposits are fully refundable until the final payment due date (120 days prior to your cruise date).

You can book now and keep an eye out for price drops.  If the price is lower at anytime before that final payment date you can call NCL and they will adjust your price. But that does alter your reservation so you get whatever offers are current, for better or worse.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Just wondering if Norwegian has real sales or if its like Royal Caribbean and has the same sales over and over again. I'm wondering if its worth waiting until july 4th and seeing what they have, i could maybe wait until black friday even as the cruise isn't until 2025 although as i'm looking at a solo cabin its good to not wait too long.

Also how do deposits work? Is it like Royal Caribbean that you have non refundable and refundable deposits?

Norwegian, like RC and others, has ongoing sales with changing "X% OFF" deals.  It is possible that there might be a better offer over 4th of July (or not)!

As for refunds, IF you are more than 120 in advance (read that as 121, to be safe!), then you may cancel with no penalties.

One offer that might be of interest is their current "Cruise First" offer.  But, be sure to read the T&Cs carefully to verify if it would meet your needs!!!

• Like 1

you will note, regardless of the alleged "sales" ncl arithmetic is entirely different than any one else's.

the names change, but in effect the prices stay more or less the same. i monitor them almost daily, and we're booked for 21 day sailing next march, and b2b sailings in oct 2024. the prices never change.

my best recommendation would be if you find a sailing you like, and are comfortable with the cabin prices, book now! you can always cancel and rebook if the prices go down I(highly unlikely, however) up to 120 days prior to sailing date

• Haha 1

If you consider lowest price to be a sale, then you generally have to book last minute within a couple of months before sailing. See current pricing for 7 day Alaska cruises, $279. April 15 day transatlantic sailings were $499. These are minimum rate interior guaranteed and are rarely if ever advertised. Prices increase from there. NCL wants you to believe their % off emails and flyers are sales, BOGO free this week, 50% off guest 1 and 2 next week. Many educated consumers quickly recognize these are different ways of marketing the same fare.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Thanks it says 

• Singles paying 200% of voyage fare qualify.

I can clarify on solo board if solos in studio even get free at sea

I believe this applies primarily to the airfare portion.  No, they won't charge you 2x in a Studio in order to get the FAS perks, and I'm currently pricing a cruise in a standard inside cabin that is not forcing 2x pricing to get the FAS perks (nor for the BOGO airfare, actually, so I'm not really sure WHERE that comes into play).

As for the Studio and needing to book early - on the new ship, maybe, but there are so many Studio cabins on the newer NCL ships (how many do the Prima and Viva have?  BA+ have 86 on each ship) that booking early isn't as imperative as it is with Royal where there are fewer than 30 (Anthem has 16 inside and 6 Studio Balcony).

Thanks. There are 73 studio cabins which is quite a lot. However my concern with studio is that norwegian decides to changethe  price on it, since now its priced cheaper than the insides right now.

So it looks like with free at sea that beverage package is best value, although you have to pay gratuity. Then perhaps internet.

56 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Thanks, the free at sea seems a pretty good deal. Is there a catch? I thought i saw there was a special on airfare before.

You still have to pay gratuities on the drink package and the free wifi doesn't work that well, so you have to upgrade that.  The airfare is sometimes a good deal, but you have to take what they book for you.  For us we did the airfare from US to Tahiti and back from Hawaii on a tahiti to hawaii cruise for basically $999 for two of us which is a steal in anybody's book.  We did not have any problems, but others get redeyes or problems with seat selections or long layovers or last minute arrivals before embarkation, so you just have to be careful.  On shorter routes, you can probably do better with more selection yourself.

30 minutes ago, hallux said:

I believe this applies primarily to the airfare portion.  No, they won't charge you 2x in a Studio in order to get the FAS perks, and I'm currently pricing a cruise in a standard inside cabin that is not forcing 2x pricing to get the FAS perks (nor for the BOGO airfare, actually, so I'm not really sure WHERE that comes into play).

As for the Studio and needing to book early - on the new ship, maybe, but there are so many Studio cabins on the newer NCL ships (how many do the Prima and Viva have?  BA+ have 86 on each ship) that booking early isn't as imperative as it is with Royal where there are fewer than 30 (Anthem has 16 inside and 6 Studio Balcony).

Its interesting what you say about airfare as it says in fine print for free at sea solos get 50% off which would be a good deal as i would be flying to san juan.

Thanks for your feedback jbcallendar. I’mwondering would you havea choice to arrive early? That hawaii tahiti trip was actually the other one i was looki at. It seems cheaper than pride of america.

Edited by latebuyer

Thanks for all the feedback here, very helpful. I phoned and they said the 50% off airfare would apply to a studio booking. Also, they said you could arrive 1-2 days early for their airfare. I will have to think about this. I do want to go to hawaii as well but unfortunately there is no mark down for solo cabins for pride of america. The cruise first is definitely attractive to save 150.00. There is the 250.00 as well but i'd be leery about putting down that amount.

2 hours ago, pete_coach said:

The "sale" NCL has ongoing has been going on for over a year now LOL

Fake News. I repriced my currently booked cruise with the "new" promotion.  The price dropped... by two whole cents per passenger.  Everyone, get out of my way while I run to make that change.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

45 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Thanks for your feedback jbcallendar. I’mwondering would you havea choice to arrive early? That hawaii tahiti trip was actually the other one i was looki at. It seems cheaper than pride of america.

You have to be a little careful on the Tahiti/Hawaii trips, depending on which way you are going.  They often use charter flights to Papeete so flying in early is not always an option.

1 hour ago, latebuyer said:

Its interesting what you say about airfare as it says in fine print for free at sea solos get 50% off which would be a good deal as i would be flying to san juan.

Yeah, I'm contemplating it for the cruise I'm looking at. The inside price does not go up if I add in airfare so that notice you saw is confusing...

NCL may not have different prices in their “sales” but travel agencies offer promotions around holidays and events (like Wave season.) You can get additional offers like gratuities and onboard credit by timing a purchase during one of those. 

2 hours ago, latebuyer said:

I’m interested in the new viva ship so i’m thinking i should wait for some reviews.

no need.

viva will be a virtual clone of the prima and there are many reviews of the prima.

1 hour ago, TPgal said:

Fake News. I repriced my currently booked cruise with the "new" promotion.  The price dropped... by two whole cents per passenger.  Everyone, get out of my way while I run to make that change.  

Easy now.   LOL

Your discount may have been your math mistake 🙂

• Like 1