Viva Cruise disappeared from NCL site?

zelliott

I have been keeping an eye on availability of certain stateroom types for the August 19th sailing of the Viva. There was no change in availability when I checked this morning, and something I saw here prompted me to check just now, and it’s suddenly entirely sold out. 

To rule out any site-wide issues, I looked at other sailings which all seemed normal, except that I can’t find any evidence of the August 10th sailing of the Viva anywhere on the NCL site. I’m not sure if that’s a new change, 

Does anyone have previous experience with seeing cruises rapidly go from some availability (there used to be about a dozen cabins showing in each of the two categories I was tracking) to none? I’m hoping this isn’t an indication of any delays this close to Viva’s first sailing. 

I'm booked on the August 19th sailing and got an email yesterday inviting me to bid for an upgrade.....not sure if that can be taken as an indication that it's definitely going ahead......But I hope so!!

I'm hoping too! It does seem like the 19th sailing has also disappeared completely from the site's search function, but I imagine that we would have heard something if there was a major change like that. I also wondered if they might have closed out bookings to invite "influencers" on the first couple of sailings. 

• Like 1

The August 10th inaugural has also disappeared. In the past, this means your cruise has been cancelled. NCL just has decided not to let you know. They will get around to it when they get around to it, sadly. It is just another day at NCL headquarters in Miami. No big deal to them. They cancel cruises and adjust itineraries on a weekly basis. Anyway, if this is true, I am so sorry this is happening to you. I can only imagine the stress involved with the uncertainty. We should all expect more from NCL.

• Haha 1

It was June, then August 26th but then brought it forward to Aug 10th but not sure what is going on now. Just been on to their customer service and they say that there are many reasons trips would no longer be on the website (due to updating categories, promotions, etc). Not sure I buy it to be honest but I'm going to remain optimistic and hope that all is still ok. From everything I've found it, the ship is ready. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, luv2kroooz said:

We should all expect more from NCL.

luv2, I always appreciate your posts, but let's be fair. It's not just NCL. Perhaps you've forgotten that Royal has overbooked FIVE cruises in the last 6 months? Some just weeks (or less) from sailing? Imagine that clusterf**k.

We should never be a cheerleader for any cruise line -- but neither should we be a hater.

• Like 6

I haven't seen cancellations reported since they canceled the original trips due to take place from June to August 17th. They cancelled those last year or earlier this year. The August 10th and 19th were dates not on their original schedule. I'm guessing what happened was, they changed the inaugural to Aug 26th, then realised the ship would be ready earlier so put in two new sailings on Aug 10th (from Trieste to Lisbon) and Aug 19 (from Lisbon to Rome). Just hoping they weren't being optimistic. We only booked last week so be a bit of a pain if it's cancelled especially as we have flights and hotel booked separately. 

• Like 1

I’ve noticed another change. When I browse cruises on the NCL site, I have a banner notifying me that I have a future cruise credit to use by June 30th. No credit is reflected on my account. I’m clinging onto hope that the website is acting remarkably strange, but that hope is dwindling. 

7 hours ago, zelliott said:

I’ve noticed another change. When I browse cruises on the NCL site, I have a banner notifying me that I have a future cruise credit to use by June 30th. No credit is reflected on my account. I’m clinging onto hope that the website is acting remarkably strange, but that hope is dwindling. 

it might be me(my PC) but the UK website is up he creek not showing dates properly when you click through and other peculiar artefacts like some cruise you never looked at showing as finish your booking.  

3 hours ago, insidecabin said:

it might be me(my PC) but the UK website is up he creek not showing dates properly when you click through and other peculiar artefacts like some cruise you never looked at showing as finish your booking.  

I noticed that yesterday too but put it down to me browsing on my phone ........I think I'm just going to stop checking and live in blissful ignorance assuming everything is fine until NCL tell me otherwise. Stressing about it won't help.......but if there is an issue, I hope they tell me sooner rather than later as I need to come up with a plan b for my non-refundable flights to Lisbon and from Rome and hotel in Lisbon. 

1 minute ago, JeanKC said:

I noticed that yesterday too but put it down to me browsing on my phone ........I think I'm just going to stop checking and live in blissful ignorance assuming everything is fine until NCL tell me otherwise. Stressing about it won't help.......but if there is an issue, I hope they tell me sooner rather than later as I need to come up with a plan b for my non-refundable flights to Lisbon and from Rome and hotel in Lisbon. 

Remember if a UK/EU booking NCL are responsible for you incidental losses.

Getaway is close 17th from Lisbon. 

2 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

Remember if a UK/EU booking NCL are responsible for you incidental losses.

Getaway is close 17th from Lisbon. 

That's good to know re the incidentals, thank you. Re the Getaway - no good really as it would mean taking more annual leave.......which I don't have. Gone a bit mad on the holidays this year 🤣

Just now, JeanKC said:

That's good to know re the incidentals, thank you. Re the Getaway - no good really as it would mean taking more annual leave.......which I don't have. Gone a bit mad on the holidays this year 🤣

Even if you book flights separately the cruise is covered by the package travel regulation.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2023 at 10:16 PM, zelliott said:

I have been keeping an eye on availability of certain stateroom types for the August 19th sailing of the Viva. There was no change in availability when I checked this morning, and something I saw here prompted me to check just now, and it’s suddenly entirely sold out. 

To rule out any site-wide issues, I looked at other sailings which all seemed normal, except that I can’t find any evidence of the August 10th sailing of the Viva anywhere on the NCL site. I’m not sure if that’s a new change, 

Does anyone have previous experience with seeing cruises rapidly go from some availability (there used to be about a dozen cabins showing in each of the two categories I was tracking) to none? I’m hoping this isn’t an indication of any delays this close to Viva’s first sailing. 

If your cruise were cancelled, the name of  your cruise on your MyNCL account would change to "Default Name". While you still have a valid cruise name, NCL has just remove the cruise from sales. It could be that the cruise did sell out. Or that they have frozen sales until all of their VIPs (media and travel agents) are accommodated. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

While you still have a valid cruise name, NCL has just remove the cruise from sales. It could be that the cruise did sell out. Or that they have frozen sales until all of their VIPs (media and travel agents) are accommodated. 

Since I still see the name, I will hold out hope, then. Thank you! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2023 at 3:16 AM, zelliott said:

You may have noticed this already, but this cruise is now back on the NCL site but only suites and haven left. 

image.thumb.png.6e4a161a22cc2190ccf89dd8ba923980.png

• Like 1