Just how much of a problem ARE interlopers in the YC?

mafig

4 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

"Then what ?  MSC turns back into a pumpkin?"

Downsides:
1) There is no room for your wife, let alone her twelve suitcases.
2) You will have to buttle for yourself.
3) The seafood extravaganza is whatever sticks to your paddle.

Upside:
1) No one left to interlope.

Pumpkin-MSC.gif.f41ce05db15d2d70abdaef23e94a3521.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, no1talks said:

Downsides:
1) There is no room for your wife, let alone her twelve suitcases.
2) You will have to buttle for yourself.
3) The seafood extravaganza is whatever sticks to your paddle.

Upside:
1) No one left to interlope.

Pumpkin-MSC.gif.f41ce05db15d2d70abdaef23e94a3521.gif

Actually you are not far off... When I couldn't fit her 12 suitcases in my car, her reply was "Buy a bigger car !"  The problem is she knows too much. This Assyrian bas relief depicting a larger coracle to accommodate her bags is analogous. The world's largest coracle is thought to have been Noah's Ark fitted with a roof and we know how much that held.

c0456562-800px-wm.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Actually you are not far off... When I couldn't fit her 12 suitcases in my car, her reply was "Buy a bigger car !"  The problem is she knows too much. This Assyrian bas relief depicting a larger coracle to accommodate her bags is analogous. The world's largest coracle is thought to have been Noah's Ark fitted with a roof and we know how much that held.

c0456562-800px-wm.jpg

1 minute ago, Moz said:

I can't imagine anyone so entitled to require 12 suitcases and insist on elaborate treatment with such distain for the ordinary crowd that can't quite include the YC experience,  Your world is so foreign to the average person only for the "rich and famous",

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Moz said:

I can't imagine anyone so entitled to require 12 suitcases and insist on elaborate treatment with such distain for the ordinary crowd that can't quite include the YC experience,  Your world is so foreign to the average person only for the "rich and famous",

image.png

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Moz said:

There's nothing wrong with bringing 12 suitcases if someone so desires. The 12 suitcases easily fit in the stateroom. 

There's nothing wrong with expecting and getting the service that one has paid for. 

The only "distain" is for those who interlope into the Yacht Club even though they have not paid for access and services that others have paid for.  

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Moz said:

Well in defense of my DW, she has cruise/traveled with me for 50 years, 2 lowers on the inside cabins, which could hardly accommodate 2 suitcases. After all these years of delayed gratification, always peering into suite cabins to see how the "rich and famous" lived, we decided it was the time to stop saving and start spending. We wanted to see if all the hype surrounding this luxury suite class is all that it is touted to be. We are limited to cruise ships coming to our nearby ports. So having experienced RCCL, NCL, Holland America, and Celebrity all in suites, we have landed on our 'new' favorite MSC Yacht Club for all the reasons I listed in prior postings. As we have aged, DW has become more concerned about being prepared in the event of emergencies that might occur. One suitcase is filled with disinfectants and cleaning supplies, it takes us an hour to disinfect our stateroom and again after the steward finishes (they do go from cabin to cabin). We like to dress for dinner every evening whether formal/Gala or not. Never shorts. Respect for the Yacht Club and our fellow passengers. Another suitcase for medications (read that a gentleman was charged $3000 for antibiotics for a sinus infection on NCL). Another suitcase for laptops (4) to keep in touch with other electronics. The other suitcases are her 'back ups'. Every time she reads about some passenger having a problem she has to pack something else. On the Divina we were missing a bag. It was flagged by security. In it was packed with two water floatation jackets and smoke masks. We have since had to leave those home as now we need the space for comfort food in the event of a port shut down.

Hope that gives you some idea about growing old together.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

42 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

"It was flagged by security. In it was packed with two water floatation jackets..."

Since you had to relinquish your personal flotation devices, may I suggest a door-sized piece of luggage to add to the set?

The innocuous and easily explained contents of which shall serve your wife very well, in the event of a floatation-related emergency.

However, I'm afraid bad news awaits you in said situation.

ebb15fca-2426-412c-b7f2-dba39077efb2.sized-1000x1000.gif.93b7c941e03710ad635b992a86169b90.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Well in defense of my DW, she has cruise/traveled with me for 50 years, 2 lowers on the inside cabins, which could hardly accommodate 2 suitcases. After all these years of delayed gratification, always peering into suite cabins to see how the "rich and famous" lived, we decided it was the time to stop saving and start spending. We wanted to see if all the hype surrounding this luxury suite class is all that it is touted to be. We are limited to cruise ships coming to our nearby ports. So having experienced RCCL, NCL, Holland America, and Celebrity all in suites, we have landed on our 'new' favorite MSC Yacht Club for all the reasons I listed in prior postings. As we have aged, DW has become more concerned about being prepared in the event of emergencies that might occur. One suitcase is filled with disinfectants and cleaning supplies, it takes us an hour to disinfect our stateroom and again after the steward finishes (they do go from cabin to cabin). We like to dress for dinner every evening whether formal/Gala or not. Never shorts. Respect for the Yacht Club and our fellow passengers. Another suitcase for medications (read that a gentleman was charged $3000 for antibiotics for a sinus infection on NCL). Another suitcase for laptops (4) to keep in touch with other electronics. The other suitcases are her 'back ups'. Every time she reads about some passenger having a problem she has to pack something else. On the Divina we were missing a bag. It was flagged by security. In it was packed with two water floatation jackets and smoke masks. We have since had to leave those home as now we need the space for comfort food in the event of a port shut down.

Hope that gives you some idea about growing old together.

Thanks for the lengthy reply appreciated it, I didn't mean to be critical but hard to understand the luggage,  We too, even if we cruise in the peon class in a balcony do dress up and appreciate the finer things and appreciate proper attire as we have experienced on MSC,  hate the crude apparel on Carnival and after cruising them for years had to get away from the crude behaviors,  Would love to cruise YC but not in the plans.  Am in the 90's and feel blessed to cruise at my age and will probably be taking my last hurrah on MSC this fall with two of my older sons,  Thanks for your reply,

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Moz said:

hate the crude apparel on Carnival and after cruising them for years had to get away from the crude behaviors, 

From what we have experienced on MSC outside the Yacht Club, you will be 'jumping out of the fry pan into the fire', by leaving Carnival.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

From what we have experienced on MSC outside the Yacht Club, you will be 'jumping out of the fry pan into the fire', by leaving Carnival.

I agree with this statement, we split time between Carnival and MSC…we only have sailed Yacht Club on MSC….we just got off of a Carnival ship 2 weeks ago and I can tell you things are changing.  They have really cracked down on bad behavior.  Security was very visible, no more Bluetooth speakers, people were very well behaved.  They have also increased their prices significantly.  I will find out next week if they have all moved to MSC.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Andy1850 said:

I agree with this statement, we split time between Carnival and MSC…we only have sailed Yacht Club on MSC….we just got off of a Carnival ship 2 weeks ago and I can tell you things are changing.  They have really cracked down on bad behavior.  Security was very visible, no more Bluetooth speakers, people were very well behaved.  They have also increased their prices significantly.  I will find out next week if they have all moved to MSC.  

Sure hope this isn't the case for our fall cruise since bad behavior was why we left Carnival.  MSC has always provided such a lovely environment but that was two years ago when we traveled on her,  Would love to hear from someone not in YC to hear how it actually is,

20 hours ago, Moz said:

Sure hope this isn't the case for our fall cruise since bad behavior was why we left Carnival.  MSC has always provided such a lovely environment but that was two years ago when we traveled on her,  Would love to hear from someone not in YC to hear how it actually is,

We were in the yacht club, but most in our Facebook roll call were not. Someone reported on there that there was a man in the kids pool with a GoPro under water filming kids while touching himself!  He ran off when someone caught him. Others jumped in saying they saw or heard about it too. 

22 hours ago, Moz said:

I was on the first Meraviglia sailing out of Brooklyn this past April. I really had no complaints despite not being in the Yacht Club. I didn't spend much time on the pool decks, preferring to spend time at one of the many lounges. I had no issue getting drinks. I might have had a couple of slow dinner services and ate 95% of my meals in the MDR.The only two incidents that stuck out was someone interloped my reserved cabana at Ocean Cay. They didn't seem to understand English when my friends and I tried getting them to leave. One of the island caretakers had them move so no real big deal. The second was during the 1st night at the MDR. Many people missed their assigned early dining and didn't like that they had to wait to be seated at another sitting. One guy walked up to the Maitre'd and banged on his desk demanding to be seated. Oh how I wish I understood Italian. Needless to say, he did not get seated at all. Embarkation was slow but I heard there was a medical emergency. Disembarkation was slow but that was people not following instructions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

We were in the yacht club, but most in our Facebook roll call were not. Someone reported on there that there was a man in the kids pool with a GoPro under water filming kids while touching himself!  He ran off when someone caught him. Others jumped in saying they saw or heard about it too. 

Interesting? Underwater?

The kid's water areas I have seen on MSC ships have less than a foot of water.

Some ships have the kid's pool tucked away in the children's club area and is not accessible except through the kid's club area. 

2 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Why do some parents think they don't have to supervise their young children on a cruise? I've heard horror stories of children running up and down the hallways at midnight unsupervised. Even pedophiles take cruises.

36 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

Interesting? Underwater?

The kid's water areas I have seen on MSC ships have less than a foot of water.

Some ships have the kid's pool tucked away in the children's club area and is not accessible except through the kid's club area. 

We were in the Seaside. The jungle pool has open access. We walked by it a couple of times. 
IMG_0760.thumb.jpeg.2c2c7e5c5db16b0c8ec68bd326e702ab.jpeg