Cape Liberty- check in?

It's much less intense than TSA, but I set the machines every time because of knee replacements. They make it easy with their wands. Never had the experience there that I've had other places where they left me feeling I should have at least been offered dinner before the pat down. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, MommaBear55 said:

It's much less intense than TSA, but I set the machines every time because of knee replacements. They make it easy with their wands. Never had the experience there that I've had other places where they left me feeling I should have at least been offered dinner before the pat down. 

I agree, on the way from NYC to Vegas, I seemed to be selected for these invasive pat down and I do have pins/rods in my hips! 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2023 at 1:45 PM, Pratique said:

Empty your pockets, shoes stay on. They will wand you if any metal is detected such as jewelry.

Huh, I don't think I've ever emptied my pockets, beyond removing metal items like I would for an airport screening. Though I've always thought someone could easily smuggle* alcohol onboard in their pockets, and skip rum runners, mouth wash bottles, binocular flasks and the like, so if they do now require you to dump out your pockets it'd make sense.

*To be clear, I've never tried this or any other method of sneaking on alcohol. Though I did bubble wrap our one bottle of wine very carefully on my first ever cruise, due to concerns about it breaking during transit (flying/getting on cruise). I'm sure the screeners thought we were trying to hide liquor when they asked if they could open it up.

1 hour ago, KSprite01 said:

Huh, I don't think I've ever emptied my pockets, beyond removing metal items like I would for an airport screening. Though I've always thought someone could easily smuggle* alcohol onboard in their pockets, and skip rum runners, mouth wash bottles, binocular flasks and the like, so if they do now require you to dump out your pockets it'd make sense.

*To be clear, I've never tried this or any other method of sneaking on alcohol. Though I did bubble wrap our one bottle of wine very carefully on my first ever cruise, due to concerns about it breaking during transit (flying/getting on cruise). I'm sure the screeners thought we were trying to hide liquor when they asked if they could open it up.

Well let's put it this way: they will tell you to empty your pockets (obviously keys and phone) but if you don't and the detector goes off then they will wand you and probably want to see what's in your pockets anyway. So if it's not metal then it probably won't be noticed. Not as strict as TSA but they were being thorough. They saw something on the x-ray that wasn't obvious to them and started asking questions. We told them it was D cell batteries in a portable fan and they let us proceed without any further inspection. But they are paying attention, as they should be.

Emptying your pockets just speeds things.

On 6/22/2023 at 1:40 PM, tokidoki said:

Hi cruisers!  Sailing on Oasis in August from NJ, and I wondered how the check in process goes with being scanned, if we have to remove any metal or shoes? Thx

The RCI private security is only a metal detector, NO XRAY.  I have found it's best to remove all metal, but your shoes are on.