Booking a 21 Day Europe Cruise (3-7 day Segments) Suite Benefits

shirazcruiser

We just booked a 21 day Sun Princess Suite cabin R/T Barcelona that is actually 3 - 7 day segments.  I thought I read somewhere that even though I booked it as 1 cruise that I will receive the benefits that each segment offers such as a free mini-bar setup per segment (3 total) and specialty dining on the 1st night of each segment.  Has anyone experienced this?  

Yes you should get a fresh mini bar on each 7 day segment and a free specialty dinner on each embarkation night. 
Just as a note on our recent b2b cruise in June they did not zero out our folio after the first week but carried the balance over to the second week. That was a first for us

Edited by memoak

Just now, shirazcruiser said:

Thank you!  Did you book as 3 separate cruises or 1- 21 day cruise? 

1 14 day and then an additional 7 day on top.

I have a live from thread going as well

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, memoak said:

Yes you should get a fresh mini bar on each 7 day segment and a free specialty dinner on each embarkation night. 
Just as a note on our recent b2b cruise in June they did not zero out our folio after the first week but carried the balance over to the second week. That was a first for us

My cruise is not a B2B2B, but 1 - 21 day cruise that could be booked as 3-7 days.  Thanks for responding.

Edited by shirazcruiser

1 minute ago, fpsphil said:

1 14 day and then an additional 7 day on top.

I have a live from thread going as well

Could you tell me the live thread so I can follow along? Have a great cruise!  We just got back last month from a 14 day Iceland cruise on the Sky! 

3 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

Could you tell me the live thread so I can follow along? Have a great cruise!  We just got back last month from a 14 day Iceland cruise on the Sky! 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, memoak said:

zero out our folio after the first week but carried the balance over to the second week. That was a first for us

We do lots of b2b's, they have always carried our folio over to the following voyage.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

We just booked a 21 day Sun Princess Suite cabin R/T Barcelona that is actually 3 - 7 day segments.  I thought I read somewhere that even though I booked it as 1 cruise that I will receive the benefits that each segment offers such as a free mini-bar setup per segment (3 total) and specialty dining on the 1st night of each segment.  Has anyone experienced this?  

Yes, you should get a mini bar setup and specialty dinner for each segment. If you look at your cruise history, you should see your cruise listed as a future sailing with 6 credits. You will receive a credit for each segment and an extra credit for being in a full suite, even though you booked as one 21 day sailing. The Princess system recognizes it is actually three, seven day sailings. 

Depending on your particular situation if you are a shareholder and use FCD’s, sometimes the math works better to book as one 21 day sailing or 3 separate seven day sailings. Booking as a 21 day guarantees you to be in same cabin, booking as 3 separate can be challenging getting same cabin, but easier the earlier you book.

• Like 1

We just got off a 21 day Barcelona to Barcelona suite trip booked as 21 days.   We got a mini bar service each of the 7 day legs (and canapés).  We only got the champagne and specialty dining the very first day of the cruise not the start of each segment.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wallyj said:

Yes, you should get a mini bar setup and specialty dinner for each segment. If you look at your cruise history, you should see your cruise listed as a future sailing with 6 credits. You will receive a credit for each segment and an extra credit for being in a full suite, even though you booked as one 21 day sailing. The Princess system recognizes it is actually three, seven day sailings. 

Depending on your particular situation if you are a shareholder and use FCD’s, sometimes the math works better to book as one 21 day sailing or 3 separate seven day sailings. Booking as a 21 day guarantees you to be in same cabin, booking as 3 separate can be challenging getting same cabin, but easier the earlier you book.

Thank you for responding. I looked under my cruise history and it does in fact show 6 credits so since we're Elite we should get 6 mini bar setups...I guess we'll end up with 6 bottles of wine since we have the Plus Pkg.  We always try to book the same cabin on a B2B...hate to repack and move...only done it once.  One other nice thing about booking all 21 days is that there are excursions  available for the turn around days. 

29 minutes ago, Sn0cruiser said:

We just got off a 21 day Barcelona to Barcelona suite trip booked as 21 days.   We got a mini bar service each of the 7 day legs (and canapés).  We only got the champagne and specialty dining the very first day of the cruise not the start of each segment.

Why would they give you 3 mini bars, but not 3 dinners?  It's like half acknowledgement. Did you ask Customer Service or the Concierge Manager (if you had a Concierge Lounge) about dinner on the 2nd & 3rd leg? 

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2023 at 7:29 PM, shirazcruiser said:

My cruise is not a B2B2B, but 1 - 21 day cruise that could be booked as 3-7 days.  Thanks for responding.

It technically is a B2B2B because of the fact that your 21-nights is a combination of the three 7-nighters.  One issue - thus far - is that the new casual dining benefit is supposedly only going to apply once for folks with limited visits.  

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

It technically is a B2B2B because of the fact that your 21-nights is a combination of the three 7-nighters.  One issue - thus far - is that the new casual dining benefit is supposedly only going to apply once for folks with limited visits.  

So you're saying 2 visits for each one of us for the 21 days?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

With the change to the Plus Package that now includes NEW 2 casual dining meals....would I receive 2 per leg if I booked a 21 day suite cruise (that can be sold as 3 - 7 day sailings) since I'm receiving 6 credits or would I just receive the 2 casual dining meals for the entire sailing? 

See Post #18.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shirazcruiser said:

So you're saying 2 visits for each one of us for the 21 days?

Same issue exists on Premier plan for the SD credits.  You get 2 per voyage booked.  Lots of folks not happy there - and I agree - that it isn't fair to get 2 visits on a 6/7 night voyage and the same on a 22-nighter (could be a physical 22 nights and not a combo.  How about a World Cruiser for 111+ nights and only getting 2 visits period?  Time will tell if this ever changes.

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Same issue exists on Premier plan for the SD credits.  You get 2 per voyage booked.  Lots of folks not happy there - and I agree - that it isn't fair to get 2 visits on a 6/7 night voyage and the same on a 22-nighter (could be a physical 22 nights and not a combo.  How about a World Cruiser for 111+ nights and only getting 2 visits period?  Time will tell if this ever changes.

There seems to be come inconsistency in that I've read that I'll receive 6 mini bars (we're Elite), 3 specialty dinners; however, but you say only 2 Casual Dining Meals....Princess should clarify these perks since my account reflects 6 credits as if I booked 3- 7 day sailings.  Hopefully, some other passengers with longer sailings that consist of multi-cruises will report on their experience.  I won't die one way or the other...as I might have limited opportunities to casual dining with a port intensive sailing, but it would be nice to have the option.  Thanks for responding.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2023 at 4:25 PM, fpsphil said:

About to board the Enchanted for a 3 segment cruise. Will post if we get the mini bar after each 7 day

can you also share if you have to pay the $5 rs fee being in a suite you get the extended menu as part of the perk and so far no one has been able to confirm if suites will still have to pay that $5 fee despite it being part of the perks to have a suite...we are in one this September...

• Like 2

On 6/22/2023 at 7:25 PM, fpsphil said:

About to board the Enchanted for a 3 segment cruise. Will post if we get the mini bar after each 7 day

I followed your sailing, but I don't recall if you mentioned whether you received 3 mini bar setups during your cruise.