WHO IS SAILNG ON ONE OR MORE OF THE 2023/2024 CRYSTAL VOYAGES

Keith1010

2 hours ago, sullaRaffaello said:

I thought B2B counted as 1 cruise for Special Initiative purposes.

I don't know the "fine print" definition of what Crystal calls B2B. All I know is that  MIA/Puerto Caldera and Puerto Caldera/MIA are considered 2 different cruises, with 2  different "cruise numbers", so I could use 2 credits.  I too was surprised. The condition is "different cruise numbers". So what might look like B2B to us, might not be so according to Crystal. 

Phyllis, I received another update yesterday and my sense is we won't know how details about how the on-board booking discount will work including if it will be applied retroactively to cruises already booked until we are on-board the inaugural cruise. If I hear something earlier I will be sure to post it.

Keith

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Funatabi said:

If all goes well this will be my 2nd time on "Crystal". The first time was a fiasco caused by the bad taste left by "that bankruptcy". But, I am willing to try again. Why not. If I am on a cruise, I am happy. 

Love your attitude! Cruising makes me happy too. 🙂 And I applaud your willingness to look forward not backwards with regards to Crystal. I didn't get burned myself, but I know many are still upset and unwilling to go back to them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lovet2travel said:

Looking to book Athens to Athens in 2024, but cabin type is on waitlist only. No others with same itinerary being offered in 2024. 😔 

You might have done this already but, if not, consider a waitlist as this is early so things can change.

Keith

11 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

You might have done this already but, if not, consider a waitlist as this is early so things can change.

Keith

Thanks Keith. I didn’t. There are 5 of us; not sure what’s the chance of all of us being cleared. So we are looking at alternative voyages. -Jeany

52 minutes ago, lovet2travel said:

Thanks Keith. I didn’t. There are 5 of us; not sure what’s the chance of all of us being cleared. So we are looking at alternative voyages. -Jeany

Jeany that makes sense.  When you say five is that five rooms?

Keith

2 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Keith

I reserved Crystal Serenity/MIA cruise with waitlist for cabin I wanted, and was assigned an upgraded cabin, no additional charge a few days layer.  They also gave me a 5% discount for prior sailing on old Crystal.

Edited by robrho
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, robrho said:

I reserved Crystal Serenity/MIA cruise with waitlist for cabin I wanted, and was assigned an upgraded cabin, no additional charge a few days layer.  They also gave me a 5% discount for prior sailing on old Crystal.

Great news on the upgrade.  They are giving a 5% Crystal Society savings which is great.

Keith

2 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Jeany that makes sense.  When you say five is that five rooms?

Keith

Keith:: 3 cabins with one being a single. I wonder if Crystal would add more sailings or its 2024 published sailings.Do you know? Also, I hope the departure of the long-time former President will not adversely affect the direction of the new Crystal. 

26 minutes ago, lovet2travel said:

Keith:: 3 cabins with one being a single. I wonder if Crystal would add more sailings or its 2024 published sailings.Do you know? Also, I hope the departure of the long-time former President will not adversely affect the direction of the new Crystal. 

I expect Crystal to do well and the good news is Jack Anderson got things organized at the beginning and new Crystal off to a great start.  While there always could be some tweaks to existing itineraries since all of them have been published I don't see the possibility of any new ones in 2024.  Next out will be 2025.  You could have your agent check with Crystal every few weeks to see if things open up for the voyage you wanted.

Keith

6 hours ago, robrho said:

Thank you for sharing that info. Did you get a TA to book you on the waitlist or did you do it directly? 

- Jeany

My wife and I will be on Serenity for Christmas/New Years in the Caribbean!

We've been on Symphony 7 times over the years and have always wanted to try Serenity. We thought we'd never have that chance again. Yet, here we are...

I can't wait until December 23rd!

Edited by Kaz52
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2023 at 10:24 PM, JusttheTwoofUs said:

Question on the Crystal Society program.  Do you still get the 2.5% onboard booking credit for Cruise # 2, if you book it before you take Cruise # 1?  We are planning on booking a second cruise this week (for 2024), with our first cruise not coming until Sept. 2023.  Do we get the extra 2.5% onboard booking credit applied to our 2nd cruise after we have completed the 1st one?  I recall this is how OC worked, you didn't have to actually book during a cruise.

Phyllis

Phyllis it took my awhile to find your post as I now have the information.

This is what I know.

Starting with the July 31 cruise you can make an on board booking on the ship and receive a 2.5% discount.

You cannot add an On Board Booking to cruises already booked from home.

On the ship one can make an open booking with a $400.00 per person deposit good for three months at which time it is automatically cancelled and refunded.

Keith

• Thanks 1

Just talked to my TA and approved payment for Serenity Quebec to New York October 5 to 13.  A very strange trip as I explained in "The Bistro" but I'm booked non-refundable on Queen Mary 2 New York-Quebec-New York September 29 to October 13.  QM2 turnaround day is October 6 so I think on October 5 I will be officially on board both ships.

Roy

• Like 13

Roy, I'll be thinking of you while  I am traveling  on the Shinkansen and traveling around Japan mostly south of Tokyo, Japan in October.:) Ill be doing what you do-multiple modes of transportation.!st train to Seattle, then a cruise to Yokohama, then traveling for the most part by Shinkansen  while in Japan , my happy place

Crystal cruises

1. B2B Alaska to LAX in August of 2024, 

2.. 2024-25 holiday /New year's day cruise on Serenity roundtrip from Ft Lauderdale/Miami (whichever it is going to be ) 🙂

Edited by wearesiamese
  • Like 1

We also are booked BTB NYC-QC-NYC Sep 27-Oct 13.  Packed already in our minds!  Hope to meet other posters for this cruise when we're on board.  Meanwhile, we're roasting rapidly here in Houston waiting for Maine and The Maritimes to cool down.

Bon Voyage to all those already booked on ours and other NC cruises.  Bob & Bob

• Like 1

We are booked on Serenity DECEMBER 8 -18, 2024 SAN JOSÉ (PUERTO CALDERA) TO FORT LAUDERDALE. It will be our first Crystal cruise. We have been on many Seabourn cruises, and interested to see what similarities and differences there are. Is there a roll call for that cruise yet. We are in the SF Bay Area and would like to discuss this other cruisers nearby and those that have booked this cruise. Is there a roll call for it yet?

Sept 27, 2023 Serenity NY to Quebec

Debating between Crystal v Regent for Mediterranean 2024. After reading all the postings, decided on- Symphony Athens to Athens April 13, 2024.

Still want to try Regent as I've never been on it. Maybe Japan in Fall 2024.

1 hour ago, lovet2travel said:

Sept 27, 2023 Serenity NY to Quebec

Debating between Crystal v Regent for Mediterranean 2024. After reading all the postings, decided on- Symphony Athens to Athens April 13, 2024.

Still want to try Regent as I've never been on it. Maybe Japan in Fall 2024.

Excellent choice.

Keith