NCL Stock OBC - Trying to Purchase Dining Package With $250 OBC?

IsanTom

On 6/26/2023 at 7:27 AM, IsanTom said:

I went into My Cruise to purchase additional dining package using my STOCK OBC $250, but they want me to enter a credit card. I want to use

OBC since it's Non-Refundable on board. How do I make the purchase using the OBC and avoiding the credit card request? Thanks

It is called ON BOARD credit for a reason.  Are you on board the ship?

39 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

39 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

I just booked WIFI and a Coffee Card on Oasis of the Seas with my STOCK OBC. Royal knows how to treat their guests. NCL has allot to learn about good customer relations.

1 minute ago, IsanTom said:

I just booked WIFI and a Coffee Card on Oasis of the Seas with my STOCK OBC. Royal knows how to treat their guests. NCL has allot to learn about good customer relations.

You can buy both of those items ("Starbucks package" and Wifi packages) once on board with the OBC...Why the rush?  It's not like you are able to get a free Starbucks 3 months before your cruise because you ordered the coffee card already.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

You can buy both of those items ("Starbucks package" and Wifi packages) once on board with the OBC...Why the rush?  It's not like you are able to get a free Starbucks 3 months before your cruise because you ordered the coffee card already.

You must not be an active cruiser because you always get better offers booking before the cruise. It's

not costing me anything to book now and  I'm saving about 35% on my internet package. I've done

this for most of our 110+ cruises. To my knowledge, NCL is the only cruise company who won't let you use your OBC on before cruise purchases to SAVE MONEY! Also, Coffee Package is $31.00 for the whole cruise 14 nights. I believe Starbucks is $250 or something like that on our 20 night NCL Sun.

1 minute ago, IsanTom said:

You must not be an active cruiser because you always get better offers booking before the cruise. It's

not costing me anything to book now and  I'm saving about 35% on my internet package. I've done

this for most of our 110+ cruises. To my knowledge, NCL is the only cruise company who won't let you use your OBC on before cruise purchases to SAVE MONEY! Also, Coffee Package is $31.00 for the whole cruise 14 nights. I believe Starbucks is $250 or something like that on our 20 night NCL Sun.

Actually I am an active cruiser.  But I am overjoyed to hear you've done 110+...I'm not really trying to get into a numbers contest with you. 

I expect you would know that NCL doesn't give "sales" on drink packages.  They have a program and you pay the same today as you pay on day 1 of the cruise.  Their Starbucks is the same price today as it will be on your 111th cruise, so if you want it, buy it on board and you will burn your OBC.

Regarding overall cost.. if RCL has a better deal, sail them...nobody forces anyone to sail any particular line.  

Also, as an aside, directly from the Shareholder FAQ's for Royal, they have the same restrictions.  OBC IS NOT FOR PRE PURCHASING..(clipped from their site)

image.thumb.png.6cfe37fde64f8d3360faab7d44436c18.png

Perhaps they flaunt the rules, but just because you have had something happen in the past, doesn't mean you will get it in the future.  They could "stop" their generous ways tomorrow - never know.

Hope you have a good cruise and can find some way to spend your "free" $250 OBC...If you are struggling, just treat a group on-board to some fancy shots and you'll be the king of the cruise!  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shof515 said:

Carnival, Princess and Royal is the cruise lines i sailed in the past that allowed you to use OBC for things you can buy before the cruise. it will be nice if norwegian had this too

I agree 100%. I don't cruise NCL much, but they are not cruiser friendly.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

Actually I am an active cruiser.  But I am overjoyed to hear you've done 110+...I'm not really trying to get into a numbers contest with you. 

I expect you would know that NCL doesn't give "sales" on drink packages.  They have a program and you pay the same today as you pay on day 1 of the cruise.  Their Starbucks is the same price today as it will be on your 111th cruise, so if you want it, buy it on board and you will burn your OBC.

Regarding overall cost.. if RCL has a better deal, sail them...nobody forces anyone to sail any particular line.  

Also, as an aside, directly from the Shareholder FAQ's for Royal, they have the same restrictions.  OBC IS NOT FOR PRE PURCHASING..(clipped from their site)

image.thumb.png.6cfe37fde64f8d3360faab7d44436c18.png

Perhaps they flaunt the rules, but just because you have had something happen in the past, doesn't mean you will get it in the future.  They could "stop" their generous ways tomorrow - never know.

Hope you have a good cruise and can find some way to spend your "free" $250 OBC...If you are struggling, just treat a group on-board to some fancy shots and you'll be the king of the cruise!  

Never had a problem using Stock OBC on Royal & Celebrity before the cruise. We take two TA's coming and going from Europe every year getting back to Thailand. The flight from Europe is 10 hours and nonstop, but 30 hours from Tampa and two stops. Much more relaxing cruising on the TA's.

48 minutes ago, IsanTom said:

Never had a problem using Stock OBC on Royal & Celebrity before the cruise. We take two TA's coming and going from Europe every year getting back to Thailand. The flight from Europe is 10 hours and nonstop, but 30 hours from Tampa and two stops. Much more relaxing cruising on the TA's.

Definitely a fun way to get across the ocean if you have the spare time!  Enjoy your cruise...Our next one is a 9-day on the Getaway on July 30th.  Can't wait!  Great way to hit a bunch of small coastal towns along the west coast of Europe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Of course. You have to consume it onboard. The industry is evolving and many customer service focused cruise lines are allowing customers to utilize on onboard credit in advance to purchase things they will consume onboard. NCL is delayed in keeping up with industry standards.

On 6/28/2023 at 3:04 PM, IsanTom said:

No they don't but they may have A LOT to learn.

23 hours ago, shof515 said:

Carnival, Princess and Royal is the cruise lines i sailed in the past that allowed you to use OBC for things you can buy before the cruise. it will be nice if norwegian had this too

They is?  Good for you LOL.

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...