The Beyond is staying in the Caribbean, no TA next year

newtampagirl

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

But for reflection prime is the description for forward facing and on Beyond it is called something else.

still needs to be forward facing room that I get.

lots of issues when going from older class of ship to a newer class of ship

As I did some more research I discovered a category callled  Deluxe Oceanview cabins that are  forward facing. 

4 minutes ago, awhcruiser said:

As I did some more research I discovered a category callled  Deluxe Oceanview cabins that are  forward facing. 

yup so it will be interesting.  I do not wish to be on the phone a long time.

Getting ready for my cruise tomorrow on RCI Liberty OTS.

I will deal with this later and it is over 12 months.

Again category number/letter and then the descriptions are two different things and if they allow a computer to move without a human thinking and watching, my Reflection forward facing could end up down on deck 3 on Beyond just because of the category letter instead of description within the cat.  oh well

Celebrity needs a better PR firm! The email said they were “pleased” to announce the relocation of the Beyond and therefore I guess “pleased” to cancel the vacation plans of many many cruisers. We had carefully planned this cruise to coincide with our 40th anniversary which we planned to celebrate in Capri after the end of the cruise in Rome. After a lot of scrambling we rebooked on the Ascent and will make this work but receiving that email was very upsetting! If you used a Travel Agent ask for additional shipboard credit…we got this and it helps a bit.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

yup so it will be interesting.  I do not wish to be on the phone a long time.

Getting ready for my cruise tomorrow on RCI Liberty OTS.

I will deal with this later and it is over 12 months.

Again category number/letter and then the descriptions are two different things and if they allow a computer to move without a human thinking and watching, my Reflection forward facing could end up down on deck 3 on Beyond just because of the category letter instead of description within the cat.  oh well

As expected we were assigned a Prime Oceanview on Deck  3 for the 27th.  Nothing assigned for  the  21st yet.

1 hour ago, chance001 said:

Celebrity needs a better PR firm! The email said they were “pleased” to announce the relocation of the Beyond and therefore I guess “pleased” to cancel the vacation plans of many many cruisers. We had carefully planned this cruise to coincide with our 40th anniversary which we planned to celebrate in Capri after the end of the cruise in Rome. After a lot of scrambling we rebooked on the Ascent and will make this work but receiving that email was very upsetting! If you used a Travel Agent ask for additional shipboard credit…we got this and it helps a bit.

I was lucky to be on the Beyond recently.  I’d be upset with a change.  Quite a few folks excited about this.  I’m not.  I hope to sail on an E class again but maybe not in the Caribbean.  I hope they spread their ships around so other itineraries are not just on older ships.  Is it wrong to say that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

I was lucky to be on the Beyond recently.  I’d be upset with a change.  Quite a few folks excited about this.  I’m not.  I hope to sail on an E class again but maybe not in the Caribbean.  I hope they spread their ships around so other itineraries are not just on older ships.  Is it wrong to say that?

Not at all..........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chance001 said:

Any PR firm that said They were "Sorry to announce the Relocation" wouldn't last long?

1 hour ago, D. B. said:

Any PR firm that said They were "Sorry to announce the Relocation" wouldn't last long?

I had a Covid cruise where Celebrity said something similar.  “We are pleased to announce the cancellation of this cruise.”  🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, chance001 said:

Unfortunately that is the standard language that Celebrity uses when they redeploy a ship.  They were also "pleased" when they moved Solstice over to the Mexican Riviera a while ago which cancelled a bunch of cruises and when they decided to move Infinity to Europe.  For those passengers that are adversely affected, it comes across very tone deaf and ignorant.

• Like 5

Sorry, am coming to this thread late now and read through and trying to catch up

We have cancelled a cruise with another line and were looking at Celebrity again.

Am I right in thinking that Celebrity has just cancelled a shed load of cruises on the Beyond for 2024 in Europe and moved her to the Caribbean leaving cruisers reorganising their plans?

Am I reading this right as it seems too surreal to be right.

I don't want a Constellation type ship (didn't like her sorry) and want to be on something like the beautiful EDGE again if we return to Celebrity ....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Presto2 said:

Sorry, am coming to this thread late now and read through and trying to catch up

We have cancelled a cruise with another line and were looking at Celebrity again.

Am I right in thinking that Celebrity has just cancelled a shed load of cruises on the Beyond for 2024 in Europe and moved her to the Caribbean leaving cruisers reorganising their plans?

Am I reading this right as it seems too surreal to be right.

I don't want a Constellation type ship (didn't like her sorry) and want to be on something like the beautiful EDGE again if we return to Celebrity ....

The Apex and the Ascent will still be in Europe for the 2024 season. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, prmssk said:

The Apex and the Ascent will still be in Europe for the 2024 season. 

Thanks will have a look. Perhaps they thought there was more demand than there was.

Disappointing for those who have booked flights and hotels am guessing.

6 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Thanks will have a look. Perhaps they thought there was more demand than there was.

Disappointing for those who have booked flights and hotels am guessing.

We booked the Oct 14 sailing of the Ascent. We can't wait! Not as nice of an itinerary. 

1 hour ago, YouthD said:

We booked the Oct 14 sailing of the Ascent. We can't wait! Not as nice of an itinerary. 

A Lot of cruise lines have been cancelling and rearranging where their ships are going to be deployed Not just Celebrity.

I think a lot of it has to do with getting ships where the cruise line sees the highest Demand for that Type of ship And available Dry Dock openings.

My suspicion is that Also the competition in the market by the increasing presence of the 800 pound Gorilla in the room (MSC) has someting to do with it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, D. B. said:

A Lot of cruise lines have been cancelling and rearranging where their ships are going to be deployed Not just Celebrity.

I think a lot of it has to do with getting ships where the cruise line sees the highest Demand for that Type of ship And available Dry Dock openings.

My suspicion is that Also the competition in the market by the increasing presence of the 800 pound Gorilla in the room (MSC) has someting to do with it.

They also added Coco Cay to Celebrity itineraries.

• Like 1

MSC just announced it is Closing it's private Island Ocean Cay for 6 weeks for some major Upgrades.

This will cause a lot of trying to find different ports or replacing the Private Island stops with Sea Days.

Looks like the Private Island Competition is ramping up?

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

What happens in 2025?

We'll just have to wait and see.  

Just a thought, since the pandemic, Celebrity has added three ships to the mix which means they have added three ships worth of itineraries.  Until they seriously start getting rid of a lot of their older ships, moves like this one with the Beyond and Reflection are more about adjusting their new itineraries to better match demand, not taking away old itineraries.

6 minutes ago, prmssk said:

We'll just have to wait and see.  

Just a thought, since the pandemic, Celebrity has added three ships to the mix which means they have added three ships worth of itineraries.  Until they seriously start getting rid of a lot of their older ships, moves like this one with the Beyond and Reflection are more about adjusting their new itineraries to better match demand, not taking away old itineraries.

We can’t ignore that some cruises were out and out canceled.  No replacement ship made available.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, zitsky said:

We can’t ignore that some cruises were out and out canceled.  No replacement ship made available.

Yes, the Beyond's Europe cruises (as an example) were cancelled which affected individual people (and I agree it was handled poorly) but Europe has not traditionally had that many Celebrity ships there all at once.  So if you are comparing with past years, there are still more ships cruising in Europe (even with this change) than there have been historically.  There still is a net positive for the number of itineraries and options for cruisers.

Just now, prmssk said:

Yes, the Beyond's Europe cruises (as an example) were cancelled which affected individual people (and I agree it was handled poorly) but Europe has not traditionally had that many Celebrity ships there all at once.  So if you are comparing with past years, there are still more ships cruising in Europe (even with this change) than there have been historically.  There still is a net positive for the number of itineraries and options for cruisers.

Thanks.  That makes it all better.

• Like 1

Just now, zitsky said:

Thanks.  That makes it all better.

I'm not saying it makes it better for anyone who was booked on the Beyond or Reflection.  My point is that for the rest of us, I don't see how this change matters in the grand scheme of things.  We as cruisers have more options than we did in years past.  To me, that is a positive.

2 minutes ago, prmssk said:

I'm not saying it makes it better for anyone who was booked on the Beyond or Reflection.  My point is that for the rest of us, I don't see how this change matters in the grand scheme of things.  We as cruisers have more options than we did in years past.  To me, that is a positive.

Some of us care because some of us would like to cruise on the newest Celebrity ships outside of the Caribbean.  How is that possible when Celebrity moves all Edge class ships TO the Caribbean?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Some of us care because some of us would like to cruise on the newest Celebrity ships outside of the Caribbean.  How is that possible when Celebrity moves all Edge class ships TO the Caribbean?

We actually transferred from the Beyond to the Ascent, which isn't even out yet... The itinerary isn't as good, but we're still excited!

See post #61.  Apex and Ascent (new Edge Class ships) will be sailing in the Mediterranean.

11 minutes ago, zitsky said: