For $800, would your rather...

Eli_6

1 minute ago, TwoAdriftAtSea said:

I would take the $800 and use it to book flights to Mia/FLL for a change of scenery and ports of call, unless you've already "been there and done that" . If so then the excursions and chef's table.

That makes the trip a ton more stressful and basically requires my husband to take off an additional 1-2 extra days from work. And I have already paid in full for the cruise.  

IAH is HORRIBLE right now because it is under construction.  Took us two hours AFTER we debarked our plane to get picked up last time...mainly because there was such bad traffic in the pick up areas. 

• Like 1

I'm solo so spent it all on myself. 6 pay dinners. 2 watches. I cant shop any more, my drawers are full. 

2 watches from carnival vista.  ..they didnt have as many womens choices as I would have preferred. The one is the kind runs off the sun. I already had one needed a new battery. Couldn't wait .. so now have 2 that run off the sun. 

I had cheers so didnt go toward drinks. 

20210919_111936.jpg

• Like 2

I can almost guarantee you will create better memories with the excursions and chefs table.

Most people will choose the alcohol though. Good luck getting people to agree that there is any better investment in the world than a drink package.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 9:25 AM, Riles34 said:

It sucks doesn't it? Same itineraries have me looking at some other cruise lines. So CHEERS for sure! You get to try drinks that you wouldn't normally ask for which can be fun. And you can still get off and walk around a bit or go to a beach on your own. 

The other cruise lines may not help. I’m going on a Royal cruise the week after a Carnival cruise next Feb and we go to the exact same places. There just arent enough ports that can be reached.

On 6/30/2023 at 1:02 PM, Eli_6 said:

Hubs doesn't drink much so I would have to drink for two so I am probably better off just setting aside $400 for my drinks. 

This is us. I don’t drink much so it n our last cruise, we did a challenge. He drank whatever he wanted and so did I. For me, most of that was the Cokes that I brought on board and specialty coffee. It definitely saved us a lot of money. We used to love Cheers but I also used to drink more. Now it just makes me not feel great.