What time does the QM2 arrive and depart Newport, RI on 6 July 2023?

MJM88

Hi,

I live in Newport and would love to watch the QM2 arrive and depart.  Appreciate any insights into the a scheduled arrival and depart time from the harbor in Newport.

-mjm

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

The scheduled times I'm seeing for Newport on July 6th are 7:00am arrival and 6:00pm departure.

Also staying in the water tendering ....

Edited by BklynBoy8

As of 6PM on Board...

Captain Hall announced that QM2 will not be calling on Newport Rhode Island due to weather conditions and Operational considerations relayed to Tender Operations.

We will remain At Sea.

He regrets this announcement and ask all to understand the safety factors to the QM2, Passengers and Crew.

Edited by BklynBoy8

Wow. Thanks for this update.  I was really looking forward to the QM2’s arrival here in Newport. But also I am a bit confused as the wind tomorrow will be about 2mph in the morning going up to 11 mph. Overcast, then sunny. About 80F. 

29 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

As of 6PM on Board...

Captain Hall announced that QM2 will not be calling on Newport Rhode Island due to weather conditions and Operational considerations relayed to Tender Operations.

We will remain At Sea.

He regrets this announcement and ask all to understand the safety factors to the QM2, Passengers and Crew.

You guys are on the Voyage of the Damned!  It’s warm and still in southern New England now. There has to be something more than weather. 

On 7/5/2023 at 6:57 PM, NE John said:

You guys are on the Voyage of the Damned!  It’s warm and still in southern New England now. There has to be something more than weather. 

Unfortunately we will be at sea till we aim for NY along the LI coast. Be interesting to watch our movement.

On 7/5/2023 at 9:02 PM, NE John said:

How were the Boston fireworks? Did weather allow a show?

Ok but low ceiling and smoke. No wind to clear smoke.

Showed Boston's Pop on LED Screen in RCT. Very very crowded and some walked away.

• Thanks 1

@NE John We decided to try to watch the concert from our room but the stream was really badly choppy so we gave up. We could see the very tops of the fireworks from several areas. But we had brought Independence Day and watched half of it in our suite with the remainder of wine from dinner.

Boy has it been a rough time onboard the QM2 since the Halifax medical emergency detour last Thursday!  I feel bad for the first time Cunard cruisers on your cruise and hope they understand that the last week is not a normal Cunard voyage experience. There are travel problems everywhere these days. 
Have a good last few days, drink some nice wine, and I hope to travel together one day. 

Just now, NE John said:

I feel bad for the first time Cunard cruisers on your cruise and hope they understand that the last week is not a normal Cunard voyage.
 I hope to travel together one day. 

John,

Thank you for all the by lines you extended to me during your trip

U were right about last Friday while on board.

We do have to connect up. Pleasure..

5 hours ago, techteach said:

@NE John We decided to try to watch the concert from our room but the stream was really badly choppy so we gave up. We could see the very tops of the fireworks from several areas. But we had brought Independence Day and watched half of it in our suite with the remainder of wine from dinner.

One of my comfort films. Hope you enjoyed your day.

Having been lucky enough to attend a 4th July Boston Pops evening, I know how special it is so such a shame for the weather to have played awkward and the streaming to have been so choppy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

One of my comfort films. Hope you enjoyed your day.

Having been lucky enough to attend a 4th July Boston Pops evening, I know how special it is so such a shame for the weather to have played awkward and the streaming to have been so choppy.

In RCT streaming on LED screen was prefect.