Queen Victoria QG restaurant

Firedobber

6 minutes ago, BigMac1953 said:

Q1's and Q2's turn right on entering.

Regular and well known travellers tend to get looked after best.

I wish. After years of booking Q4s and occasionally Q3s, and always being polite, we have never yet secured a table adjacent to the window.

1 hour ago, BigMac1953 said:

Q1's and Q2's turn right on entering.

Regular and well known travellers tend to get looked after best.

Some well known repeaters turn right too but the window tables on the right turn, are usually 1s and 2s.

Our first trip on QV was in QG6 in 2019 - 2 week Baltic cruise.  We were unhappy with our allocated centre table for 2 at the embarkation lunch.  Had a word with the Maitre’d on leaving and the rest of the cruise we turned right and had a lovely window table! 

1 hour ago, BigMac1953 said:

....unless....

I did say usually!

Obviously, well knowners do occasionally sneak in! 😄

Edit

I did read a comment a few years ago from a member who was disgusted with the position of their window table, which was slightly amusing as it was the favoured table of a world cruise Q1'er

Can't please 'em all!

Edited by Victoria2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

I did say usually!

Obviously, well knowners do occasionally sneak in! 😄

Edit

I did read a comment a few years ago from a member who was disgusted with the position of their window table, which was slightly amusing as it was the favoured table of a world cruise Q1'er

Can't please 'em all!

I can understand this Victoria2. Maybe the whole "combo compromise" of table position and waiting team for that particular table played a part in his / her choice. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Firedobber said:

I can understand this Victoria2. Maybe the whole "combo compromise" of table position and waiting team for that particular table played a part in his / her choice. 

Oh I'm sure it was table position as I know the table very well. I have a little experience with the wait staff on Victoria and not one, in my experience, comes up short.

That's short in customer service, not stature! 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Oh I'm sure it was table position as I know the table very well. I have a little experience with the wait staff on Victoria and not one, in my experience, comes up short.

That's short in customer service, not stature! 🙂

Thank you. That is excellent to hear!

They’re all slim though, so they can fit between the furniture.

I think people are more likely to be unhappy with their tables in the oddly shaped dining room on QM2. Even those with window tables want to move because they don’t like people walking past and looking in. This can provide an opportunity for those who don’t mind.

1 minute ago, exlondoner said:

I think people are more likely to be unhappy with their tables in the oddly shaped dining room on QM2. Even those with window tables want to move because they don’t like people walking past and looking in. This can provide an opportunity for those who don’t mind.

Interesting. Thank you. The tables for 2 do look rather close in certain areas of the restaurant. 

30 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Hmmm.

I can think of one or two members of staff who do not fit the slim tag, at all. Luckily, they manage, as do quite a few passengers! 🙂

QM2, yet another reason to give her a miss.

On PG on QM2 there was plenty of room between tables and the window seat is not a big deal in terms of those walking on Prom Deck. We were one table away from the window and I noticed few walkers looking in. Areas of the King’s Court buffet and specialty restaurants have the same views from the Prom Deck walkers too. 
I thought these window seat/looking in and close table issues would be a problem and they weren’t. Throughly enjoying our PG restaurant space. 

4 minutes ago, NE John said:

On PG on QM2 there was plenty of room between tables and the window seat is not a big deal in terms of those walking on Prom Deck. We were one table away from the window and I noticed few walkers looking in. Areas of the King’s Court buffet and specialty restaurants have the same views from the Prom Deck walkers too. 
I thought these window seat/looking in and close table issues would be a problem and they weren’t. Throughly enjoying our PG restaurant space. 

I think the PG does have fewer tables than QG, so a little more space. I have never minded passers-by or close tables, but some people do. Mind you I have never had a table next to a loudmouth who smelt. 🙂

Edited by exlondoner

In QG on QM2 with a window table for 2 now in Boston.  A few people look in as they walk past but have never stopped nor stared. DH and I discussed the width between tables since we talk about it here once. We have 14 to 16 inches between our table and the next.

Edited by techteach
Edit
  • Like 1