Princess Plus Package on first day of cruise?

rcprncss

Someone told us to ask for a 10% discount the first or second day of the cruise or Princess offers 10% off the Princess Plus Package on the first or second day of the cruise.  I was wondering if anyone has experience with this?  We are going to add it on board to use our cruise credit.  Thank you.

7 minutes ago, rcprncss said:

Someone told us to ask for a 10% discount the first or second day of the cruise or Princess offers 10% off the Princess Plus Package on the first or second day of the cruise.  I was wondering if anyone has experience with this?  We are going to add it on board to use our cruise credit.  Thank you.

You will see them selling the package, hanging around the piazza area.  I would ask, couldn’t hurt.  

Don't feel too disappointed when this doesn't happen. Princess has raised the price twice in a fairly short span of time. I really doubt they are interested in discounting it onboard. Of course you are free to give it a shot. If it actually works please come back and let us all know. If you have the OBC to burn it's likely a good idea to use that once onboard rather than spending your money. Heck, if I had that kind of OBC I might well do the same thing.

• Like 1

They gave me $10 off. Not 10%.

I didn't ask for the $10. Someone thought it was a refund for shipping of the medallion. 

I doubt they are giving any discounts. This is not something Princess does with things compared to other lines (discounts on dinners, etc..).

drink.jpg

Edited by Coral
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Don't feel too disappointed when this doesn't happen. Princess has raised the price twice in a fairly short span of time. I really doubt they are interested in discounting it onboard. Of course you are free to give it a shot. If it actually works please come back and let us all know. If you have the OBC to burn it's likely a good idea to use that once onboard rather than spending your money. Heck, if I had that kind of OBC I might well do the same thing.

Thanks.  LOL.  We weren't counting on it but thought I would ask here if it has happened to anyone.  It was actually a crew member on Emerald that told us this!  It doesn't hurt to ask. We do have a lot of OBC on this cruise and would like to use it that way.  Thanks for your honest reply.

12 minutes ago, Coral said:

They gave me $10 off. Not 10%.

I didn't ask for the $10. Someone thought it was a refund for shipping of the medallion. 

I doubt they are giving any discounts. This is not something Princess does with things compared to other lines (discounts on dinners, etc..).

drink.jpg

$10.00  LOL.  Thanks for sharing.  🙂

17 minutes ago, rcprncss said:

$10.00  LOL.  Thanks for sharing.  🙂

Yea - I couldn't figure it out but I wasn't going to ask and have them take it away from me.

Someone mentioned they thought it was reimbursement for shipping of medallions but I picked mine up at the pier. Others reported the same $10 credit. My Plus package was $660 for 11 nights but I had OBC for $600 of it.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Coral said:

I think February.

Interesting. So, we can purchase on board with OBC and if we purchase the Princess Protection we don’t the 8% on the package cost?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lhsail said:

Interesting. So, we can purchase on board with OBC and if we purchase the Princess Protection we don’t the 8% on the package cost?

That's assuming between now and sail date,

a) they don't discontinue the practice of first day sales, or

b) they don't increase the cost of the package.

• Like 1

Stupid question:  Just want to verify that you are buying the Plus fare package the first day which includes the gratuities, Internet, etc. rather than the Plus drink package which, of course, only includes the beverage portion. We pay for the Plus fare but would never pay for the drink package as a stand alone item.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Stupid question:  Just want to verify that you are buying the Plus fare package the first day which includes the gratuities, Internet, etc. rather than the Plus drink package which, of course, only includes the beverage portion. We pay for the Plus fare but would never pay for the drink package as a stand alone item.

Plus Fare. Included WIFI and Gratuities.

34 minutes ago, Thrak said:

This was for 11 nights:

image.png.2cf6d85f3e2e6f767f8d4170b7727dba.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Coral said:

Plus Fare. Included WIFI and Gratuities.

Thanks. That was what I thought but sometimes I'd rather ask and look stupid rather than fail to ask and actually be stupid. When we had annual 3 day meetings in the central office in Sacramento I was the one who would speak up and ask the jargon-heavy folks what exactly their acronym stew meant. The other members of the field staff always thanked me later because they also had no idea but were afraid to look "stupid" by asking. I was the oldest one of the group by far and didn't care what someone else thought. I asked the questions.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

This is what I am interesting in.  Didn't realize it was Plus Fare.  Thank you.  

3 hours ago, Tedferg said:

We bought Plus on first day and there was a small discount I forget the amount but $10 - 20 seems right. It was a line item for Plus on our account.

Apparently, it is a rebate for not having Medallions shipped.  I don't see the point myself, but if I was going to be getting the Plus package for us, I would definitely wait until embarkation day and order on board.

3 hours ago, jayred1 said:

That's assuming between now and sail date,

a) they don't discontinue the practice of first day sales, or

b) they don't increase the cost of the package.

(a) is highly unlikely as they are actively selling this to guests who do not already have the package.  It's not like the guest has to seek it out.

(b) there is sufficient notice of price increases that a guest could elect to add on the Plus prior to the sail date if they felt it worthwhile compared to being able to consume OBC.

Related to OP's question:

My next princess cruise is going to be the first with the plus/premier/whathaveyou packages. I already prepurchased the plus package, and will have a buttload of OBC to use. I was thinking of upgrading on the ship if that's a possibility. Do they offer a premier package upgrade from plus on embarkation day? Any idea of cost?