Explorer of the Seas Suite Dining Room?

We are sailing in a suite on the Explorer and wonder if there is a separate dining room similar to the Coastal Kitchen on the Oasis class ships? If not, what are the amenities for dinner for the suite guests?

36 minutes ago, Carol28 said:

We are sailing in a suite on the Explorer and wonder if there is a separate dining room similar to the Coastal Kitchen on the Oasis class ships? If not, what are the amenities for dinner for the suite guests?

No. 
None except you can order room service from the dining room menu during the hours it is open. 

3 minutes ago, gerif said:

No. 
None except you can order room service from the dining room menu during the hours it is open. 

Thank you. Too bad.  Does RCCL offer Chops for free on the first night? We just booked it for the first night in case they don't.  First nights in the dining room always seems to be disorganized.  I cannot figure why that is, but we try to avoid the first night there.

You can eat breakfast in chops instead of the windjammer in the morning. I don't know if you can actually order anything off a menu, I just recall being able to bring my plate from the buffet in there. The benefit is just that it provides additional seating when the windjammer is full. This was on the Freedom though, not on Explorer. They're not the same ship but they're similar so I'm not sure if the location of Chops is the same. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

You can eat breakfast in chops instead of the windjammer in the morning. I don't know if you can actually order anything off a menu, I just recall being able to bring my plate from the buffet in there. The benefit is just that it provides additional seating when the windjammer is full. This was on the Freedom though, not on Explorer. They're not the same ship but they're similar so I'm not sure if the location of Chops is the same. 

Yes.  You can order off a menu.  Not a "bring your own from the buffet" area.   Totally different set up from the Freedom.   And Chops is not near the WJ on EX like it is on Freedom.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, island lady said:

And Chops is not near the WJ on EX like it is on Freedom. 

Explorer and Adventure flipped the locations of Gios and Chops. On Adventure, Gio's is next to the WJ and Chops is on deck 4, and on EX it is the opposite, with Chops on 11 and Gio's on 4.

I'm just happy they both have both restaurants somewhere on board.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, sowhat said:

Explorer  of the Seas deck plan , windjammer  and chops

Point Blur_Jul052023_142852.jpg

On Freedom the entrance to Chops is inside the WJ area.   On this diagram it looks the same...but you cannot access the WJ from the starboard side.  Many would mistakenly come there, being confused and then directed over to the other side of the ship.  

19 hours ago, orville99 said:

Explorer and Adventure flipped the locations of Gios and Chops. On Adventure, Gio's is next to the WJ and Chops is on deck 4, and on EX it is the opposite, with Chops on 11 and Gio's on 4.

I'm just happy they both have both restaurants somewhere on board.

And Voyager is the same layout to Chops as EX.  

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

On Freedom the entrance to Chops is inside the WJ area.   On this diagram it looks the same...but you cannot access the WJ from the starboard side.  Many would mistakenly come there, being confused and then directed over to the other side of the ship.  

We were on Explorer of the Seas in May , you walk past the entrance of chops to go into the windjammer on the starboard side.

19 minutes ago, sowhat said:

We were on Explorer of the Seas in May , you walk past the entrance of chops to go into the windjammer on the starboard side.

Take a really good look at your diagram.   Chops is on the starboard side.  Entrance to WJ is on the port side.  They are not the same entrance.  If you are coming in from outside deck starboard side (back of pool deck), yes you will walk by entrance of Chops, which is really a hallway with a womens bathroom before you actually enter the double glass doors of Chops (which is always closed until they open them at breakfast hours)..from out there you will continue on past both sets of stairs and elevators, over to the other side for entrance of the WJ.  

Edited by island lady

Just now, orville99 said:

Consistent inconsistency - the hallmark of RCL😇

LOL.  That's for sure!   RCI:  Really Consistently Inconsistent.  😄 

We did love breakfast in Chops on both EX and Voyager.  Very quiet, nice service, great view. 

And nice to have it separated from the traffic going into WJ like Freedom class.  Spent a lovely 3 weeks each on both recently.  🙂 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

Take a really good look at your diagram.   Chops is on the starboard side.  Entrance to WJ is on the port side.  They are not the same entrance.  If you are coming in from outside deck starboard side (back of pool deck), yes you will walk by entrance of Chops, which is really a hallway with a womens bathroom before you actually enter the double glass doors of Chops (which is always closed until they open them at breakfast hours)..from out there you will continue on past both sets of stairs and elevators, over to the other side for entrance of the WJ.  

On Explorer  of the Seas the entrance  is in the centre,  just before the hand washing sinks.
So if you are facing into the windjammer, looking towards  to back of the ship, chops entrance  is on your left.
I will see if I have a photograph  of this area

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, sowhat said:

On Explorer  of the Seas the entrance  is in the centre,  just before the hand washing sinks.
So if you are facing into the windjammer, looking towards  to back of the ship, chops entrance  is on your left.
I will see if I have a photograph  of this area

OK...you do that.  😉 

• Haha 1

On 7/4/2023 at 7:58 PM, Carol28 said:

Skip the line seating for dining in the MDR with MTD. When entering the MDR, there will be a podium for guests with reservations (usually left side) and one for guests without. There will be a third podium 25-30 feet past the one on the left further into the dining room (I've seen the same setup on Harmony). They will take care of JS and above there from the best of my knowledge.

24 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

Skip the line seating for dining in the MDR with MTD. When entering the MDR, there will be a podium for guests with reservations (usually left side) and one for guests without. There will be a third podium 25-30 feet past the one on the left further into the dining room (I've seen the same setup on Harmony). They will take care of JS and above there from the best of my knowledge.

They had a separate line for suites on Mariner last week as well.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, island lady said:

Unfortunately no.  Junior suites are not full suites, and also cannot access the Concierge Lounge for full suites.  

How about diamond plus?  I know they have a diamond lounge but what about breakfast?

12 minutes ago, sharonlacey said:

How about diamond plus?  I know they have a diamond lounge but what about breakfast?

Diamond plus may access the Diamond Lounge only, not the CL (or the SL on ships that have them), unless they are in a full suite (GS and above).   Breakfast in the DL is simply a light buffet in the Lounge, with juice and coffee.   

Suggest the MDR, which is nice for breakfast with no reservations required for breakfast.  Or your other choice is the Windjammer buffet.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1