BTimmer's Almost Live Land/Sea Alaska Cruise (7/23/23-8/25/23)

Btimmer

2 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@Btimmer...OMG what great photos!

Can you share with us if the Noordam has BB Kings on board? 

Looking at cruising Alaska during shoulder season and Noordam is one of the ship choices.

TIA

Susan

BBKing is gone on all HAL ships.  On the Noordam it's called the Rolling Stone Lounge and plays similar styles of music.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

That is sad, we really enjoyed that venue, they are talented musicians.

The current musicians and singers are much the same level of talent as the BBKings ones.  In fact, we saw some of the BBKings entertainers on our two last cruises playing/singing at the Rolling Stone Lounge. It really is much the same, just a bit broader.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SilvertoGold said:

The current musicians and singers are much the same level of talent as the BBKings ones.  In fact, we saw some of the BBKings entertainers on our two last cruises playing/singing at the Rolling Stone Lounge. It really is much the same, just a bit broader.

I totally agree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love the pic of your grandson getting sworn in as a Jr Park Ranger, the look on his face, precious.

The video is so cool with the ship appearing in the mist!  (Wish the ranger had his finger out of the shot 🤣)

Thank you for taking us along.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Btimmer said:

BBKing is gone on all HAL ships.  On the Noordam it's called the Rolling Stone Lounge and plays similar styles of music.

Not true.  BBKing's is still on the Pinnacle and Signature class ships, so 5 of the fleet.  It changed over to Rolling Stone Lounge on the 4 Vista ships.  I don't believe it was ever present on Volendam/Zaandam.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, wdw1972 said:

Not true.  BBKing's is still on the Pinnacle and Signature class ships, so 5 of the fleet.  It changed over to Rolling Stone Lounge on the 4 Vista ships.  I don't believe it was ever present on Volendam/Zaandam.

Sue/WDW1972

Thanks for the clarification.

1 minute ago, Btimmer said:

Thanks for the clarification.

And thank you for all your blogging - it's a pleasure following along and your grandson is adorable!  What a nice tradition to do a cruise with each grandkid.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1

What have the temperatures been like? It looks pretty warm, no one bundled up too much . We are leaving in two weeks and am confused on what all to pack. Watched all the packing videos, etc. but more confused than ever, especially see your grandson in tshirt and shorts!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Murt22 said:

What have the temperatures been like? It looks pretty warm, no one bundled up too much . We are leaving in two weeks and am confused on what all to pack. Watched all the packing videos, etc. but more confused than ever, especially see your grandson in tshirt and shorts!

For the most part our temperatures have been in the 60's & low 70's.  I wore a T-shirt and shorts all day today in Glacier Bay although most passengers dressed like a snow storm just happened.  Pack lightly but have layers available including rain gear (not just an umbrella).  While I haven't used it, I have a compact down jacket with me. Cargo pants work well for me and one long sleeve travel shirt.

Edited by Btimmer
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Btimmer said:

We received our tiles today.  They are very different from the prior ones.

IMG_5122.thumb.jpeg.8ce976dc533eff0f9d366f4c94cd3070.jpeg

A new tile to add to collection.  If its the same on all ships, we will have a few when the year is over.