Chase/AMEX Carnival Offers

Calnev1

Travel bloggers are reporting that AMEX and Chase credit cards are out with new Carnival offers.  The AMEX offer is $250 cash back (or 25k Membership Rewards points) on $1,000 in spend.   The Chase offer is either 10% or 15% back on a Carnival purchase.  Unfortunately, the only offer I received was the Chase 10% back offer, which is about equivalent to the AARP discount on Carnival gift cards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Calnev1 said:

Travel bloggers are reporting that AMEX and Chase credit cards are out with new Carnival offers.  The AMEX offer is $250 cash back (or 25k Membership Rewards points) on $1,000 in spend.   The Chase offer is either 10% or 15% back on a Carnival purchase.  Unfortunately, the only offer I received was the Chase 10% back offer, which is about equivalent to the AARP discount on Carnival gift cards.

I have the Chase offer on my debit card but not on my credit card with them. It seems to be random when and where they appear. 

1 hour ago, Calnev1 said:

Travel bloggers are reporting that AMEX and Chase credit cards are out with new Carnival offers.  The AMEX offer is $250 cash back (or 25k Membership Rewards points) on $1,000 in spend.   

Hi @Calnev1🙂

I received the Amex offer, however it appears that the Amex offer reached its enrollment limit & is no longer available. 

⬇️Here's a recent Cruise Critic thread⬇️

🍹

Thank you, Calnev1!  I have not had an Amex offer in quite a while, probably because of the $1,735 I have already received in cruise offers since 2016. But I had the 15% off on my Chase Freedom and have paid off my December cruise that was due in early September.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ober134 said:

My Chase has 15% offer. Figures we just paid off our upcoming cruise. Does this include excursions and drink pkg? It doesn't specifically state in the fine print.

The Chase offer reads to me like it includes any charge directly with Carnival.  I will use the Chase CC with the Carnival offer to back my sail and sign account.   I will use Carnival gift cards to cover most of my S&S charges, but I always let some of the charges flow through to the CC because I don't want to depend on Carnival to refund me any extra gift card balance.  BTW, the Chase offer requires no minimum spend to get the cash back.