Cutbacks on full suite experience?

karelboy

8 hours ago, Ombud said:

I don't sail in a suite so maybe the menu is different? But when I go to my app I can see the MDR dinner menu for the entire cruise once onboard. Just not the 'supplemental' vegan menu. The TV only shows the current days menu which isn't that helpful if trying to figure out which day to go to Sabatinis 

Suites can have the MDR dishes delivered to the suite if they don’t want to go to MDR. What they don’t tell you is since all courses are delivered at once the hot/cold ratio does get screwed up

• Haha 1

Well now you may to pay 5 bucks when you order room service with the new "Casual Dining" charges Princess will be implementing next month. The press release says Plus and Premier guests will have the charge waived, nothing said it would be waived for Suite Guests who are not on those packages. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shirazcruiser said:

We sailed in a Penthouse on Sky in May and received a full bottle of sparkling wine and a large floral arrangement on embarkation day.  I was surprised since we usually receive 2 demi bottles.  I suspected we received these items since we weren't notified in advance that our suite was modified during the May drydock to a semi-handicap cabin with a bolted down foldable seat/bench and heavy metal grab rails in the standup shower.  

If you don’t mind me asking, do you remember what that stateroom number is?

3 hours ago, hobo1937 said:

Well now you may to pay 5 bucks when you order room service with the new "Casual Dining" charges Princess will be implementing next month. The press release says Plus and Premier guests will have the charge waived, nothing said it would be waived for Suite Guests who are not on those packages. 

I doubt suites will be charged. Suite amenities are listed under their perks and not under the plus/premium packages 

4 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

I doubt suites will be charged. Suite amenities are listed under their perks and not under the plus/premium packages 

According to the webinar, suite guests on the standard plan will still have to pay $5 for room service deliveries.

6 minutes ago, jwattle said:

According to the webinar, suite guests on the standard plan will still have to pay $5 for room service deliveries.

Well, that’s disappointing for suites…fortunately we always get the plus package. Could you kindly tell me what the webinar is? 

Edited by shirazcruiser
  • Like 1

Just now, shirazcruiser said:

Well, that’s disappointing.  Could you tell me what the webinar is? 

They had a webinar today, directed at Travel Advisors but open to all, that covered the new updates to Plus and Premier. 🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

They had a webinar today, directed at Travel Advisors but open to all, that covered the new updates to Plus and Premier. 🙂

@shirazcruiser Check out this thread about the changes announced during today's webinar: 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2953304-can-anyone-explain-the-new-casual-dining-charges-merged-with-princess-adds-casual-dining/

2 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

Well, that’s disappointing for suites…fortunately we always get the plus package. Could you kindly tell me what the webinar is? 

Gut feeling, like you and us, the large majority of guest paying $ for full suites (not mini-suites) also get the inclusive packages so not an issue using room service.

Perhaps someone in a full suite paying the standard fee might chime in?

Cheers

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

Gut feeling, like you and us, the large majority of guest paying $ for full suites (not mini-suites) also get the inclusive packages so not an issue using room service.

Perhaps someone in a full suite paying the standard fee might chime in?

Cheers

We are booked in a suite on standard fare, but not until November. We get our coffee at breakfast and in the concierge lounge.  Since we don't drink  a lot, it makes more sense for us to use the platinum wifi discount. We have enough obc to cover crew appreciation and extra drinks.  We will be less likely to order room service and ocean now.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, donswife said:

We are booked in a suite on standard fare, but not until November. We get our coffee at breakfast and in the concierge lounge.  Since we don't drink  a lot, it makes more sense for us to use the platinum wifi discount. We have enough obc to cover crew appreciation and extra drinks.  We will be less likely to order room service and ocean now.

That is us as well. As elite we get 2 mini bars in a suite. Specialty dining first night and great club class dining.   Suite breakfast includes specialty coffees and bubbly. We get 2 waters a day but I order cases for $7 pre cruise to supplement.  If we sail Royal class the concierge lounge has waters, beers, canned, sodas, high quality booze & ok wine. It’s a lesser experience on the Grand class.  But still no need for a package. For what you pay in a suite you really shouldn’t need to pay more for a package. 1

Princess removing free room service (MDR and regular) from the suite perks would be a grave error. Getting lobster on formal night delivered hot to your room so you can eat it on your balcony watching sunset sailing out of Mauai makes the $400-$500 per person per day price tag a bit more worth it.  Without this perk I might still sail Princess in a cheaper cabin for itinerary if it was really exceptional but I would not give them my “Suite” level money. 

• Like 3

Agree with HaveDogwilltravel.  Our last several cruises balcony and mini suite rooms were filthy, did put in survey, never heard back.  Took cleaning supplies and cleaned and dusted.  The sinks and tubs were disgusting as well, friends cabins same.  Shouldn’t have to ask for room to be vacuumed on embarkation day though.  They do have cabin people who clean the cabins, remove linens for them after we leave our cabins.  Finally in a full suite again next year knowing of the cut backs, want to experience 360 restaurant and see if concierge lounge is up to par with other lines.  
I do always tip $5 to $10 for room service delivery person, won’t affect me.  Not surprised as on a recent cruise room service was swamped with delivering so many items to rooms and plates everywhere outside doors.

I know this question is off topic, but hopefully some of you other experienced suite guests reading along could answer my question... We've sailed on many B2B saililngs, but recently made a single booking for a suite on a 21 day Europe Sun Princess sailing that is also sold in 3 separate 7 day segments. I assumed I would receive 2 minibar setups (we're Elite) and 1 speciality dining; however, my CC account reflects 6 credits.  I've read others say under these circumstances they received multiple minibar setups as if they booked separate segments, but only 1 dinner....inconsistent!  Have any of you experienced this type of suite booking?  Thanks for any info. 

34 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

I know this question is off topic, but hopefully some of you other experienced suite guests reading along could answer my question... We've sailed on many B2B saililngs, but recently made a single booking for a suite on a 21 day Europe Sun Princess sailing that is also sold in 3 separate 7 day segments. I assumed I would receive 2 minibar setups (we're Elite) and 1 speciality dining; however, my CC account reflects 6 credits.  I've read others say under these circumstances they received multiple minibar setups as if they booked separate segments, but only 1 dinner....inconsistent!  Have any of you experienced this type of suite booking?  Thanks for any info. 

Just coming off a b2b on Sky. Booked as 1x21 nights, a14 and 7 night.Showed as 4 credits and got 4 minibars and 2 speciality dining We are elite too.

1 minute ago, maiseric said:

Just coming off a b2b on Sky. Booked as 1x21 nights, a14 and 7 night.Showed as 4 credits and got 4 minibars and 2 speciality dining We are elite too.

Thank you for responding!  6 minibars and 3 specialty dinners! I'll trade the minibars for wine...but how much wine do we need with the plus package and the reserve lounge?  I do look forward to the 3 dinners though.

• Like 1