Time to airport

Mocsab

Returning to Seattle on Sep 22, Norwegian says Seattle at 6 am so with disembarking do I have enough time  if my flight out of Seattle is at 11:28 ?

Are there taxis at pier 66 ?

57 minutes ago, Mocsab said:

Returning to Seattle on Sep 22, Norwegian says Seattle at 6 am so with disembarking do I have enough time  if my flight out of Seattle is at 11:28 ?

you can make it to the airport, but getting thru the long security lines at SeaTac might be another story.  Be one of the first to walk off ( probably around 7-ish).  Just remember, many other cruise ships, with thousands of people, will be disembarking the same time/day.  Most of those thousands of passengers will have the same idea as you ( get to the airport asap for my before noon flight).  So you can understand if the security lines might be long

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mocsab said:

No problem making that flight. Remember that there is very limited/no pick up at the terminal and the street is normally clogged with trucks waiting with provisions for the next cruise so Ubers are hard to get. 

You can try and drag your stuff across the street to the Marriott. 

Edited by BirdTravels

Always judge by the time you have to be at the AP not what time the flight takes off.  Yes, there will be taxis in the general area but what if you are late getting back to port?  Are you able to self disembark carrying all of your belongings?   What is there is an accident on the way to the airport clogging the roads?   there is a light rail from the westfield mall to the AP; we always take that when in Seattle.   Do you have pre-check or clear?  I wouldn't try this without that.  

There is a reason the cruise lines suggest flights no earlier than 5 hours after your scheduled time of arrival.  

It all depends on your risk tolerance.  Remember if you miss your flight, the airline only has to put you on the next available flight with seats not the very next flight.  You could be stuck through the next day.  

Edited by trish1c

2 hours ago, Mocsab said:

Welcome to CC.   If you want to save a bit of time and hassle with luggage take advantage of the free ship to airport service that the Port of Seattle offers.

https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mocsab said:

Rough rule of  thumb:  if you have to ask if your flight is too early, it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9/22 is a Friday, so I say this isn't a wise flight time choice.  If it were a Sunday, sure, because there's way less traffic.  Pier 66 is a one ship terminal, but it's a crowded and tricky area.  For that date, I would shoot for 12:30pm or later from SeaTac.  Or spend the night across the street at the Waterfront Marriott and head out the next morning.

4 hours ago, Mocsab said:

Returning to Seattle on Sep 22, Norwegian says Seattle at 6 am so with disembarking do I have enough time  if my flight out of Seattle is at 11:28 ? Are there taxis at pier 66 ?

Your flight time is fine.

wrt to other suggestions, I would never, in my wildest dreams, plan for the ship to be late arriving on the 2 hour trip from Victoria to Seattle,,, that's just me. In my two examples below, the bus transfer took 25 min in light traffic and 55 minutes in heavy traffic. 

This was our timeline from last year 2022

7:35 leave stateroom

7:45 in the cruise terminal

8:00 picked up bags in luggage hall, through Customs, on transfer bus, Leaving port. 

(basically kept walking without delays from our stateroom)

8:55 arrive SEA bus terminal (lots of traffic)

9:15 checked bags, through airport TSA security and in airport waiting area.

Note: Uber XL was $81+tip and Lyft XL was 68+tip at the time we got out

This was our (less detailed) timeline from 2021

8:45 left stateroom 

9:27 arrive SEA via cruise line transfer (about 25 min drive)

10:09 checked in bags and through airport TSA security and in airport waiting area. 

Note: Uber XL and Lyft XL were $63+tip at the time we got out.

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Your flight time is fine.

wrt to other suggestions, I would never, in my wildest dreams, plan for the ship to be late arriving on the 2 hour trip from Victoria to Seattle,,, that's just me. In my two examples below, the bus transfer took 25 min in light traffic and 55 minutes in heavy traffic. 

Ship might not be late but other things can happen. Was on the Sun a few months ago.  Dock workers having a work slow-down. I had priority luggage tags, had to wait in line well over an hour after tag color called - and those with NCL transfers or with non-priority tags had to wait behind priority tags.  So ship wasn't late but anyone waiting for luggage was delayed  - walk-offs were fine.