Yacht club restaurant MDR menu

gizfish

2 hours ago, gizfish said:

Not a seafood fan, and am intrigued by many of the MDR menu offerings.  Would I be able to have food from the MDR served to me in the yacht club restaurant?

I'm not fond of seafood either, but I had no problem finding plenty of good options each day...

• Like 1

In YC you can request whatever you want. They will always try to accommodate. Don't worry about any menu at any venue -- just ask for what you want. They may not have it available without a bit of notice, but they will work with you. We had lamb chops and filets in the YC from Butcher's Cut several times that were delicious! (And they love to get those for you because they get extra for themselves to have as well.)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mark_T said:

I'm not fond of seafood either, but I had no problem finding plenty of good options each day...

Lol I should have added not fond of veal or lamb either.  There are many daily YC menus that I cannot find something I like other than the always available things, and that will get old quickly.  The MDR menus however often have multiple things I would like.  I'm used to NCL Haven where they will get you anything you want as long as it's available somewhere at that time.  

2 hours ago, gizfish said:

I'm used to NCL Haven where they will get you anything you want as long as it's available somewhere at that time.  

It is not so very different in YC, I would suggest talking to the Maitra d' when you get on board and you'll find they are willing to do whatever they can to make the cruise a great experience for you, but the distance between the kitchens can make it impractical to just go grab something from the MDR, but they will prepare something different for you with a little notice.

3 hours ago, Mark_T said:

It is not so very different in YC, I would suggest talking to the Maitra d' when you get on board and you'll find they are willing to do whatever they can to make the cruise a great experience for you, but the distance between the kitchens can make it impractical to just go grab something from the MDR, but they will prepare something different for you with a little notice.

I asked at he beginning if it would be an inconvenience & was also told that they would have to send one of their waiters to the other kitchen. Although he did not say it but the implication is that it would hold up everyone else's meal till that waiter returned.

We have,especially on Italian night, actually gone to the main dining room for dinner.

6 hours ago, gizfish said:

I'm used to NCL Haven where they will get you anything you want as long as it's available somewhere at that time.  

Funny how everyone's experience is different. Our experience of the Haven restaurant was its monotonous menu for me, DW did not care. She had a standing pre order of grilled chicken breast and one baked potato every evening which took 2 hours to arrive every evening. Was advised on the NCL Board on CC that one could order from any specialty restaurant and have it delivered to the Haven restaurant if pre ordered. NOT TRUE. I was refused. Paying $9,071 for cabin #9316 Penthouse with large balcony and not getting what others raved about ? Sorry, but MSC here we come.

And for those of you out there that complain about our tipping. It was on this cruise that we learned that the maitre 'ds can be changed at a moments notice, so tipping in advance is futile. 

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 1

Ask to see the menus (both YC and MDR) for the NEXT DAY and place your order accordingly.  In addition set a time that you will be coming to dinner.  So if you see Dish X on the MDR menu (tomorrow's menu) that you want, ask for it and let them know you will be dining at 7:00 for example.  That way they can plan for it and hold it for you.  

If you try to do this MID-SERVICE (same day) expect either a "no" or a rather delayed service --- which will also impact every other table in the YC Dining room as someone will have to leave their station to try to do this.  

They are feeding 5000 people plus 1500 crew 3 x a day.    (4x a day for the cruisers....)

• Like 3