Apex Live — July 31

What A Market

1 hour ago, Trixie21 said:

Hi

Following your thread as we have now Apex booked for next year. 

Would you be able to post copies at some stage of menus from the 4 main dining rooms ? Juwt one days to give me an idea of what they are like.

Thank you for taking the timeout from your cruise to do this live thread!

You can also go into the Celebrity app and see all the MDR menus. Also know they most likely will change before you cruise next year.

4 hours ago, Trixie21 said:

Hi

Following your thread as we have now Apex booked for next year. 

Would you be able to post copies at some stage of menus from the 4 main dining rooms ? Juwt one days to give me an idea of what they are like.

Thank you for taking the timeout from your cruise to do this live thread!

I apologize in advance for the lighting: 

Tuscan Day 6 

IMG_3779.jpeg

IMG_3780.jpeg

Edited by scrapcreator
  • Thanks 2

On 7/31/2023 at 7:48 AM, What A Market said:

No signage outside for the Retreat guests. Fortunately, their were a couple of people yelling for Retreat guests and getting you situated in a specific line. 

My experience at the Rotterdam cruiseport is you need to be PROACTIVE and ask Questions. There were many instances where it wasn't clear where to go or what the next steps were unless you asked someone, and this was the case both on embarkation and disembarkation. If we didn't specifically ask whether as Elite Plus we were able to board the ship immediately after check-in they would have just directed us to sit down and wait. In other words I didn't find the check-in staff at Rotterdam particularly proactive.  

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

On 8/3/2023 at 5:55 AM, pilgrimtraveler said:

We had to be rather assertive in getting to the final retreat check-in sign.

Our experience as well at the Rotterdam Cruise port with all aspects of embarkation and disembarkation. 

On 8/4/2023 at 7:13 AM, Boatharbour said:

It depends on where you’re sitting though. We had a table for two last week next to the exterior windows and couldn’t hear any noise thing from the central atrium. 

I can confirm that. 

2 hours ago, Crazy planning mom said:

I am only seeing the kids menu on the app.

That can often happen before they load the menus for your cruise.   Suggest you check the same ship but the current sailing. 

2 hours ago, Crazy planning mom said:

I am only seeing the kids menu on the app.

I am now getting the same on our Apex cruise next month, only the kids menu shows up until I go to day 4 or 5 of the cruise. Must be another Celebrity IT glitch or they are making changes on the menus. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

That can often happen before they load the menus for your cruise.   Suggest you check the same ship but the current sailing. 

Our sailing next month has the same issue with Kids menu only showing until day 5 of the cruise.

Edited by terrydtx

1 hour ago, scrapcreator said:

Normandie Day 3

IMG_3517.jpeg

IMG_3518.jpeg

scrapcreator - thanks very much for posting these menus.  I have compared to my app for our upcoming cruise and they are the same, so that is good.

Do you happen to know what time the boarding first opens at Rotterdam terminal?  We received 11:30am, but wondering if that is the 1st time or does it open earlier?  Trying to arrange our transportation/timing of arrival.

Thanks,

Canuck

6 hours ago, hcat said:

We  did that on BEYOND one night....so much better than Luminae!  We had no line, no issues, a great view and  an excellent dinner all around! 

I agree.  Luminae really did nothing for us.  After we had lunch there on embarkation day, we found other places to eat, usually Blu.  We had breakfast in Blu most days and dinner several nights.  When the F&B director noticed that we weren't dining in Luminae, he asked why and encouraged us to give it another chance.  We ate dinner there on the last night of our cruise.  We still weren't impressed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CanuckCruizer said:

scrapcreator - thanks very much for posting these menus.  I have compared to my app for our upcoming cruise and they are the same, so that is good.

Do you happen to know what time the boarding first opens at Rotterdam terminal?  We received 11:30am, but wondering if that is the 1st time or does it open earlier?  Trying to arrange our transportation/timing of arrival.

Thanks,

Canuck

We had the “earliest” boarding time of 11:30 am at Rotterdam on July 31st. We got there just after that and there was a long line already for luggage and no one seemed to be looking at check in time. 🤷‍♀️ So I can’t tell you when they opened the doors.Try to find a porter to hand off your already tagged luggage.

7 minutes ago, scrapcreator said:

We had the “earliest” boarding time of 11:30 am at Rotterdam on July 31st. We got there just after that and there was a long line already for luggage and no one seemed to be looking at check in time. 🤷‍♀️ So I can’t tell you when they opened the doors.Try to find a porter to hand off your already tagged luggage.

scrapcreator - thanks for your reply - appreciate it.  Yes - we always use porters but hard to do if there are none.  Hoping our transfer guy can assist.  Thanks for the heads up!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise and of course, you too, What a Market!

Canuck

8 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

Coughing, hacking, wheezing, and sneezing.  If it became as pervasive as @What A Market suggests, I would put on mine.

Sounds like most common cold symptoms. Unless it's a covid breakout and mandated by the ship, no way. 

Edited by doghog

I used the masking emoji just to start a riot with those that enjoy such things. Lol

But no, no masking really happening. 
Some people wearing  masks as a personal choice, I guess. Very few. They probably did day one. Cool by me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Traveling Man said:

I agree.  Luminae really did nothing for us.  After we had lunch there on embarkation day, we found other places to eat, usually Blu.  We had breakfast in Blu most days and dinner several nights.  When the F&B director noticed that we weren't dining in Luminae, he asked why and encouraged us to give it another chance.  We ate dinner there on the last night of our cruise.  We still weren't impressed.

I suspected we were not the only ones who felt that way.  Luminae was created after the great success of BLU  but never enticed us!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scrapcreator said:

porters  can make a big diff pre and especially  post cruise!

• Like 1