Drinking problem

Wblotner

17 hours ago, ldtr said:

We do the same. Don't forget the free wine tasting.

Since most sail with some sort of package, is the wine tasting crowded recently?

We haven't been there since the end of the shot glasses.

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Since most sail with some sort of package, is the wine tasting crowded recently?

We haven't been there since the end of the shot glasses.

The free one for Elite is usually pretty busy. Cannot say about any others.

Edited by ldtr

9 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Also, sharing is an unavoidable reality of all inclusive offerings on cruise ships. It’s why most lines require both adults in a cabin to carry the same plan. Sharing in the MDR can be difficult, but anywhere else it is easy to order and hand a drink to your travel companion. So, to save money but still enjoy the gluttony of prepaid drinks (alcoholic and non alcoholic) you have people planning to share and save. So many people are not up to task to drink 15 alcoholic beverages a day … but cut that number in half and you will find a lot of people that think 7-8 drinks per day sounds right. 

On our last cruise during trivia there was so much sharing that drinks were being refused.

Even people with any package had their fill. 

• Haha 1

On 7/29/2023 at 12:35 PM, david63 said:

Just make the cruises all inclusive and all such problems go away.

What a terrible idea !

So non-drinkers pay for all the boozers?

All-inclusive hotels or holidays should never have been invented.

Please pay for your own drinks David.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

That is their goal

That was my point. I am the type to try and get my monies worth but not big on alcohol. I see a lot of juice bar stops and mocktails in my future. So long as I don't have to scan my medallion and incur a fee to use the restrooms I should be fine.😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Musky Ike said:

That was my point. I am the type to try and get my monies worth but not big on alcohol. I see a lot of juice bar stops and mocktails in my future. So long as I don't have to scan my medallion and incur a fee to use the restrooms I should be fine.😀

We're in the same situation right now & we have the plus package at the old $50 per day price. My DH wants to go ahead with it while I don't. They've priced the package right at the point of breaking even IF you're a drinker, which I'm not. He'll have to drink my portion of the package. 😄

Decisions, decisions.

image.png.484de35ee49f6b82209349bfea11e4bf.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

We're in the same situation right now & we have the plus package at the old $50 per day price

We have plus 50 on our next cruise and then plus 60 after that. On the app for our next cruise when I click on the packages tab it shows as the plus 60. The travel summary in the personalizer shows the plus 50. More Princess contradicting information. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/29/2023 at 11:14 AM, tonit964 said:

The cruise lines did not create the drink/all inclusive packages for the convenience of the passengers.

It's to make money and they found that out with the drink packages, otherwise they would have discontinued them.

That's why you have to get them for the duration of the cruise, no picking and choosing which days you want it.

They know that there a lot of people that don't drink alcohol for various reasons but there's a reason they did not create an all inclusive package for them. Drinks are the money maker.

Makes me want to just order the alcoholic drinks and pour them out just for spite 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mittens101 said:

Makes me want to just order the alcoholic drinks and pour them out just for spite 

You can do whatever you want with your allotted 15 alcoholic drinks. Sometimes I order something I don’t care for. I leave it at the bar and order something else. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

You can do whatever you want with your allotted 15 alcoholic drinks. Sometimes I order something I don’t care for. I leave it at the bar and order something else. 

Agree.  Good way to try a particular cocktail that you heard about.  If you don't like it, leave it and get something you like.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ssawjo said:

Agree.  Good way to try a particular cocktail that you heard about.  If you don't like it, leave it and get something you like.  

Or mocktail/soft drink or juice bar item or premium dessert. I just was raised not to waste.  So I will usually finish it and then try something else to wash the taste away.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mittens101 said:

Where are you planning to pour them out ?  At the bar might be considered irrational behavior and have security show up

2 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

Or mocktail/soft drink or juice bar item or premium dessert. I just was raised not to waste.  So I will usually finish it and then try something else to wash the taste away.

My mom would make me finish my dinner because some children were starving in some other country. 

“Finish that cocktail. There are sober hobos in some third world country …”

(My apologies to sober people and hobos everywhere for the stereotypes …)

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Rufford155 said:

What a terrible idea !

So non-drinkers pay for all the boozers?

All-inclusive hotels or holidays should never have been invented.

Please pay for your own drinks David.

It doesn’t exactly work this way. By that logic, vegetarians would be asking others to pay for their own meat. Where does that stop?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

It doesn’t exactly work this way. By that logic, vegetarians would be asking others to pay for their own meat. Where does that stop?

As a vegetarian I’m good with others paying for their own meat 

• Haha 1