Vista suite guest with Princess Premier-restaurant booking?

cwmcaa

First time doing a vista suite on any Princess ship.  We have previous suite experience on RC where we had all our specialty dining and bookings taken care of once we went to the suite lounge onboard on the first day.  How does Princess handle specialty dining and even booking a sanctuary day?  I admit, switching cruise lines has me feeling like a fish out of water.  😉

Any suite advice would be greatly appreciated.  

Edited by cwmcaa

2 minutes ago, cwmcaa said:

First time doing a vista suite on any Princess ship.  We have previous suite experience on RC where we had all our specialty dining and bookings taken care of once we went to the suite lounge onboard on the first day.  How does Princess handle specialty dining and even booking a sanctuary day?  I admit, switching cruise lines has me feeling like a fish out of water.  😉

Any suite advice would be greatly appreciated.  

Please let us know which ship you will be on.  The Royal class ships have a concierge snd lounge who can help you make those reservations. Since you are in a full suite you will automatically get a free specialty dinner the first night. If you are on a ship without a concierge lounge just call the dine line and they will set you up

5 minutes ago, cwmcaa said:

Discovery Princess.  Sorry, I should have included that.  

Then you will have a concierge lounge there will be info in your cabin to give their phone number and you will have a card that allows you to access the lounge 

4 minutes ago, memoak said:

Then you will have a concierge lounge there will be info in your cabin to give their phone number and you will have a card that allows you to access the lounge 

Just to make sure I understand, I do not have to make any reservations for specialty dining prior to embarkment because the concierge will do that onboard?  Does the concierge book sanctuary reservations at well?  

Discovery Princess has a concierge lounge on deck 14 which is quite a good walk from your Vista Suite. You also indicate you have the premier fare. There are 3 special restaurants on the Discovery, Crown Grill, Sabatini's, Bistro Sur La Mer.

As a full suite passenger you will automatically receive a comp dinner in one of the specialty restaurants on boarding day evening. Additionally you will receive two additional free specialty dinners because you booked the premier fare. You can book these dinners on line pre-cruise in the dine my way app. The way the program should work is that it will indicate there is a charge directly to your credit card, but in the end it should subtract out the charge for a zero balance. I would go ahead and book on line. I would not wait until you board because the Crown Grill and Sabatini's get filled up. The concierge can certainly help with any issues once on board. You also have the special full suite breakfast available to you at Sabatini's each morning. No reservations required, just walk in. It is one of the nicest full suite benefits. You can also have dinner each evening and lunch on sea days in the Reserve section of the deck 6 Skagway DR. This is anytime dining. Just walk up and you should be promptly seated.

So much good info, thank you so much.  I was told by my travel agent that suite guests automatically get the 360 restaurant, this has made me hesitant to book any other restaurants because I don’t want to screw that up. I guess I will try to go ahead and book Sabatini's and Crown Grill just to be safe and then discuss with the concierge once on board.  This is a big anniversary trip so going all out.  Any tips on how to get on the chef’s table list?  

2 minutes ago, cwmcaa said:

So much good info, thank you so much.  I was told by my travel agent that suite guests automatically get the 360 restaurant, this has made me hesitant to book any other restaurants because I don’t want to screw that up. I guess I will try to go ahead and book Sabatini's and Crown Grill just to be safe and then discuss with the concierge once on board.  This is a big anniversary trip so going all out.  Any tips on how to get on the chef’s table list?  

When the call you to set up the 360 dinner they will ask you what date and sitting you would like. There are 2 sittings of 20 people per day

Just now, memoak said:

When the call you to set up the 360 dinner they will ask you what date and sitting you would like. There are 2 sittings of 20 people per day

Thank you so much!

4 minutes ago, worldtraveller said:

How far in advance of the cruise do they contact you about the 360 dining experience and is it always by phone or do they email too?

I have always gotten a call once even while I was on a different cruise. Anywhere from 2-5 weeks out. The calls came from Ocean Navigators

Edited by memoak

On 7/30/2023 at 5:47 PM, memoak said:
On 7/30/2023 at 5:43 PM, worldtraveller said:

How far in advance of the cruise do they contact you about the 360 dining experience and is it always by phone or do they email too?

I have always gotten a call once even while I was on a different cruise. Anywhere from 2-5 weeks out. The calls came from Ocean Navigators

@memoak can you describe more of what the 360 dinner is like?  Specifically with regard to menu? 

We are booked on the Enchanted in a suite in February and are definitely interested in it.  Worried, though, that we may be too fussy as we're pescatarians -- wouldn't want to be 'that couple' that didn't eat most of the courses should they not have options.....

1 hour ago, JGmf said:

@memoak can you describe more of what the 360 dinner is like?  Specifically with regard to menu? 

We are booked on the Enchanted in a suite in February and are definitely interested in it.  Worried, though, that we may be too fussy as we're pescatarians -- wouldn't want to be 'that couple' that didn't eat most of the courses should they not have options.....

Spoiler alert!: there's a detailed cruisecritic article here which describes the different 360 courses.  I have heard they ask you about food allergies when they call with the invitation and the article mentions it caters for vegans and vegetarians so I'm sure they can accommodate your preferences. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2023 at 11:12 AM, cwmcaa said:

Does the concierge book sanctuary reservations at well?  

Generally, no.  And, it wouldn't help you anyway in some cases by the time you get to them.  

Where are you sailing to and from what port?  When are you planning to arrive for check-in to board the ship?  Both are critical considerations as to success in getting Sanctuary loungers.  If you were springing for the high-priced cabanas, you might have some leeway with time.

If Port Everglades to the Caribbean, the Sanctuary will be sold out within mere minutes after general boarding has begun.  

Speaking of PE in FL, Princess started something not too long ago at an off-site location on 17th St near the primary PE Terminal 2 for Princess.  They were inviting Suite guests there to check-in and avoid the terminal crowds.  There was a lounge with some noshing and also ship representatives there who would get the check-in done and could also handle some reservations - and this included the Sanctuary and things like Chef Table.  At the time, it was unclear how many loungers were set aside for this purpose, but any such reservations would have to be getting arranged before the boarding commenced at the terminal, or the initial rush would get to the Sanctuary and claim remaining inventory.  (One of the extra challenges with Sanctuary for the Caribbean sector is that there are often B2B guests  and they always have first dibs on re-upping for the next voyage before any new guest set foot on the ship). 

Obviously arriving late to the off-site Suite check-in would not help with Sanctuary.  Once boarding started at the terminal, Suite guests were shuttled over in luxury vehicles and their bags that would normally go to a porter at the curb, were separately taken over to the ship (and I imagine hustled up to their suites). 

I have not seen any member of this Forum post about this Suite check-in location or process since it kicked-off, so I have no idea if it even still exists.  But something to keep an eye out for a notice or invitation if you are departing from PE.

(I'd be happy to read any current reports about the off-site check-in if it is still in operation and what all goes on in terms of Sanctuary reservations).

• Like 1