Scammy tactic or Idiotic web design?

leyland1989

or both? 

From my pervious experience, I am well aware that they will try selling you drink packages on cruise planner even when you booked "All inclusive" fare. 

We decided to splurge on a suite this time and booking directly with celebrity cruise. The retreat fare we booked should include tips, but every time I logged in to captain club and go into "manage my reservation", it will prompt me "Please pay your balance to ensure that your reservation is not canceled." and The Prepaid Tips option is checked under the Add-ons tab that I'm owing them a few hundred dollars on prepaid tips. 

image.thumb.png.c8b0d006ab28d6bfe3520f34ae494be0.png

I cannot tell if they are trying to scam me for money by threatening to cancel my booking or just incompetent IT like they always do. 

Edited by leyland1989
typing on my phone is hard.

The selling drink packages in the cruise planner even when you have as we both know has been that way forever.  However the gratuities showing as not paid when they are in the price would cause me to call unless you booked in the past few days.  When you book their system adds all $ for all the components of the price ( fare, drinks, wi-fi, gratuity, taxes and fees) then they go back and do a credit to offset the charge for the included items.  This can take a couple of days to go through.  If you have booked over a week ago it could be that the credit of the gratuity charge was missed.

Edited by jelayne
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Leyland 1989:  This happened to us last spring for an April cruise.  TWICE!  We called Celebrity and the first time, we got a very helpful person who saw what the problem was and took it off of the account.  I went onto our account the next day and printed the invoice showing that the suite and the premium package for drinks, wi-fi, and gratuities was paid. A couple of weeks later, the same message about owing a balance came up on my account.  The second time we called, we got a representative that insisted that we did owe the balance, despite the fact that I have the original invoice as well as the one from the correction a few weeks before.  After a very long time (maybe an hour of conversation and being on hold) the representative did correct the problem...  I would check the account every day after that to be sure there was no recurrence of the balance due message.

I also made sure I had the name of the representative each time, so if there were to be a problem when we were at embarkation, I had the history of the problem, a few extra sheets of paper but worth the peace of mind.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 3

Have had this issue before, particularly with the gratuities.  Will say I owe xx$ and due immediately. I call, and on “their end”, all is well.   Do they run 2 servers?    if one logs into their account, in this day and age of technology, one should see what they see

Also have had this disparity when trying to book.   I now take a screen shot. 

Celeb. Get a new IT team.    Incompetent. 

I have two cruises with "all inclusive" bookings where the website shows only one of us (me) having the drink package and the wifi...My wife, apparently doesn't get the perks...And it's not because it was recently added.  We originally booked in 2019 and "lifted-and-shifted" every year since.  OTOH, we've had the same thing happen on two other recent cruises--and it all mysteriously cleared up just before the sail date nd the perks finally showed up.  Of course, nobody has threatened to cancel my cruises...So we can be patient.

1 hour ago, Bruin Steve said:

I have two cruises with "all inclusive" bookings where the website shows only one of us (me) having the drink package and the wifi...My wife, apparently doesn't get the perks...And it's not because it was recently added.  We originally booked in 2019 and "lifted-and-shifted" every year since.  OTOH, we've had the same thing happen on two other recent cruises--and it all mysteriously cleared up just before the sail date nd the perks finally showed up.  Of course, nobody has threatened to cancel my cruises...So we can be patient.

Same for us.  TA says it is ok, and I’m not worried since it is on our Booking Confirmation.

• Thanks 1

Did they just... updated the website? 

Like their offering, it got worse! 

Now if I want to go in and proactively de-select pre-paid Gratuities, it will tell me I'm still owing them money because my cruise is now 200 more expensive somehow.

image.thumb.png.d99fd32a8063e8a1b6cf081d5131db38.png

why are they deducting money from my promotional savings ?? 

Anyone know what's going on.... ? 

It's total software gore 

Edited by leyland1989
wording and picture

3 hours ago, leyland1989 said:

Did they just... updated the website? 

Like their offering, it got worse! 

Now if I want to go in and proactively de-select pre-paid Gratuities, it will tell me I'm still owing them money because my cruise is now 200 more expensive somehow.

image.thumb.png.d99fd32a8063e8a1b6cf081d5131db38.png

why are they deducting money from my promotional savings ?? 

Anyone know what's going on.... ? 

It's total software gore 

l19 just call and ask for an official invoice with the correct info on it...

Then again when you are going in to make changes it will update to whatever the current pricing is... as such, better to call and when all is updated, you will receive a corrected invoice to verify all is correct.. 

At that point if it is not, then you will be able to get a corrected invoice...

bon voyage