Washer/Dryer cost on Royal

bearybubba

Every ship I've been on has a laundromat. They are on many decks so if one is buy you can go to another deck. You purchase tokens in a machine using your cruise card or medallion and it's dispensed. I forget how many tokens for a wash or dry. 

1 hour ago, 65Mommy said:

Our last cruise, they removed the washers and dryers and charge a per bag fee for laundry.

Can't have been a Princess ship. I know many other cruise lines don't have self laundry facilities (we were appalled when we found that out) but Princess has passenger laundry facilities on every ship.

• Like 1

We bring our own detergent pods and dryer sheets for Princess cruises. I just put them in a ziplock bag. I have brought my kobo with me when the laundry room was a bit of a hike away but if the cabin is relatively close I will head back for some balcony time with my DW. One Princess cruise, thanks to the laundry facilities, we were able to do a 12 night cruise with only a carry on suitcase and a backpack for each of us. We did forego formal nights that cruise but the airports were a breeze!

10 hours ago, 65Mommy said:

Our last cruise, they removed the washers and dryers and charge a per bag fee for laundry.

Whoa! This does not sound correct. Are you certain you are speaking about the Royal Princess?

1 hour ago, Worldtraveler 4727 said:

According to the above very recent post, laundry is free on the Crown!

Can anyone confirm this for any of the other ships--particularly the Royal?? Above, 65Mommy said the laundry was removed on the Royal? 🤔

Anyone on the Royal or know someone on her now??

@GoDucksNationhas reported that there is still a charge on the Royal as of a few weeks ago, and that was the case for us in February. It has not been removed. There was no charge on Discovery in May and also on Crown in June. I suspect this is more a case of something related to the payments (token machine, washer/dryer token acceptance) being broken with no rush to fix rather than a coming fleet wide change. 

Edited by sunviking90

On 8/3/2023 at 8:07 PM, Thrak said:

Can't have been a Princess ship. I know many other cruise lines don't have self laundry facilities (we were appalled when we found that out) but Princess has passenger laundry facilities on every ship.

I am sorry, I thought we were talking about ROYAL Caribbean and not Royal Princess.  I am getting old!

On 8/4/2023 at 7:04 AM, sunviking90 said:

Was your last cruise on a HAL ship by any chance? 

I am sorry, I thought we were talking about ROYAL Caribbean and not Royal Princess.  I am getting old!

• Like 1