O'Hara airport

azgrandmax3

17 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

The published Minimum Connection Time at ORD for Domestic to International is one hour.

But I see 40 minutes? Omitting suppressed MCTs:

Minimum Connect Times:
Connecting at ORD
Incoming airline UA
Outgoing airline UA
Flight type Domestic to International

STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE    .50  1.15  1.30  1.30
OFFLINE   .50  1.15  1.30  1.30
** OR * ARE ALL

UA-UA DI   .45 AUA - ALL 13FEB14 - INF
UA-UA DI   .45 DUB - ALL
UA-UA DI   .45 NAS - ALL 13FEB14 - INF
UA-UA DI   .45 SNN - ALL 13FEB14 - INF

UA-UA DI   .40 13FEB14 - INF
UA-** DI  1.30 TRM 5 - ** COUNTRY CA - ALL

1 hour ago, azgrandmax3 said:

Flying united airlines can anyone tell me how long will it take to get from domestic to international?  Thanks 

It’s spelled O’hare airport.  If it’s the minimum connection time you question, UA-UA, it should be all in terminal 1, so, 40 mins is the listed MCT.   Your UA international flight will also depart from terminal 1.  Makes it easy.

I would definitely give myself at least 1 hour minimum though, due to the airport delays, weather etc.  You don’t want to miss your International flight.

On 8/9/2023 at 9:27 AM, PacnGoNow said:

It’s spelled O’hare airport.  If it’s the minimum connection time you question, UA-UA, it should be all in terminal 1, so, 40 mins is the listed MCT.   Your UA international flight will also depart from terminal 1.  Makes it easy.

I would definitely give myself at least 1 hour minimum though, due to the airport delays, weather etc.  You don’t want to miss your International flight.

Thanks for the spell check 

If I understand your question correctly, you are arriving ORD on a domestic flight and switching planes to an outbound international flight. Depending on where you are coming inbound from, you might arrive at a gate in either Terminal 1 or Terminal 2, the latter being typically used by United Express' regional jet service from smaller towns. Almost certainly your outbound international flight will be departing from Terminal 1, Concourse B or C. I encourage you to familiarize yourself with an ORD terminal map.

Personally, I would never consider a connection time that's less than a full hour, even for two domestics, and would strongly prefer 90 minutes. You won't need to go through TSA but the walk all the way from an outer gate in the E concourse all the way through the 'disco tunnel' to a gate at the far end of the C concourse is not insignificant. Frankly, for an international flight, I'd bump that up from 90-120 minutes just to increase the cushion.  And I'm not one of these folks who gets to the airport 3 hours before my known domestic flight like some do.  

Don't do this unless you have at least an hour. Personally, I wouldn't do this without 2 hours. Chicago is very, very busy and your plane could be late, they may not have a runway, a gate, etc. Your next flight is international and that makes it even harder to replace.