Questions about Celebrity Constellation in Italy & Croatia in May June 2024 vs September

Stem to Stern

I am looking at selecting one of the series of sailings that run between Ravenna and Rome in May and June 2024.  We sailed out of Ravenna on Celebrity Constellation last October.  We had no issue with either the port or the ship.  But what about the May or June timing vs September or October?  Will the weather be pretty similar during both times of year?  We experienced beautiful warm, dry weather in Italy in October.  Will there be more children on board in May or June?  We did not have many children on board last year.  Any other thoughts about Croatia?  I ruled out any sailing that doesn't stop at Dubrovnik.  And yes, I have consulted with the ports of call boards.  Hoping to learn the thoughts of those of you that post here regularly about your frequent travel in this region.  

Thank you.

• Like 1

We did the Constellation in early July this year. It was very hot ( although not the temperatures they are experiencing now). There was no rain. There were many more families than we typically see on Celebrity cruises but that did not affect our enjoyment- the ports were excellent. We had an amazing private guide in Ravenna- not to be missed!

• Thanks 1

First Celebrity cruise was on Equinox round trip Rome…we picked that specific itinerary to include both Dubrovnik and Montenegro which are both beautiful.  We sailed end of September into early October.  The weather was gorgeous…sunshine, mild temps, no rain 😎.  If there were any kids on board, I don’t remember!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We did Croatia, saling May 2nd this year followed by Greece May 15.  Weather was fantastic.  Cooler than I imagined.  Low 70's most days.   We did a Tours By Locals tour in Dubrovnik which focused on Game of Thrones sites.   Guide was great and was actually an extra.  You don't have to be a GOT fan to enjoy as long as you have seen the series.

If interested in details you can email me at wrk2cruise at gmail.com

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Thanks 1

I have been in Croatia and Montenegro twice; both times were in early May and the weather was good, but with a rain shower.  My next visit will be later in September, but no one knows what Mother Nature is planning.  Look at what happened in Maui, not to mention so many other destinations the last few years etc.  I would not prioritize weather as that important, but itinerary, price, cabin/suite, along with ship and other ports.  This was Dubrovnik in early May of this year...Montenegro is superb; Zakynthos too.  The final two are Montenegro.  Research shipwrecked Beach on Zakynthos...Omgosh...Corfu too!

IMG_2085.jpeg

IMG_2179.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
Adding photos
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

Will there be more children on board in May or June?  

Last week in May is half term holiday in UK. The remainder of the time the children should be at school, so basically it depends how long the cruise is.

• Thanks 1

Early June would be my sweet spot but May/June & September to mid October should be good. I would avoid July/August as schools out and hot. The Irish and Scottish kids break up mid-June but smaller numbers. We had some US kids on a Princess cruise early June but seems to be more on that line. I believe US breaks are spread more evenly over Summer than European. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2023 at 8:58 AM, Stem to Stern said:

Thanks to everyone who responded.

The tips and input were very helpful.

Flights are more than a tad eyewatering.

Who has flown on Tap Air Portugal?

Seems to be an economical option.

MIA - LIS - FCO round trip.

It is economical because of its ranking, although I have heard that it is improving!  

• 4 weeks later...