How many people need to sign up for WIFI

Cushing985

• 2 weeks later...

You may also want 2 devices in case you separate and want to text/message each other. The Hub app has a text feature but it's not very convenient, better to use WhatsApp or iMessage but you'd need two wifi packages for that.

I bought the premium wifi for my wife and did not get any for myself.  I did buy the Chat feature for both us and for our travel companions -- $5 activation fee per person, for the entire cruise -- and it worked well (without buying any WiFi).  

Not sure if CCL has fixed this "glitch" yet - but if with other people that have Apple phones, you can send messages (iMessages) to each other when connected to the WiFi. You do not need to purchase a WiFi plan, just connect to the WiFi, which you have to do anyhow if also using the Hub App. Our group of 8 all had iPhones on our last cruise and that is how we communicated.

Like others have stated, you can share a plan as long as you do not need to use it at the same time. My wife purchased it and used it thoughout the day. I would log-in at night once when was asleep to get email, news, sports scores, etc.

19 hours ago, ElCrapyTan said:

Not sure if CCL has fixed this "glitch" yet - but if with other people that have Apple phones, you can send messages (iMessages) to each other when connected to the WiFi. You do not need to purchase a WiFi plan, just connect to the WiFi, which you have to do anyhow if also using the Hub App......

I've experienced this when my phone was signed off so that I could use a laptop with wifi and it kinda' sorta' works but quite often takes a significant amount of time for the message to go through.