All shook up!

When it comes to truth in advertising, I accept that as a society we still have some way to go. Rather like the latest generation of “truthful” cigarette advertising, I do feel that manufactures should be forced to add a “truthful rider” such as “this box contains enough noodles to only fill the cellophane window” or “Serves 4 provided 3 aren’t very hungry!” However my award for Augusts award of the month goes to the Johnny Rockets (Express) on Anthem of the seas! It concerns the Milkshake. Bought one today and it looked nothing like the advertising barely a few meters (yard and a bit) on the advertising billboard.

When I asked the server what happened to the cream and the cherry (or even the banana slice displayed) his reply was “Sorry sir, Cutbacks!” Even then, the result tasted like that “goop” they use to construct pina coladas. 

after the recent scandal of the “Half & Half” this has left me shaken and stirred!

Spot the difference?

IMG_2765.jpeg

IMG_2763.jpeg

• Like 2

EWWWWWWWWWWWWW

But I never liked them...too sweet.  I make my own using their ice cream and a rootbeer.  I just ask for 2 scoops of ice cream and a root beer, I put it together myself right at our table... nessesity is the mother of invention.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

Bummer.  Last time I was on RCCL, I recall the JR milkshakes being as good as the ones on land.  I was looking forward to a good milkshake.  The good thing is at the very least now I won't be disappointed.

46 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I've had JR "adult" shakes on Anthem (using D+ vouchers) in Dec. 2021, May 2022, and May 2023.  They were the same each time.  Were they bigger pre-Covid?

Know they were Full Size and in Glass last time I had it on Royal, but that was 24yrs ago on Voyager

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

The picture of the food item ALWAYS looks better than what you get on your plate. This is hardly an RC issue.

Looks is one thing, but showing whip creme and a cherry and not delivering is different than just "looks better"