Barcelona Sights

WappNY

My wife and I have a western mediterranean cruise booked. Our cruise departs and returns to Barcelona.

On the day that our cruise ends our flight won't be until that evening so we'd like to see some of Barcelona. Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.

This will be our first time to Barcelona so anything and everything that we see is going to be new for us. 

Thank you!

3 hours ago, WappNY said:

Hmmmm didn't think of that. If we take a van tour we should be able to bring our luggage.

Check on a private airport transfer that includes a tour. You only need to be at the airport three hours before your flight.

Spain Day Tours is a good company.

I have not used this service mxaelf but seen it it offered a couple of times: In Barcelona a company will take your luggage at the port and take it to the airport for you to pick it up later.

This you will have all day to sightsee independently. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WappNY said:

My wife and I have a western mediterranean cruise booked. Our cruise departs and returns to Barcelona.

On the day that our cruise ends our flight won't be until that evening so we'd like to see some of Barcelona. Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.

This will be our first time to Barcelona so anything and everything that we see is going to be new for us. 

Thank you!

Are you getting any time in Barcelona before your cruise and what are planning to do then?

18 hours ago, WappNY said:

Ideally you would want to spend a few days in Barcelona either before or after your cruise as there is so much to see and do there and it is a fabulous city to visit. Some cruisers specifically look for cruises starting or ending in Barcelona so they can add a few days. With only a few hours available, making a decision will be tricky, and if eg you wanted to visit the Sagrada Familia (and why would you not?) timed entry tickets need to be bought ahead of time.

You would need to read about all that Barcelona has to offer and prioritise a couple of sights then contact a company to see if they can offer that, or ask a company what they can offer you and decide if their selection would be to your liking, and for that, you would need to research a little to know which sights they are referring to.

Or if you find a company to collect your luggage and deliver it to the airport as suggested above, you could simply ride the HOHO routes to get a city overview and include a visit to the Sagrada Familia as part of your day (or not depending on your interests)

Edited by edinburgher

Luggage storage in Placa de Cataluyna is an option and then taking the airport bus from there later in the afternoon (or three hours before the flight).  You Tube is a good source of information as to what is available in Barcelona (there is a lot to see).