Saint Greg's Alaska Jewel - Live - August 28, 2023

Saint Greg

Since we are into the college football season I am curious if this sport 21 being the only sports channel on this ship is typical of NCL or is it only because the ship is operating between Seward and Vancouver? 

I know we had it on my Venezia transatlantic but they said once it got to NYC the tv package would change and they would get all of the espn channels.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Since we are into the college football season I am curious if this sport 21 being the only sports channel on this ship is typical of NCL or is it only because the ship is operating between Seward and Vancouver? 

I know we had it on my Venezia transatlantic but they said once it got to NYC the tv package would change and they would get ESPN, espn2, sec network.

you can check tonight.  Florida vs Utah is on ESPN tonight at 7 central, so 4 pm your time?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

That’s your seat. 

You can take the train from Anchorage instead where there is only forward facing seats for two. There is a separate dining car but it's all shared seating.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, dallasdan said:

you can check tonight.  Florida vs Utah is on ESPN tonight at 7 central, so 4 pm your time?

1 minute ago, dallasdan said:

Doubt I’ll be onboard for any of that. We are in Juneau 2-9pm.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, atanac said:

You can take the train from Anchorage instead where there is only forward facing seats for two. There is a separate dining car but it's all shared seating.

I think that’s the train that leaves from behind my airbnb

instead of the airport. Of course for me to take it on the same day I would’ve had to leave around 6am instead of 1pm and it would’ve cost almost twice as much.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I did Tracy Arm May 26th last year. And I was originally on the cruise before that and I also had it booked for that one. So definitely worth her checking into before doing anything too drastic.

Yes, definitely worth looking into. We went in 2022 the second week of June and I called the company (Allen Marine Tours, I believe)before booking and they are the ones who said general rule of thumb is Memorial Day. It’s always weather related so anything is possible ☺️

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

We are hours behind but these pics just aren’t uploading. I’ve had like 7 drinks since that coffee.

I bet you're loving that two drinks at a time on NCL... (And, no 15 drink limit.) Have you gone over 15, or have you even been counting? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 10

3-5 min wait for breakfast 

IMG_2816.thumb.jpeg.4f0752b2d188a0b668984e012f4e27bb.jpeg

Daily features is the portion that changes. That’s where I found the sandwich yesterday. For the non ccl peeps carnival has to one breakfast menu for port days and one brunch menu for sea days.

IMG_2817.thumb.jpeg.da50766cd34b109cd62630a4c25eeda3.jpeg

IMG_2818.jpeg

• Like 12

45 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I think that’s the train that leaves from behind my airbnb instead of the airport.

Yep, that's the one. Only difference beyond departure time & price are the cars. If I had to sit facing backwards for hours I'd be really poed!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, atanac said:

Yep, that's the one. Only difference beyond departure time & price are the cars. If I had to sit facing backwards for hours I'd be really poed!

I was facing forward but the person across from me was facing back.

• Like 1