Adventure of the Seas 6 nights with a 1 yr old and 3 yr old??

Would you take a 1 year old and a 3 year old on a 6 night cruise aboard the Adventure during Spring Break?  I heard it was one of the ships which has a "splash" area for toddlers.  Obviously the 1 year old will be in diapers.  Any suggestions??

Honestly, I waited until my kids were big enough for the kids club, but that's because my family needed it.  Other families seem quite happy taking younger children on cruises because they have more energy to entertain their own kids.

If you decide to wait please note that:

Carnival and Cunard accept children for free drop off care starting at the age of 2

Pre-covid, princess allowed children under the age of 3 to attend the kids club with adult supervision (you had to say there, but they entertain your kid and you can read a book)

Disney and some newer/refurbished RC ships have a fee-based nursery, with limited availability.

This isn't necessary, but is it possible for you to not travel during spring break?  When my kids were younger we went when the school year was in session and it was a lot easier - the kids clubs weren't full which is better for your 3 year old, and the splash pad will be a lot less crowded.

Edited by kitkat343

One potential problem with the Adventure is that it doesn’t have a baby nursery for children under three years olds. Most of Royal’s other ships do offer the baby nursery option. It may or may not be important to you, but it does offer a little flexibility for parents. 

4 hours ago, MsSWhite said:

Would you take a 1 year old and a 3 year old on a 6 night cruise aboard the Adventure during Spring Break?  I heard it was one of the ships which has a "splash" area for toddlers.  Obviously the 1 year old will be in diapers.  Any suggestions??

Ship will sail at about 115% capacity. lots of college party animals.   A good week to miss.       

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MsSWhite said:

No

• Like 1

In response to the OP's original question, I do not believe the Adventure has ever updated its kiddie water facility to include a splash area for toddlers in diapers. The first showed up on the slightly larger Freedom class ships (Freedom, Liberty, and Independence)  and I believe all newer ships. 

Granddaughter was 6 months when she went on her first cruise and it wasn't Royal.  We never thought of leaving her home and always found excursions and other things we could do with her.  She loves looking at the early pictures and hearing all the stories.  Would do it all over again.  Take your kids and have a blast.

• Like 2

The kids splash area was refurbished in May 2023; I was on the ship and talked to the people who boarded in Cozumel to dismantle it and saw pieces crated and being removed in Lauderdale.  Can't opine on diapers, etc. 

• 3 months later...