Not Any More

cruisefam38

22 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Celebrity cruises that depart from South Hampton the last few years includes a hot water kettle in cabins for the British citizens who want to make tea for breakfast. Celebrity even provides the tea bags so if they were to charge for them it would not be a pretty site.

The last survey I saw 63% of Brits regularly drink coffee to 59% who regularly drink tea.

As a Brit of 76 years I hate tea.

But I do love the kettles in the cabin to make a coffee.

Btw,,,sorry to be pedantic but it’s Southampton,,,one word no double H in the middle.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

The last survey I saw 63% of Brits regularly drink coffee to 59% who regularly drink tea.

As a Brit of 76 years I hate tea.

But I do love the kettles in the cabin to make a coffee.

Btw,,,sorry to be pedantic but it’s Southampton,,,one word no double H in the middle.

The math doesn't add up 63% +  59% is more than 100%, LOL  

Sorry about the Southampton spelling. I wish Celebrity would provide an expresso/coffee machine in cabins lower than Royal Suites. I love them in European hotel rooms when we travel. I prefer a good expresso or 2 or 3 in the morning over a cup of coffee.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2023 at 7:30 AM, hcat said:

Includes foraging for food,  water and beer.. reduced wi fi,  limited free TV.... It's  a new world ..

Dtr and fam just stayed at a new style "Tru"  Hilton for 1 night.. ultra modern, minimal ( meaning no) style,  plastic decor including chairs,  no closets or dressers, hang your "gear" on wall hooks.    Room smelled of "Wet Dog" ( one son allergic to dogs..thank heaven for benydryl).  Was not  cheap on price  ..they would not go back!

We are Diamond (the highest level) loyalty with Hilton, but we will never stay in that new TRU brand. TRU is a concept tailored for the business traveler on a limited per diem basis. Fortunately they are usually located next to an Embassy Suits, Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn which we prefer when we travel.

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Sorry about the Southampton spelling. I wish Celebrity would provide an expresso/coffee machine in cabins lower than Royal Suites. I love them in European hotel rooms when we travel. I prefer a good expresso or 2 or 3 in the morning over a cup of coffee.

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

We are Diamond (the highest level) loyalty with Hilton, but we will never stay in that new TRU brand. TRU is a concept tailored for the business traveler on a limited per diem basis. Fortunately they are usually located next to an Embassy Suits, Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn which we prefer when we travel.

I thought that but I just took the figures from an article I read.

The para went..

“However, as new research suggests this week, it may simply have been a sign of things to come: coffee has overtaken tea as the UK’s preferred drink. Sixty-three per cent of consumers say they regularly drink coffee against 59% saying they regularly reach for tea. I’m guessing the trend has largely been driven by millennials (such as me) and Gen Z, who prefer coffee to a classic builder’s brew – though not exclusively. If we vote with our pound, we’ve elected coffee supreme, but is it cause for celebration?”

• Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 8:23 AM, craig01020 said:

Don't like someone being a cruise "critic"?  Try another website.

Critic does not necessarily mean negative, and there is no doubt there is excessive negativity on here. But that’s ok, but shame they can’t offer a positive and negative board.

4 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Isn't it possible that someone regularly drinks both coffee and tea?  I don't think it needs to be an either or.

Edited by Ipeeinthepools
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Isn't it possible that someone regularly drinks both coffee and tea? 

As long as the hot beverages accompany ......  COOKIES!

tasty, yummy, scrumptious  coooookies

even better when the delectables are cost inclusive

Edited by cruisefam38

3 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Isn't it possible that someone regularly drinks both coffee and tea?  I don't think it needs to be an either or.

And one does not have to be a "UK citizen" to enjoy tea. 

The idea that kettles are only provided to UK citizens seems more than a bit off-putting. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MamaFej said:

And one does not have to be a "UK citizen" to enjoy tea. 

The idea that kettles are only provided to UK citizens seems more than a bit off-putting. 

Hi.

Kettles are not only provided to UK citizens.

Many nationalities sail from Southampton,,they all get kettles. 
If you mean all ships wherever they sail from should have kettles in the cabin I agree,,,or you are able to ask for one…….which I think you can.

You do get a good choice of tea and coffee with the kettles,,,I always get a glass of Lactose free milk from OV for my coffee.

IMG_2437.thumb.jpeg.77e989221ab8f06e020776c995423123.jpeg

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi.

If you mean all ships wherever they sail from should have kettles in the cabin I agree,,,or you are able to ask for one…….which I think you can.

You do get a good choice of tea and coffee with the kettles,,,I always get a glass of Lactose free milk from OV for my coffee.

Thanks, I figured that was the case. I should have made it clearer that I was referring to the earlier post that said that kettles are for British citizens. 

On 8/25/2023 at 8:42 PM, jelayne said:

There was a pic posted.  So they try something, not well received and they reversed, is that a bad thing?? To me if they didn’t reverse it would be bad.

No, but why would Celebrity think their customers would want a double cheeseburger at dinner.

30 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

No, but why would Celebrity think their customers would want a double cheeseburger at dinner.

Is it possible  =X= is supplying a meal option to the customers they want to have, and not the ones they already have?

Edited by cruisefam38
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi.

Regretably for some not all countries permit kettles in the cabin for "safety" reasons - the USA is one such.

Personally our kettle is immediately moved to the bottom of the wardrobe, we keep the tray and cups everything else is removed by the Cabin Steward.

We always have a cabin on Deck 7 central, for easy access to the Al Bacio and the Hideaway. Our day starts with an Al Bacio latte and ends at the same venue.

11 hours ago, the penguins said:

Regretably for some not all countries permit kettles in the cabin for "safety" reasons - the USA is one such.

Personally our kettle is immediately moved to the bottom of the wardrobe, we keep the tray and cups everything else is removed by the Cabin Steward.

We always have a cabin on Deck 7 central, for easy access to the Al Bacio and the Hideaway. Our day starts with an Al Bacio latte and ends at the same venue.

Hi.

My wife likes a cup of Horlicks for bed,,,,she has to take her own sachets from home,,,a kettle is very handy.

6 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi.

My wife likes a cup of Horlicks for bed,,,,she has to take her own sachets from home,,,a kettle is very handy.

Depends how you make it. The boss (Anita) likes hot milk. Last job of the day is for me to get her a takeaway cup full of hot skimmed milk and a couple of cookies from Al Bacio. 

• Like 1

the penguins, an earlier riser myself, I often pick up a cuppa for the lady before returning to the cabin.  On a cruise earlier this year, I soon became aware of a group of four men, all early risers themselves, who would sit and chat awhile in the buffet area before making their way back with tea or coffee for their respective ladies.  A bit of casual camaraderie. 

Edited by cruisefam38
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, the penguins said:

We sailed on Millie out of Seward Alaska last year and friends did not have any problems getting a kettle in their suite. 

1 hour ago, bigbenboys said:

We sailed on Millie out of Seward Alaska last year and friends did not have any problems getting a kettle in their suite. 

The answer is probably in the word "suite".

Secondly where did the cruise end? If Vancouver Canada rules would apply.

They have definitely had cuts as have other cruiselines I've been on since covid, but Celebrity is the only one calling themselves the LUXURY line. . .so I expect more from them. . . and I'm certainly paying for it. 

It does seem like too much negative change since new CEO took over, but could already have been in process before that. 

NO prizes for any trivia, etc. is beyond cheap.   A logo item is free advertising and costs them pennies.  Ok maybe a few dollars.    They were giving out prizes in 2022, . .but that stopped in 2023.  Food also went a bit down hill with fewer options and nothing outstanding anymore.  

And this site is to express our opinions, so there's that. . .  🙂 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mizLORInj said:

A logo item is free advertising and costs them pennies.  Ok maybe a few dollars.    They were giving out prizes in 2022, . .but that stopped in 2023. 

When we have worn =X= t-shirts that we've won in trivia games while out in public, sometimes on cruises with other lines, both my wife and I have had people strike up conversations with us about our Celebrity cruise experiences.  There is an adage that a satisfied customer is the best advertisement, and since my first cruise with =X= in 2006, we have been that for Celebrity. 

In fact, the t-shirt I used for the photo in the initial post has made me a walking advertisement for Celebrity Cruise line.  Unsanctioned and unpaid.  Do the people managing this business not appreciate that their company is not fully and wholly quantified by numbers in a ledger?