Warm Cookies for a Fee are Over

omeinv

18 hours ago, Mark_T said:

This is like playing Whac-a-Mole ...

I just feel sorry for those who are paying to participate in the ongoing series of experiments...

I feel bad for the staff who had to listen to angry customers for this ridiculous stunt. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cinderellen said:

I feel bad for the staff who had to listen to angry customers for this ridiculous stunt. 

I feel bad for them too..folks should just move along instead of chewing out staff who had nothing to do with this. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

As usually, this board panicked…LOL

TBH I think the panic and bad social media is why Celebrity regressed.  It was unnecessary bad publicly.  Social media is powerful.  Princess marketing department should jump on this and capitalize with advertising and a tag line about cookies being included.  Celebrity should feel the negativity for sometime.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

TBH I think the panic and bad social media is why Celebrity regressed.  It was unnecessary bad publicly.  Social media is powerful.  Princess marketing department should jump on this and capitalize with advertising and a tag line about cookies being included.  Celebrity should feel the negativity for sometime.  

Social media now will make or break something, it's not like the 90's when there wasn't that much communication going on so would be easier to make changes like that. Now if changes happen or people don't like something they can be vocal online and the news spread.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

I think you are right. They need to be very careful how they present ANYTHING. I took the post I saw about the cookies costing now, and thought the free cookies were gone from that location. Now, I think maybe the cookie for charge was a different product, in addition the the free cookies that never really went away. While I cannot be sure, I wonder if I got upset over nothing. If so, they presented a new product badly, and it hurt them.

22 hours ago, omeinv said:

We’re on Equinox and the warm cookie test ended about 30 minutes ago.  The idea will NOT be going forward. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Perhaps they just ran out of cookie dough? Or did they say that? Were free cookies that were always there removed? Was this an additional offering, or did it replace previously available cookies! The Cookie Monster (Me!) must know!

19 minutes ago, budmeister said:

Perhaps they just ran out of cookie dough? Or did they say that? Were free cookies that were always there removed? Was this an additional offering, or did it replace previously available cookies! The Cookie Monster (Me!) must know!

They did not run out of cookie dough.  They removed the signs and the oven, and the staff member we spoke to made it clear the trial was ended.  These were never a replacement for the free cookies, they were an additional option.  The free cookies were always available.  You can see more detail by reading the whole thread. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, omeinv said:

They did not run out of cookie dough.  They removed the signs and the oven, and the staff member we spoke to made it clear the trial was ended.  These were never a replacement for the free cookies, they were an additional option.  The free cookies were always available.  You can see more detail by reading the whole thread. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Well, you may have to explain it again, in more detail (LOL), so everyone can understand and accept it is over.

Enjoy the rest of your sailing, free cookies and all!!!

bon voyage

• Haha 1

What I'm looking for on my next cruise is no surprises.

No sudden introduction of a new fee.  No cuts to the almost always available pillow chocolates, or those horrible (to some) afternoon snacks.  We cruise over and over because we like a certain product, service and destination.  Don't cancel my cruise on a whim.

Do you remember the slogan?

History: No surprises in the backstory of Holiday Inn in Palm Springs (desertsun.com)

On 8/27/2023 at 5:07 PM, budmeister said:

I think you are right. They need to be very careful how they present ANYTHING. I took the post I saw about the cookies costing now, and thought the free cookies were gone from that location. Now, I think maybe the cookie for charge was a different product, in addition the the free cookies that never really went away. While I cannot be sure, I wonder if I got upset over nothing. If so, they presented a new product badly, and it hurt them.

100% correct.

The hot cookies were at the Gelato Bar where everything is at an extra cost plus the 20% service fee which goes to the server.

Free cookies remained at Al Bacio and other venues exactly as before.

As usual the devil is/was in the detail, the options were:

Cookies:

For a fee at Gelato - now not available.

Or

Free at A Bacio and other venues.

Coffee:

For a fee at Al Bacio (let's ignore AI and Elite+ perks) with 20% service charge

Or 

Free at various stations around the ship.

• Like 2

On 8/27/2023 at 4:56 PM, crusinthrough said:

Really.  Princess already has its International Cafe open 24 hours a day with more food options than X has ever dreamed about let alone offered - X has never even attempted to compete on this.