Future booked cruises with All Included? Tips no longer included.

39august

4 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Am I missing something or is my math off base.  If I upgrade my existing AI beverage pkg. to premium, the cost will be $24 pp/pd =$48 pp x 10 = $480??  Is the premium pkg. really worth that price?  or is there a lesser price based on my included basic bev. pkg.?  I've checked online and it doesn't give me the benefit of having an AI pkg.

Premium package (without any promotions) is $109 pp/pd plus tip if you don't already have the classic beverage package.  So the $24 is giving you the benefit of having the AI package.  The lowest I have seen the premium package has been 50% off so still about $55 plus gratuities if you don't already have the classic package.

I don't think it is worth it as I hardly drink at all and while my husband likes pelligrino with dinner and dogfish 90, he will skip the premium water and pay the difference for his beer and still only spend less than $150-200 over a week long cruise.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tschwa2 said:

Premium package (without any promotions) is $109 pp/pd plus tip if you don't already have the classic beverage package.  So the $24 is giving you the benefit of having the AI package.  The lowest I have seen the premium package has been 50% off so still about $55 plus gratuities if you don't already have the classic package.

I don't think it is worth it as I hardly drink at all and while my husband likes pelligrino with dinner and dogfish 90, he will skip the premium water and pay the difference for his beer and still only spend less than $150-200 over a week long cruise.

We have the AI pkg and we both think whatever is offered will be just fine with us...not being hard to please with mixed drinks, beer or wine.  I looked at it as DH has beer preferences but even if we were hard drinkers I'd think the pricing is way too high....or maybe I'm out of step with costs for liquor , etc. now.

Edited by Oceangoer2

2 hours ago, peterde said:

I didn’t read the gratuity included part, but I just purchased the upgrade anyway with my 10% CC discount. I have been waiting for months for my cruise to offer a sale on the drink upgrade, but the flash sales have never included it, maybe because it’s a holiday cruise. If it happens to ever go on sale I will cancel and repurchase it, but I’m not going to hold my breath. 

I have seen people post that they were able to get it 50% off but I am sure that is not often.  Watch for the Black Friday sale, I have heard that is usually the best one.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 6:59 PM, neverlaysup said:

I need to set a reminder to "mock book" a few cruises just before this change is implemented and then go back and re-price after this new policy is in play. Pretty sure those of us that have been booking AI or Retreat are about to pay MUCH more, especially is they remove the OBC from the Retreat! All that being said, there needs to be a proper cruise only rate for all cabin categories, not just Concierge and below. 

Don’t wait until the last minute to do this. Fares often go up before new “promos” happen

On 8/29/2023 at 12:03 PM, terrydtx said:

After reading this you are correct the daily gratuities will no longer be included even for the Retreat. This seems to be outrageous and just another cut or addon cost. At $23pp per person for a suite that adds $552 to the cost of a 12 day cruise. This could be the final straw for many here who are already upset with Celebrity. This is much bigger than cookiegate, at least they are not making it applicable to those like us who already have cruises booked.

Plus the loss of the OBC

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 7:03 PM, RTShaker said:

It has been discussed in numerous thread over the last week.

FYI to all,

The three threads have been merged into one thread. Per the Cruise Critic software, all posts now appear in post date/time order on this newly merged thread.

Happy sails,

Host Kat

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 1:09 AM, WestLakeGirl said:

And here

New pricing is for bookings from 4 October. No changes to bookings already made - hence some passengers are considering booking now on the assumption the current system is better. Book now  or wait - your choice but no guarantees.