Future booked cruises with All Included? Tips no longer included.

39august

Does anyone know what is going to happen with those cruises already booked with the former AI? Will we get what we were charged for or no gratuities, even tho' we are paying the price for them? I don't mind not getting a butler or cans of water, but this is outrageous if they make it in effect for already booked cruises. 

1 minute ago, 39august said:

Does anyone know what is going to happen with those cruises already booked with the former AI? Will we get what we were charged for or no gratuities, even tho' we are paying the price for them? I don't mind not getting a butler or cans of water, but this is outrageous if they make it in effect for already booked cruises. 

if they don't include the grats we pd for in our fare,  we just would not add any..

• Like 2

Pretty sure the intention is the change for cruises booked on Oct 4th and after. Therefore existing bookings won’t be impacted. Obviously get confirmation of that from Celebrity but that’s how I read it. 

“Please note: As of October 4, 2023, All Included package pricing was modified to align with the evolving needs of our guests and offer added flexibility when booking. Starting October 4, 2023, newly purchased All Included packages do not include tips other than the tips included as part of the Beverage Package pricing.“

Edited by tigervixxxen

10 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

No. Cruises booked after the effective date (October 4?) would not have gratuities included. Any existing reservations booked prior to that date will remain as is. 

And by "existing reservations" am I safe to assume where we have made a deposit, as opposed to being past final payment date?  That's how it's been in the past, but these days................

11 minutes ago, tigervixxxen said:

Pretty sure the intention is the change for cruises booked on Oct 4th and after. Therefore existing bookings won’t be impacted. Obviously get confirmation of that from Celebrity but that’s how I read it. 

“Please note: As of October 4, 2023, All Included package pricing was modified to align with the evolving needs of our guests and offer added flexibility when booking. Starting October 4, 2023, newly purchased All Included packages do not include tips other than the tips included as part of the Beverage Package pricing.“

Where is this on the Celebrity web site?

Just now, neverlaysup said:

I hope the AI pricing is reduced by at least $15 a day to compensate for this.....we all know it won't!!!!

Nope how they put in the gratuities at the end of speciality dining purchases now, when it use to be all included when you booked a speciality dining 

• Like 2

Here is  document I guess Celebrity sent out to its Travel Agents so they can learn of the changes,  In general they are throttling the channel for the TA's imo.  They are removing the grats from the AI starting Oct 4th. Does that mean the AI pricing will go down, doubtful but that will be seen when we see the new pricing.  Gratuities will be a new add in feature I guess when booking moving forward.  So with no AI, I can see more people now opting out of paying prepaid gratuities which in turn will hurt the staff, which will cause more turnover.  The one thing I enjoyed with Celebrity you had a lot of staff with the company for many years, I now see a turnover with staff moving on to other lines. Counting to see how long this thread stays up now

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/CEL_Always_Inlcuded_FAQs.pdf

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I need to set a reminder to "mock book" a few cruises just before this change is implemented and then go back and re-price after this new policy is in play. Pretty sure those of us that have been booking AI or Retreat are about to pay MUCH more, especially is they remove the OBC from the Retreat! All that being said, there needs to be a proper cruise only rate for all cabin categories, not just Concierge and below. 

Edited by neverlaysup
  • Like 7

16 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

Here is  document I guess Celebrity sent out to its Travel Agents so they can learn of the changes,  In general they are throttling the channel for the TA's imo.  They are removing the grats from the AI starting Oct 4th. Does that mean the AI pricing will go down, doubtful but that will be seen when we see the new pricing.  Gratuities will be a new add in feature I guess when booking moving forward.  So with no AI, I can see more people now opting out of paying prepaid gratuities which in turn will hurt the staff, which will cause more turnover.  The one thing I enjoyed with Celebrity you had a lot of staff with the company for many years, I now see a turnover with staff moving on to other lines. Counting to see how long this thread stays up now

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/CEL_Always_Inlcuded_FAQs.pdf

I see no reason to remove the gratuities.  If one booked with AI they were built in to that cost, if one booked cruise only then they could add them at booking or have them charged to their on board account.

The crew have nothing to do with the continuing changes, cuts or increased prices why penalize them.

Edited by jelayne
Typo
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

I need to set a reminder to "mock book" a few cruises just before this change is implemented and then go back and re-price after this new policy is in play. Pretty sure those of us that have been booking AI or Retreat are about to pay MUCH more, especially is they remove the OBC from the Retreat! All that being said, there needs to be a proper cruise only rate for all cabin categories, not just Concierge and below. 

This change makes it Aqua and below can book cruise only.

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1

Small overall number of cruises headed to CocoCay and not until Summer 2024, and many may have already been booked.... but removal of OBC from Retreat allows Celebrity to charge for CocoCay amenities and actually achieve revenue.   

We viewed OBC as a way that a Celebrity was building in some choice and incentives, yet still making the overall experience all inclusive.  Presume we were paying for it in one way or another.  The cookie or Eden, for example, could have been covered by OBC while someone else may used have it on something else.  Spread people out, but got them using the ship and excursions. 

Edited by Cap_D

56 minutes ago, 39august said:

There will be no changes to existing bookings. We had a number of cruises on the books with the old "Indulge" package and although it went away, our cruises still contained all we paid for.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I see no reason to remove the gratuities.  If one booked with AI they were built in to that cost, if one booked cruise only then they could add them at booking or have them charged to their on board account.

The crew have nothing to do with the continuing changes, cuts or increased prices while penalize them.

Ohh I agree, but now with grats not included in the rate automatically people will pay individually again.  Not getting into a tipping discussion but with it not built in anymore I can see less being given to staff in the long run.  

• Like 1

My upcoming cruises that aren't retreat I didn't do AI on my SV because they wanted to nail me with charges, I did get the tips added on so would see it possibly being like that. But as others pointed out AI price probably isn't going down from what it is now just removing the tips to 'add on' so still in the same boat so to speak of not doing AI. But hard to tell until the website changes after the said date and mock booking comparison

• Like 1

I would be very surprised if anything ever goes down, and this smacks of ways to make it more confusing and extract more revenue for guests either with respect to the stuff that's impacted, or just a free up the ability to do it elsewhere. 

• Like 3

As I read post # 19, it appears that guests in the RETREAT suites will  no longer have included gratuities as part of booking in the retreat after a certain date, but those who booked before that date will still have included tips. Same situation for those who booked AI. If so, this is a back-door price increase, in whatever amount the auto tip will be. I think the CC moderator wants to confirm this change with Celebrity.

21 minutes ago, Dolebludger said:

As I read post # 19, it appears that guests in the RETREAT suites will  no longer have included gratuities as part of booking in the retreat after a certain date, but those who booked before that date will still have included tips. Same situation for those who booked AI. If so, this is a back-door price increase, in whatever amount the auto tip will be. I think the CC moderator wants to confirm this change with Celebrity.

It was reported earlier today and later today the information that Celebrity sent to TAs was posted here.  Not sure what’s to confirm.