LIVE… Carnival Celebration 9/3/23-9/9/23

MeganGC1983

4 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Oh gosh going to the elevator and seeing one of the kid’s that pushed me. DH…not happy

I hope you or Mr. Megan said something.  This is so far beyond the pale. 

Edited by lazydayz
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Legit January is my last Carnival cruise. I was just verbal and physically “abuse” by a roving gang of teens. Security all ready knew it was an issue. They were right there. If MY kids EVER said what was said… they wouldn’t sit down, wouldn’t speak, never cruise again. I was trying to go up the stairs and they are sitting 5 deep and I ask to get by, and I’m the bad guy? As one CHILD said “I will not be disrespected there are other staircases”. Indeed. There are other cruise lines. That was the single handed most disgusting thing I’ve ever witnessed on a ship and it was children. Take that for what you will. Oh and I’m racist for saying “sir please don’t use the f word” to a 15 year old. 

Wow. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Yes 3 pushed, shoved, moved me. 

@MeganGC1983so sorry you had to experience this.

Unfortunately I am afraid it is more the norm in today's society.  Kids run the home not the parents.

The rowdiness and loose canons is one of the reasons we have moved on from Carnival.

Even back in the 90s when Carnival allowed under 21 to drink it was not as bad as it is today.  Saw my fair share of high schoolers lose it while sitting at the bar.  Lean over and let loose on the deck but no verbal abuse or running wild like today.

Hang in there you do a great job with your own kids.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, edspec said:

@MeganGC1983 I don't know if you want to mess with it but it might be worthwhile to ask security if this was on camera.  Perhaps the boys and their families can be banned from Carnival.  

@MeganGC1983 was going to say exactly this. We know there are cameras there. And CCL probably doesn't want more bad press about unruly juveniles. 

Soooo sorry that happened. 

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Happy Birthday to Mr. Megan. I hope Ms. Oregon behaved. 

Im sorry you had to deal with those little you know what’s. That was awful. Im afraid my red headed temper would have gotten be banned and maybe arrested. 

Did Ms Oregon look like this?

Edited by Stallion
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

After reading your horrible experience, I had to share my opinion. I worked in education for 41 years as a high school English teacher, Dean and Administrator.  I could see the changes as years passed. Most students had to make the honor roll unlike when I was a student even the highest class had students who  did not achieve that status - much like kids trying out for Little League; everyone made the team and played regardless of ability.  Real discipline and consequences disappeared.  Reason -  parental pressure, and schools and organizations obliged.  Those teens you encountered are a product of the poor parenting or lack thereof.  Even if the parents were shown a video of  what their kids did, they would defend their actions - sad but true.

• Like 20

5 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

Am wondering if any Uber , Lyft, or taxi driver would bother with such a short trip? That's my fear. DH has significant mobility limitations, rollator, etc 

Uber or Lyft drivers don't mind short trips because they are ready for another one right after dropping you off.  Now, on the other hand, taxi drivers would hate it because when they were done with you they would have to go to the back of the line if taxis.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Legit January is my last Carnival cruise. I was just verbal and physically “abuse” by a roving gang of teens. Security all ready knew it was an issue. They were right there. If MY kids EVER said what was said… they wouldn’t sit down, wouldn’t speak, never cruise again. I was trying to go up the stairs and they are sitting 5 deep and I ask to get by, and I’m the bad guy? As one CHILD said “I will not be disrespected there are other staircases”. Indeed. There are other cruise lines. That was the single handed most disgusting thing I’ve ever witnessed on a ship and it was children. Take that for what you will. Oh and I’m racist for saying “sir please don’t use the f word” to a 15 year old. 

There were some roving punks on the Venezia Transatlantic who were turned into security more than once. I wrote all over my review that Carnival needed to get a handle on this yesterday, but apparently not. We'll see what happens on my next Carnival cruise.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

@MeganGC1983 was going to say exactly this. We know there are cameras there. And CCL probably doesn't want more bad press about unruly juveniles. 

Soooo sorry that happened. 

I was all ready told it’s on camera. All I can do now is disrupt young peoples live and press charges. That’s nothing I want to do. But I’m heartbroken this happened. 

• Like 18

4 hours ago, HxFx said:

Wow, how awful. I wouldn't think there would be this problem after school started. So sad. Hope we don't have any issues on our cruise next month.

School just started on Thursday in some districts outside of Philly, so kids would only be missing two days.  Parents think nothing about pulling their kids out for five, so two is nothing.

On a side note, condolences Megan.  I'll take the high road here cause if I type what I wish to type I would be on the sidelines with Jamman.

• Like 5